Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- HTNG Announces Series Specifications to Improve Guest Satisfaction and Front-office Efficiency Thu, 23 May 2013 14:50:40 EST
New guestroom technology and point-of-sale interfaces available, as well as expanded customer profile and distribution specs
- Memorial Day Auto Travel Increases Slightly and Air Travel Declines by Eight Percent Thu, 23 May 2013 10:33:21 EST
AAA Travel projects 34.8 million Americans will journey 50 miles or more from home during the Memorial Day holiday weekend, a 0.9 percent decrease from the 35.1 million people who traveled last year.
- Wyndham Worldwide Receives 2013 Innovation Award from Kids In Need of Defense (KIND) Thu, 23 May 2013 10:16:52 EST
Global hospitality company recognized for pro bono work with unaccompanied refugee and immigrant children in the United States
- Pegasus Solutions Reports That Global Corporate Bookings Set New Growth Record in April Thu, 23 May 2013 10:01:22 EST
+8.8% Increase Over April 2012 is Highest Year-over-year Increase Since August 2011
- Candlewood Suites Atlanta West I-20 Opens with Brand's New Design Thu, 23 May 2013 09:26:03 EST
Located at 913 Bob Arnold Drive in Lithia Springs, the hotel's 'Nest' design scheme is unique amongst Atlanta hotels and was created in conjunction with the Savannah College of Art and Design.
- Richard (Dick) Friedman Named To Four Seasons Board Thu, 23 May 2013 08:12:20 EST
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts announces the appointment of prominent real estate developer Richard (Dick) Friedman - representing long-term shareholder Cascade Investment - to the company's Board of Directors effective May 8, 2013.
- Hilton Worldwide Wins Strategic Account Management Program of the Year Award Thu, 23 May 2013 08:08:09 EST
Hilton Worldwide is being recognized for building strategic impact through superior relationship management, most specifically in the areas of processes, talent selection and development, leadership, sustainable program evolution, and documented performance results.
- Cory Chambers Named VP Revenue Generation Full-Service for White Lodging Thu, 23 May 2013 08:05:59 EST
This new role will oversee sales, revenue management, eCommerce and communications channels.
- Wyndham Worldwide Announces New Credit Facility Thu, 23 May 2013 08:04:14 EST
Wyndham Worldwide Corporation (NYSE: WYN) announced yesterday the closing of a new $1.5 billion revolving credit facility to replace its existing $1 billion facility, which had been scheduled to mature in July 2016.
- Bob Van Den Oord Named Managing Director for The Langham, Hong Kong Thu, 23 May 2013 08:01:44 EST
In addition to this capacity, Mr. van den Oord continues his role as Vice President of Brands for Langham Hospitality Group.
- Hospitality Net Expands Mobile Presence with Launch of Photo App for App Store Thu, 23 May 2013 07:46:03 EST
In conjunction with a recent website overhaul, Hospitality Net today announced the launch of HN PHOTOS the first photo sharing app in the hospitality B2B space. The iPhone app enables hotel industry professionals to publish and share newsworthy photos on Hospitality Net.
- Is Google Poaching Clicks From Travel Advertisers? Spend Trends Down Even As Advertisers Increase (Study) - Search Engine Land Thu, 23 May 2013 07:31:42 EST
On the cusp of the summer travel season, AdGooroo has taken a look at the state of paid search in the travel sector in the U.S. The company has found that, on the whole, paid search expenditures have been trending down since 2011. Spend fell 19% from January through April of this year compared to last year. That follows an 11% drop during the same period from 2012 to 2011. The downward trends hold through the summer months.
- What the Hotel Industry Can Learn From 'Heads in Beds' by Jacob Tomsky - By Vikram Singh Wed, 22 May 2013 12:00:31 EST
I recently finished reading Heads in Beds by Jacob Tomsky. To be clear: I am not writing a standard book review. A book is going to have a different impact on every reader. Id rather tell you what what the book meant to me, and to the hotel industry.
- VFM Leonardo Names Elana Palmer Vice President, Global Sales Wed, 22 May 2013 11:47:21 EST
Experienced Sales Executive Assumes Leadership of Global Sales Efforts
- Business Coalition Calls for Swift Senate Confirmation of Penny Pritzker Wed, 22 May 2013 11:43:13 EST
Nominees experience crucial to continuing job creation and economic growth