Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Carlson Rezidor Announces 30 Radisson Blu and Park Inn by Radisson Agreement for Saudi Arabia Tue, 21 Oct 2014 09:38:53 EST
Carlson Rezidor and Al Hokair Group, a leading hospitality and entertainment group in Saudi Arabia, have signed a long-term country development agreement: Across the Kingdom, Carlson Rezidor will operate around 30 new and existing hotels, resorts and serviced apartments under the core brands Radisson Blu (upper upscale) and Park Inn by Radisson (midscale).
- Email Newsletters - The Content Marketing Strategy Your Hotel Needs Tue, 21 Oct 2014 09:34:34 EST
Hoteliers should not undervalue the impact of email marketing. Reach out and stay in touch with guests by launching a professional email newsletter campaign fully managed by the experts.
- Q3 2014 Rezidor Hotel Group Development Update Tue, 21 Oct 2014 09:25:07 EST
In Q3 2014, Rezidor signed five hotels with 1,300 rooms - bringing the companys signings from January to September 2014 to a total of 22 hotels with 4,500 rooms which is in line with last year. Further pursueing its asset-light and geographically diversified emerging markets strategy, Rezidor accelerated its growth in key focus countries and regions.
- Best Western Patong Beach Opens in Phuket Tue, 21 Oct 2014 08:07:36 EST
The hotel was officially opened in a ceremony presided over by Glenn de Souza, Best Western International's Vice President of International Operations for Asia & Middle East, and Maetapong Upatising, Managing Director of the BEST WESTERN Patong Beach.
- New-Build Radisson Hotel Schaumburg Announced for Chicago Suburb Tue, 21 Oct 2014 07:50:12 EST
Radisson announced the signing of the Radisson Hotel Schaumburg, which will be located at 1998 North Roselle Road. The brand new construction hotel will offer 137 guestrooms and will open in August of 2015.
- Gabriela Otto Named Managing Director for HSMAI Brasil Chapter Tue, 21 Oct 2014 07:47:18 EST
The hospitality industry is seeing enormous growth in Brazil, and HSMAI Brasil, headquartered in Sao Paulo, will provide members in the region with the latest globally recognized, industry-accredited certification, educational opportunities and hospitality research.
- Stuart Becker Named Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for Value Place Tue, 21 Oct 2014 07:43:14 EST
In this role, Becker will oversee the companys finance and accounting functions and will be responsible for the financial management, planning, and operations for each of the brands core departments, including property management, real estate and franchise development, construction, and franchise and legal services.
- The St. Regis, Rome Sold for for 110 Million Tue, 21 Oct 2014 07:40:35 EST
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT) yesterday announced that it has sold The St. Regis, Rome to subsidiaries of Constellation Hotels Holding Limited for 110 million (approximately $150.7 million USD). Starwood will continue to operate the hotel under the St. Regis brand flag as part of a new long-term management agreement.
- IHG Reports Global Q3 Comparable RevPAR Growth of 7.0% Tue, 21 Oct 2014 07:35:14 EST
Global Q3 comparable RevPAR growth of 7.0%; 6.3% in the first nine months 8k rooms opened in Q3; net system size up 2.7% year on year to 697k rooms
- Wotif Group Completes 2-way XML Integration with ERevMax Tue, 21 Oct 2014 07:17:07 EST
The new interface from eRevMax offers hotels seamless connectivity to Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)s leading travel web site, Wotif.com, as well as other online travel sites in Wotif Groups portfolio of brands
- Hotel Career Opportunities on Display at Rep. Murphys Tour of DoubleTree Palm Beach Gardens Tue, 21 Oct 2014 07:11:48 EST
The behind-the-scenes property tour provided Rep. Murphy an opportunity to discuss issues of job growth and career building in the hotel industry with staff and their employers, and to hear from them about issues they care about.
- Wyndham Grand Jupiter at Harbourside Place Opens in Florida Tue, 21 Oct 2014 07:06:13 EST
This newly constructed, full-service hotel is situated in Harbourside Place, a new commerce and entertainment development near Jupiters beaches, major businesses and 17 miles from Palm Beach International Airport.
- Time to Relook (Maybe Even Rethink) Those Hospitality Protocols - By John Hendrie Tue, 21 Oct 2014 07:00:38 EST
The term protocol has been in the news as of late, with the world stage application, namely in times of war and disease. Lets loop this back to our Hospitality businesses, with a perspective we should understand. Every Brand has sets of protocols and standards.
- North American Money is Leading U.K. Hotel Investment Charge Mon, 20 Oct 2014 11:51:30 EST
JLLs latest quarterly figures on London and regional UK hotel investment trends, shows that there has been a 278 per cent increase in investment into the sector compared to Q3 2013 last year and that North American money is leading the investment charge.
- Paris Marriott Hotel Champ-Elysées Sold for 344.5 Million Mon, 20 Oct 2014 11:47:35 EST
A Chinese investor has closed on the purchased of the Paris Marriott Hotel Champs-Elysées for 344.5 million. JLLs Hotels & Hospitality Group acted as the transaction advisor for the seller.