Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- What Makes You Different and Possibly Exceptional - By John Hendrie Tue, 22 Jul 2014 18:39:54 EST
Most of us will breeze through those 'Best of..' lists, marveling at the choices, categories and finalists. However, we will pay attention when Travel & Leisure, the AMEX publication, compiles their lists and winners. We do learn from this resource.
- The London West Hollywood Launches First Phase Of $23 Million Renovation Tue, 22 Jul 2014 10:59:50 EST
The redesign will feature new ninth floor suites by the original designer of the property, David Collins Studio - sixteen Royal Vista suites as well as five specialty Gate Suites that pay homage to London's Hyde Park. These twenty-one suites, in addition to a new 2,600 square foot state-of-the-art fitness center (designed by Gonzalez Architects with interiors by Richmond Design), adjacent to the first floor lobby, are set to debut this September 2014.
- Four Seasons Resort Dubai at Jumeirah Beach Accepting Reservations for Arrivals Beginning December 1, 2014 Tue, 22 Jul 2014 10:54:42 EST
Four Seasons Resort Dubai at Jumeirah Beach is scheduled to open on November 1, 2014, and is now confirming arrivals from December 1. Guests who book before September 30 can take advantage of special rates with the Introductory Offer or the Introductory Bed and Breakfast Rate for stays between December 1 and February 28, 2015.
- Meliá Cartagena in Cartagena De Indias Announced for First Quarter 2017 Tue, 22 Jul 2014 10:34:31 EST
Meliá Hotels International continues its international growth in Colombia, one of the most dynamic markets in Latin America, with the announcement of the opening of the new Meliá Cartagena in Cartagena de Indias, scheduled for first quarter 2017.
- Moon Palace Jamaica Grande Announced for Early 2015 Tue, 22 Jul 2014 10:30:45 EST
Palace Resorts announced its newest property, Moon Palace Jamaica Grande, the first Palace Resorts property located outside of Mexico.
- Virgin Limited Edition Celebrates the Opening of Mont Rochelle Hotel & Vineyard with a Free Night Offer Tue, 22 Jul 2014 10:10:39 EST
Virgin Limited Edition, Sir Richard Branson's luxury collection of award-winning retreats is offering a special complimentary night stay to celebrate the opening of the beautiful Mont Rochelle Hotel and Mountain Vineyard in Franschhoek, South Africa from 1st of September 2014.
- Extended Stay America Announces Resignation of Chief Financial Officer Tue, 22 Jul 2014 10:04:01 EST
Extended Stay America, Inc. (NYSE:STAY) announced that Peter Crage, Chief Financial Officer since 2011, has notified the Company of his intentions to leave for personal reasons as of July 31, 2014. Mr. Crage will complete the preparation and filing of the Companys Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 and will serve in an advisory capacity until the end of the year to assist in the transition.
- Hard Rock Hotel Los Cabos Anonced for 2016 Tue, 22 Jul 2014 09:54:15 EST
The 600-room property marks the brands fourth Mexican destination and aligns with the companys aggressive international growth strategy.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Pleasanton at the Club Opens in San Francisco Tue, 22 Jul 2014 09:45:28 EST
The 292-room hotel, formerly a Hilton Hotels & Resorts-branded property, is located in the Tri-Valley area within the East Bay region of greater San Francisco, at the crossroads of highways 580 and 680, and offers easy access to all of Northern California's best attractions, as well as the cities of Oakland and San Francisco.
- Industry Veterans Ed Watkins, Jerry Daly and Randy Smith to Be Honored at 20th Annual Lodging Conference in Phoenix, Arizona Tue, 22 Jul 2014 09:40:32 EST
Officials of the Lodging Conference announced that it will present Randy Smith, chairman and co-founder of STR, with its annual 'Above and Beyond Award,' a distinction given to a hotel industry executive who has made a valuable contribution to his or her community and/or to society at large.
- Westin Expands It's Westin Well-Being Movement Tue, 22 Jul 2014 09:34:47 EST
Today, Westin Hotels & Resorts unveiled the next stage of its year-long Westin Well-Being Movement with the announcement of two new nutrition-focused partnerships with SuperChefs and The Juicery and the newest member of the brands Well-Being Council, dietician Ashley Koff RD.
- Chuck Floyd Named Global President of Operations for Hyatt Tue, 22 Jul 2014 09:30:56 EST
Mark Hoplamazian, President and Chief Executive Officer of Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H), today announced organizational changes designed to support Hyatts strategy of driving preference by providing distinctive brand experiences. The changes include the integration of the global operations structure, the formation of an integrated team to lead the Companys select service business and the creation of a new global franchising strategy function.
- US Hotel Occupancy Rises 2.9% to 71.7% June 2014 Tue, 22 Jul 2014 09:21:06 EST
Overall, the U.S. hotel industry's occupancy was up 2.9 percent to 71.7 percent; its average daily rate rose 4.3 percent to US$116.20; and its revenue per available room increased 7.2 percent to US$83.27.
- Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group Signs Five New Projects in Saudi Arabia Mon, 21 Jul 2014 11:17:34 EST
Carlson Rezidor announced the signing of five new projects in Saudi Arabia and increases its presence in the Kingdom to 22 hotels and almost 4,000 rooms in operation and under development.
- Omar Amanat Wins Lawsuit Victory Against Doronin For Control of Amanresorts Mon, 21 Jul 2014 11:15:10 EST
In a legal victory for entrepreneur Omar Amanat, Adrian Zecha, 81, renowned hotelier and founder of Amanresorts, has been reinstated by order of the High Court in London as CEO of Amanresorts.