Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Hotel Occupancy in the Middle East And Africa Region Down 0.7% to 66.9% for March 2014 Wed, 23 Apr 2014 19:24:31 EST
The region reported a 0.7-percent decrease in occupancy to 66.9 percent, a 2.1-percent increase in average daily rate to US$178.18 and a 1.4-percent increase in revenue per available room to US$119.19.
- LaSalle Hotel Properties Reports Adjusted EBITDA Growth of 12.8% for First Quarter 2014 Wed, 23 Apr 2014 19:21:10 EST
The Companys adjusted EBITDA was $44.9 million, an increase of 12.8 percent over the first quarter of 2013.
- Hotel Occupancy in the European Region Up 2.23% to 64.9% for March 2014 Wed, 23 Apr 2014 19:18:47 EST
Athens, Greece, reported the largest occupancy increase, rising 27.0 percent to 58.8 percent.
- Young Travel Leaders Conference Announces New Steering Committee for 2014 Wed, 23 Apr 2014 19:01:42 EST
The event, to be held Dec. 8 at The Palazzo® Las Vegas in conjunction with Luxury Travel Exchange International (LTX), provides a forum for under-40 travel professionals to showcase industry talent and foster peer-to-peer networking, career development and information-sharing.
- Jon Crisp Named General Manager for Embassy Suites Hotel Downtown Tuscaloosa Wed, 23 Apr 2014 14:41:33 EST
Embassy Suites Hotel Downtown Tuscaloosa has chosen Jon Crisp as General Manager for the under-construction hotel located at 2410 University Blvd. in Tuscaloosa.
- HITEC 2014 Exhibit Space Sold Out Wed, 23 Apr 2014 14:37:54 EST
A waiting list is available on a first-come, first-served basis for booth space. HITEC 2014 is June 23-26 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, Calif. USA.
- Samuel Ward Named General Manager for Holiday Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase Wed, 23 Apr 2014 13:33:44 EST
Wilson Hotel Management, LLC, announced that Samuel Ward has been named General Manager of the Holiday Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase Galleria located at 2751 New Brunswick Road next to Wolfchase Galleria Mall in Memphis, TN.
- Hotel Occupancy in the Asia Pacific Region Down 0.7% to 69.2% for March 2014 Wed, 23 Apr 2014 13:30:10 EST
The regions occupancy for March fell 0.7 percent to 69.2 percent; its average daily rate dropped 3.3 percent to US$120.63; and its revenue per available room decreased 3.9 percent to US$83.44.
- Hotel Occupancy in the Americas Region Up 2.8% to 65.2% for March 2014 Wed, 23 Apr 2014 13:25:07 EST
Compared to March 2013, the Americas region reported a 2.8-percent increase in occupancy to 65.2 percent, a 3.4-percent increase in average daily rate to US$117.93 and a 6.3-percent increase in revenue per available room to US$76.89.
- Courtyard Kansas City at Briarcliff in Missouri Earns LEED Green Building Program Status Wed, 23 Apr 2014 13:19:44 EST
The only LEED Certified Marriott property in Missouri, the Courtyard Kansas City at Briarcliff was constructed on top of a mine, land previously undevelopable, and 10 percent of building materials used contain recycled content.
- Four Seasons Unveils Industry's First Fully Branded Private Jet Wed, 23 Apr 2014 12:06:11 EST
Beginning in February 2015, the Four Seasons Jet will transport 52 guests on bespoke journeys, offering discerning travellers a distinctly Four Seasons travel experience from the moment they book their trip. Four Seasons in-flight staff, including a dedicated on-board concierge, will coordinate with localFour Seasons concierges in each destination to ensure that the Four Seasons Private Jet Experience is nothing short of extraordinary.
- Aloft Calgary University Opens Wed, 23 Apr 2014 11:50:39 EST
Owned by University Hotels Ltd., the hotel underwent a multi-million dollar transformation prior to conversion.
- Barteo - 365nights.com Completes XML Integration with ERevMax Wed, 23 Apr 2014 10:31:22 EST
Connects with eRevMax Channel Ecosystem for greater access to hotel inventories
- SearchPRO Helps Hoteliers Rise to the Top of Search Engines Wed, 23 Apr 2014 10:21:04 EST
Launched by O'Rourke Hospitality, a leader in hospitality marketing, SearchPRO is aimed at helping hoteliers increase the number of direct bookings by making sure their websites are optimized to be found by potential guests.
- Marco Roca Named EVP of Hotel Development for Hard Rock International Worldwide Tue, 22 Apr 2014 13:06:29 EST
Roca will be instrumental in engineering the brand's growth, leading the exploration of new management and acquisition opportunities, as well as establishing and developing the brand's expanding hotel portfolio.