Next Steps: New Undergraduate Students
1. Visit FIU’s Just Admitted page for your next steps.
2. Then, sign up for orientation at the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management
For information about FIU’s undergraduate orientation sessions, please visit FIU’s Undergraduate Orientation website.
It is also recommend that undergraduate students attend the Hospitality Management (HM) Undergraduate Orientation before the start of the first semester. Students attending the HM orientation will receive major-specific information that will not be included in the university’s mandatory virtual session or their optional Advising & Registration Day. Students will meet administrators, support staff, and other new students in the major.
2017 Hospitality Management Orientation Dates
Summer 2017: May 5, 2017 at 1 p.m. in HM 249
Fall 2017: August 18, 2017 at 1 p.m. in HM 260
3. Meet with Your Academic Advisor
Do not wait to get advised. Log into my.fiu.edu to navigate to the “Student Dashboard” to view your advisor’s name and contact him or her by e-mail.
4. Register for Classes
Students may log into PantherSoft via my.fiu.edu to access their assigned appointment date and time for registration.
Students will be able to register for classes in the PantherSoft system after the appointment date and time. Please note that the majority of on-site courses at the Chaplin School are offered on the Biscayne Bay Campus (BBC).
Before You Register:
- Provide proof of immunizations
- International students: Provide proof of medical insurance
- Search the course offerings
- For a recommended sequence of hospitality courses, visit the mymajor.fiu.edu website.
5. Get Your Panther Stuff