Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- POS Partners Inc Is Pleased to Welcome Tony Campisi Fri, 28 Apr 2017 17:06:33 EST
POS Partners, Inc. is pleased to announce our newest Business Development Manager, Tony Campisi.
- AVANI Avenida Liberdade Lisbon Hotel Opens Thu, 27 Apr 2017 12:06:43 EST
The hotel, formerly Tivoli Jardim Hotel, has undergone an extensive 1.5 million Euro refurbishment. The upgrade includes the redesign of the façade, the guest rooms, lobby, reception, the installation of an AVANIFIT gym and the relaunch of well-known Olivier Restaurant.
- EZee Hospitality Solutions Get GST Ready For India Thu, 27 Apr 2017 12:02:49 EST
As the Indian government rolls out the held up GST bill, the hospitality industry buckles up for new regulations and tax reforms, making way towards a better economy.
- Omni Hotels & Resorts Acquires Remianing Interest in Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center Thu, 27 Apr 2017 11:08:50 EST
Omni Hotels & Resorts announced today that it has acquired Time Warner Inc.s 50 percent interest in the Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, and now has full ownership and management of the property. Omni Hotels & Resorts partnered with Turner Broadcasting in 2000 to acquire the hotels south tower and build the 600-room north tower, which opened in 2003.
- JLL Real Views - Why Good Food Is Increasingly on the Menu at Hotels - By Natasha Stokes Thu, 27 Apr 2017 11:03:43 EST
Hotel restaurants are shedding their stuffy image, thanks to forward-thinking hoteliers who hope to attract food-savvy travelers with buzzy destination restaurants and casual lobby bars.
- Holiday Inn Express Brisbane Central Hotel Opens in Australia Thu, 27 Apr 2017 10:53:20 EST
The hotel is located close to the city's business centre and transportation network, and is in walking distance of fantastic dining, shopping and entertainment options. Its home in Spring Hill is one of the oldest residential neighbourhoods of Brisbane and contains several heritage-listed sites, including the Old Windmill and the Spring Hill Baths.
- Hyatt Regency Seattle to Become the Largest Hotel in the Pacific Northwest Thu, 27 Apr 2017 10:45:28 EST
LMN Architects announced the topping out of the building podium for the new Hyatt Regency in downtown Seattle.
- Carnival Corporation Unveils Artistic Renderings for Second Cruise Terminal at Port of Barcelona Thu, 27 Apr 2017 10:39:00 EST
Company is investing over 30 million euros to construct and operate its second cruise terminal at Europe's largest cruise port
- Putting the Ace in Facebook: Every Ad Format, Explained - By Ashley Proceviat Thu, 27 Apr 2017 10:34:14 EST
So, you know you want to advertise on Facebook, but youre not sure where to begin. There are multiple ad formats, each designed to captivate, engage, and inspire in different ways. It can be difficult to figure out where to start. But fear not! Here, we explain each of Facebooks ad formats, their benefits, and how to use them to achieve your marketing goals.
- MGM Resorts International Reports First Quarter Financial And Operating Results Thu, 27 Apr 2017 10:17:52 EST
Increased diluted earnings per share in the first quarter of 2017 by 200% to $0.36 from $0.12 in the prior year quarter - Declared quarterly dividend of $0.11 per share
- Dusit to Manage the First Hotel in Thailand's Largest Outdoor Shopping Destination Thu, 27 Apr 2017 10:13:24 EST
Dusit International has signed a hotel management agreement with Dhanasansombut Development Co., Ltd. to operate the first ever hotel in the heart of Bangkok's world-famous Chatuchak Market.
- US Hotel Occupancy Down 0.5 Percent to 68.0 Percent - Week Ending April 22nd - 2017 Thu, 27 Apr 2017 10:07:21 EST
Average daily rate up 1.3 Percent to US$124.48
- Canadian Hotel Occupancy Drops 0.6 Percent to 61.2 Percent For Week Ending 22 April 2017 Thu, 27 Apr 2017 10:01:23 EST
Revenue per available room up 0.7 Percent to CAD$85.28
- Waldorf Astoria's Condo Conversion Will Move Forward with Landmarks Approval - Curbed Thu, 27 Apr 2017 09:51:16 EST
The Waldorf Astoria Hotels conversion into several hundred condos and fewer hotel rooms will officially move forward now that the citys Landmarks Preservation Commission has given the project its stamp of approval.
- Did This Hotel Boss Go Too Far in Response to Angry TripAdvisor Review? - Metro Thu, 27 Apr 2017 09:48:14 EST
If you have a bad stay in a hotel, do you have the right to leave a bad review? Apparently not, according to one hotel manager who issued a rude and patronising reply to a disgruntled one-star TripAdvisor reviewer.