Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Radisson Blu Hotel Opens in Lyon, France Fri, 30 Sep 2016 12:00:38 EST
The new Radisson Blu Hotel in Lyon will open 1st October 2016. The hotel, located on the upper floors of Lyons iconic Part-Dieu tower, known locally as 'Le Crayon', features breath-taking views of the citys historical quarter, the French Alps and Mont Blanc.
- Hard Rock International Announces Global Rights Reacquisition Fri, 30 Sep 2016 11:41:45 EST
Hard Rock International has completed the acquisition of casino and hotel-casino rights in the western U.S., as well as in several key international markets, from affiliates of BREF HR, LLC, which own the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas.
- IHG and NOVUM Hotel Group to Develop 20 Hotels Across Europe Fri, 30 Sep 2016 11:33:55 EST
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) and NOVUM Hotel Group, (NOVUM Group have today announced the signing of a Multiple Development Agreement (MDA) spanning 20 hotels across Europe in markets such as Germany, Austria and Netherlands.
- Red Lion Hotel and Convention Center Opens in Billings, MO Fri, 30 Sep 2016 11:31:07 EST
The property is located at 1223 Mullowney Lane, near Billings Logan International Airport and City Center. It features 26,000 sq. feet of meetings and convention space, an indoor pool with multiple water slides, a restaurant and lounge, fitness center and guest laundry.
- Baker & Mckenzie's View - Hotel Management Agreement Novation Deeds Fri, 30 Sep 2016 11:26:53 EST
In the world of hotel sales and purchases, the Novation Deed holds a particularly important role where a hotel is being sold subject to the rights and obligations of an independent hotel operator pursuant to an existing hotel management agreement. Rights can be assigned but obligations can only be novated - hence the need for a deed of novation as opposed to a deed of assignment.
- How Many Millions Could 'Prevailing Wage' Cost Your Hotel? - By Jim Butler Fri, 30 Sep 2016 11:18:42 EST
Prevailing Wage Law is Californias 'other' minimum wage. It requires workers to be paid union wages on publicly funded construction projects. But in recent years, the law in California has EXPANDED well beyond its initial purpose. It has become a tool for workers to demand union wages on virtually any construction project in California.
- Knowledge@Wharton - Leveraging Sustainability for Employee Engagement Fri, 30 Sep 2016 10:57:33 EST
In this opinion piece, CB Bhattacharya (@CBsuite), the Pietro Ferrero chair in sustainability and director of the Center for Sustainable Business at the European School of Management and Technology in Berlin, explains how leading companies are successfully boosting engagement through involvement in sustainability issues. That appears to give employees a sense of larger purpose. He also spells out what all companies could do to reap some of the available benefits.
- The Antlers, A Wyndham Hotel, Opens in Colorado Springs, Colo Fri, 30 Sep 2016 10:50:49 EST
The Antlers, A Wyndham Hotel, owned by hoteliers John Goede and Perry R. Sanders, Jr., is in the final phase of a comprehensive renovation transforming the hotels 273 guest rooms and suites, lobby, restaurants, and more than 27,000 square feet of extensive meeting and event space accommodating over 2,000 people.
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Oahu Kapolei First in Brand to Open in Hawaii Fri, 30 Sep 2016 10:45:17 EST
Located at 91-5431 Kapolei Parkway, the hotel is owned by DeBartolo Development, LLC, and managed by Aqua-Aston Hospitality.
- 15 Million Online Hotel Booking Scams Per Year. Senators Say 'No More' Fri, 30 Sep 2016 10:21:39 EST
AH&LA Applauds Bipartisan Senate Bill to Protect Consumers from Online Hotel Booking Scams
- Four Seasons Hotel Toronto Sold for C$225 Million Fri, 30 Sep 2016 09:56:20 EST
Shahid Khan, the founder of Flex-N-Gate Group and CEO of the Jacksonville Jaguars of the National Football League and the historic London-based Fulham Football Club, announces that he has today arranged through various family holdings the purchase of a 100 percent ownership of Four Seasons Hotel Toronto from an affiliate of Kingdom Holding Company (KHC).
- Hotel History: Casa Monica Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida Fri, 30 Sep 2016 09:52:56 EST
Excerpted from Stanley Turkel's book 'Built To Last: 100+Year-Old Hotels East of the Mississippi'
- Curio A Collection by Hilton Opens Historic Ames Boston Hotel Fri, 30 Sep 2016 09:20:44 EST
Constructed in 1893, the 114-room boutique hotel - which has undergone a multimillion dollar renovation - is situated near Bostons busy Financial District, the Hynes Convention Center in Back Bay, the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center in the innovative Seaport District
- Morgans Hotel Group Shareholders Vote to Approve Acquisition by Sbe Thu, 29 Sep 2016 17:30:56 EST
The proposed merger with sbe received the approval of approximately 71% of the outstanding shares of common stock of Morgans. Of the 25,170,480 votes cast, 24,715,378 shares, or 98%, voted in favor of the sbe merger.
- TravelClicks Demand360® Enhances IDeaS Advanced Revenue Management Solutions, a First-of-its-kind Integrated Solution Thu, 29 Sep 2016 16:39:21 EST
IDeaS advanced revenue management systems combine TravelClicks Demand 360® market intelligence product to further optimize hotels pricing and revenue strategies