Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- International Tourism on Track to End 2014 with Record Numbers Thu, 18 Dec 2014 11:45:02 EST
International tourism is set to hit a new record by the end of 2014 with over 1.1 billion international tourists travelling the world in one single year. During the first ten months of 2014, the number of international tourists grew by 5% according to the latest UNWTO World Tourism Barometer, rising above expectations.
- Scandic Hotels Acquires Three Hotels from Bergen Hotel Gruppen AS Thu, 18 Dec 2014 11:38:23 EST
Scandic Hotels continues to expand in the Norwegian hotel market by acquiring hotel operations in Bergen from owner Bergen Hotel Gruppen AS. Scandic will take over three hotels: Scandic Neptun, Scandic Bergen City and Scandic Strand with a total of 630 hotel rooms and some 40 conference rooms.
- Its Not All About Food - Top Meeting & Events Trends for 2015 Thu, 18 Dec 2014 11:33:12 EST
Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek announced its second annual list of top five trends for successful meetings and events in 2015.
- Four Points Bogota and Four Points Barranquilla Open in Colombia Thu, 18 Dec 2014 11:25:39 EST
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT) continues its growth momentum in Latin America and strengthens its presence in Colombia with the openings of Four Points Bogota and Four Points Barranquilla. Both hotels are operated by GHL Hotels under franchise agreements.
- Le Méridien Charlotte Opens Thu, 18 Dec 2014 11:21:09 EST
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT) today announced the opening of Le Méridien Charlotte, following a multimillion dollar transformation.
- Wyndham Hotel Group Signs Deal for Seven Properties in Peru Thu, 18 Dec 2014 11:10:58 EST
Partner Costa del Sol to Open 1,000 Rooms Under the Wyndham Hotels and Resorts® Brand
- Andrew ('Drew') C. Coles Named President and Chief Executive Officer for InnVest Real Estate Investment Trust Thu, 18 Dec 2014 11:04:20 EST
InnVest Real Estate Investment Trust (TSX:INN.UN) announced the Board of Trustee's appointment of Andrew ('Drew') C. Coles as President and Chief Executive Officer of InnVest, effective late-January, 2015.
- North American Foreign Travel Increases Again Thu, 18 Dec 2014 10:55:19 EST
The economic situation in the United States and Canada is improving and with it has come a renewed increase in foreign trips in 2014. At the same time the weaker-performing economies of Brazil and Argentina have led to slower growth in tourism in South America. These are the findings of the ITB World Travel Trends Report, conducted by IPK International and commissioned by ITB Berlin, the worlds leading travel trade show.
- Le Meridien New Orleans Opens Thu, 18 Dec 2014 10:39:24 EST
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT) today unveiled Le Méridien New Orleans, following a comprehensive $29 million transformation. The newly renovated hotel features 410 fully redesigned guestrooms, including 22 suites; three new food and beverage outlets, including a new destination restaurant; and the addition of 1,600 square feet of flexible meeting and event space.
- HVS Market Report - Serbia - By Nikolas Pavlidis (PDF Download) Thu, 18 Dec 2014 10:34:59 EST
This article summarizes the recent tourism trends in Serbia.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Girona Opens in Spain Thu, 18 Dec 2014 10:32:39 EST
URH Hotel Girona has undergone a refresh and is now operating as the DoubleTree by Hilton Girona under a franchise agreement with Hilton Worldwide. The hotel will continue to be owned and operated by URH & Co. Hoteliers under the new leadership of General Manager Pere Vila.
- Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife Announced for Mid-2016 Thu, 18 Dec 2014 10:28:16 EST
Hard Rock International announced plans for the beachfront Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife, set to open in mid-2016. The upcoming property is Hard Rock's second project in collaboration with leading operators, Palladium Hotel Group, who recently opened the Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, the brand's first European hotel.
- Red Roof Inn to Develop 35+ Hotels in Brazil Thu, 18 Dec 2014 10:25:02 EST
Red Roof Inn is expected to open its first international destination in Brazil. Partnering with Brazil-based Nobile Hoteis, Red Roof Franchising, LLC will be working with Nobile to develop 35-40 properties new builds and conversions - across the country over the next twenty five years.
- Aloft Detroit at The David Whitney Opens Thu, 18 Dec 2014 09:52:53 EST
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT) today announced the launch of its Aloft brand in Detroit, following the completion of an adaptive re-use project that has transformed the historic David Whitney building.
- US Hotel Occupancy Up 5.1% to 58.1% Week Ending December 13th - 2014 Thu, 18 Dec 2014 09:46:59 EST
Average daily rate up 4.2% to US$112.42