Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- HVS Market Report Turin, Italy (PDF Download) Thu, 23 Oct 2014 11:46:32 EST
This market snapshot presents current data and information on the hotel and tourism industry in Turin, Italy. In writing such articles we utilise the expertise of HVS for each market to the full extent combining our in-house data and research together with published information regarding each of the examined destinations.
- La Quinta Holdings Inc. Third Quarter 2014 Revenues Up 10.0% Thu, 23 Oct 2014 11:11:51 EST
System-wide comparable RevPAR increased 8.9 percent, ADR increased 4.6 percent and occupancy increased 282 basis points
- Hoteles City Announces Third Quarter 2014 RevPAR Up 11.7% Thu, 23 Oct 2014 11:06:38 EST
Reports Revenue and Adjusted EBITDA of 11.7%, 28.0% and 38.2%, Respectively Reaching an Adjusted EBITDA Margin of 35.5%
- Knowledge@Wharton - The Value of Schmoozing in the Age of Social Media Thu, 23 Oct 2014 10:56:55 EST
Recent Wharton research finds that the use of enterprise social media may improve firms bottom lines, but it also - surprisingly - may help workers avoid being laid off.
- Hotel Occupancy in the European Region Up 3.95% to 79.4% for September 2014 Thu, 23 Oct 2014 10:50:07 EST
Athens, Greece, reported the largest occupancy increase, rising 17.8 percent to 88.6 percent, followed by Madrid, Spain (+13.1 percent to 79.1 percent), and Lisbon, Portugal (+11.3 percent to 91.5 percent).
- Hotel Okura Manila Announced for 2018 Thu, 23 Oct 2014 10:46:24 EST
Hotel Okura Co., Ltd. announced it will open Hotel Okura Manila (tentative name) in 2018, a new luxury resort in the Philippines. Okura has an agreement to manage the hotel with Resort World Bayshore City, Inc., a subsidiary of Philippines-based Travellers International Hotel Group Inc.
- Hotel Occupancy in the Middle East And Africa Region Up 13.1% to 65.5% for September 2014 Thu, 23 Oct 2014 10:45:16 EST
In September, in year-over-year comparisons, the region reported a 13.1-percent increase in occupancy to 65.5 percent, a 1.3-percent increase in average daily rate to US$145.12 and a 14.5-percent increase in revenue per available room to US$94.99.
- Hotel Occupancy in the Asia Pacific Region Up 0.9% to 69.2% for September 2014 Thu, 23 Oct 2014 10:40:59 EST
In September 2014, the regions occupancy rose 0.9 percent to 69.2 percent; its average daily rate fell 2.2 percent to US$112.31; and its revenue per available room was down 1.3 percent to US$77.67.
- Daniel Ruff Named to Lead EMEA and Indian Ocean Regions for Wyndham Hotel Group Thu, 23 Oct 2014 10:34:38 EST
Wyndham Hotel Group announced the appointment of Daniel Ruff as president and managing director of the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and Indian Ocean regions.
- Top 5 Reasons to Attend The 2014 HVS Caribbean Hotel Investment Conference and Operations Summit (CHICOS) in Punta Cana This November Thu, 23 Oct 2014 10:20:39 EST
Mr. Parris E. Jordan, Chairman of the Caribbean Hotel Investment Conference and Operations Summit (CHICOS) is proud to share the top five reasons to attend this fourth edition of the Conference
- Over $87 Million in New Hotel Investment Announced for Quito, Ecuador Thu, 23 Oct 2014 09:44:48 EST
A deal to develop and franchise eight hotels in the country under Wyndham Hotel Group brands over 10 years.
- US Hotel Occupancy Up 5.0% to 70.4% Week Ending October 18th - 2014 Thu, 23 Oct 2014 09:28:56 EST
Average daily rate up 6.0% to US$119.65
- Canadian Hotel Occupancy Up 3.0% to 66.2% For Week Ending 18 October 2014 Thu, 23 Oct 2014 09:25:47 EST
Revenue per available room increases 6.5% to CAD$88.61
- LaSalle Hotel Properties Q3 RevPAR Improved 11.5%; ADR Increased 10.2% Thu, 23 Oct 2014 08:47:59 EST
LaSalle Hotel Properties Reports Third Quarter 2014 Results
- American Liberty Hospitality Installs Aptech Targetvue Budgeting and Forecasting for 22 Properties Thu, 23 Oct 2014 08:46:34 EST
Targetvue to Create Easy-to-Use Budgets and Forecasts; Bases Evolving EOY Projections on Newest Data for Multi-Flag Operator