Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Majority of Employers Underestimate the Business Impact of the Candidate Experience Mon, 25 May 2015 10:42:47 EST
Nationwide Study from CareerBuilder Reveals Six Facts Every Employer Should Know About the Candidate Experience
- LaPlaya Beach Resort and LaPlaya Beach Club in Naples, FL Sold for $185.5 Million Mon, 25 May 2015 10:27:20 EST
Pebblebrook Hotel Trust (NYSE:PEB) last week announced that it has acquired LaPlaya Beach Resort, a 189-room, waterfront, luxury resort and LaPlaya Beach Club, a private members club located at the resort, for a combined purchase price of $185.5 million.
- Belmond Sells Stake in Hotel Ritz by Belmond in Madrid Mon, 25 May 2015 09:45:44 EST
Belmond Ltd. (NYSE:BEL) announced the sale of its 50% interest in the 167-room Hotel Ritz by Belmond in Madrid, Spain, to a joint venture between Mandarin Oriental International Limited and The Olayan Group. At the same time, the Company ended its agreement to manage the hotel.
- Average Daily Rate Growth for U.S. Hotels Expected to Accelerate in 2016 Thu, 21 May 2015 17:04:30 EST
An updated lodging forecast released today by PwC US expects another year of solid revenue per available room (RevPAR) growth in 2015, with a stronger-than-previously-expected increase in occupancy levels, offset by softer than anticipated growth in room rates
- Fifty-Three Percent of Employers Offering Summer Jobs Have Openings That Pay Twice the Federal Minimum Wage, According to Annual CareerBuilder Job Forecast Thu, 21 May 2015 16:26:27 EST
36 percent of employers are hiring seasonal workers up from 21 percent from 2008-2011 - 77 percent of employers will consider making their summer jobs permanent
- ALIS Summer Update to Focus on Industry Segments & Advocacy Issues Facing the Hospitality Industry Thu, 21 May 2015 15:37:55 EST
The annual Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS) Summer Update taking place July 21-23 will hold three networking receptions in Washington, D.C., Chicago, and Los Angeles. Each reception will focus on timely topics within the industry.
- Video - 2015 Trends in the U.S. Hotel Industry Thu, 21 May 2015 15:27:31 EST
Robert Mandelbaum, Director of Research Information Services, discusses the results of PKF Hospitality Research, a CBRE Companys Trends® in the Hotel Industry annual report.
- Accor Announces Sale & Franchise-Back of Seven Hotels in the United Kingdom and Ireland for 38 Million Thu, 21 May 2015 15:23:11 EST
The transactions were carried out with two partners: Starboard Hotels Ltd. for a portfolio of five ibis hotels (Birmingham Bordesley Circus, Leicester City, London Gatwick Airport, Plymouth and Sheffield City) and a joint venture between Cannock Investments Ltd and Hetherley Capital Partners for the ibis Coventry Centre and the ibis Dublin West in Ireland.
- HVS Market Report - Trends and Opportunities South America 2014 - 2015 (PDF Download) Thu, 21 May 2015 15:17:07 EST
This article analyzes hospitality markets in six major South American cities Buenos Aires, Santiago, Bogota, Lima, Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo discussing key performance indicators in 2014 vis-à-vis past years and future outlook for 2015.
- Travel Industry Exchange Now Open for Registration with Special Early Bird Pricing Thu, 21 May 2015 15:09:11 EST
Questex Travel Group today announced early bird pricing of $75 for travel professionals who register by June 30 for its Travel Industry Exchange event, which will debut Sept. 15-17 in Orlando, Florida, at Disneys Coronado Springs Resort.
- New Conrad Chicago Announced for Spring 2016 Thu, 21 May 2015 13:46:17 EST
Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Geller Investment Co., LLC, and Wanxiang America Real Estate Group today announced plans to open a new Conrad Chicago, expected to begin hosting global travelers in spring 2016.
- Beyond the Automat - By John Hendrie Thu, 21 May 2015 13:38:27 EST
As a youth, my mouth watered and eyes grew bigger whenever I had that chance to dine in an Automat, joyous with a handful of quarters. This was distinct a dining experience, beyond the typical restaurant or catered event. As authors Lorraine Diehl and Marianne Hardart chronical in the their book, The Automat, the operation was 'A coin-operated glass-and-chrome wonder'.
- Hotel Bulletin Q1 2015 - By AlixPartners, AM:PM and HVS (PDF Download) Thu, 21 May 2015 13:32:17 EST
The Hotel Bulletin analyses demand, supply pipeline and transactions in the hotel market in 12 cities across the UK. This edition includes a city focus on Aberdeen.
- US Hotel Occupancy Increases 0.5% to 70.3% Week Ending May 16th - 2015 Thu, 21 May 2015 13:27:38 EST
Average daily rate increases 5.2% to US$122.10
- Canadian Hotel Occupancy Drops 1.2% to 66.7% For Week Ending 16 May 2015 Thu, 21 May 2015 13:24:05 EST
Revenue per available room up 4.5% to CAD$95.69