Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- AHLEI Honors Christine Saldanha As Outstanding Distance Learning Student Fri, 29 Jul 2016 08:23:48 EST
The Lamp of Knowledge is given to individuals who demonstrate extraordinary commitment to advancing the quality of professionalism and education in the hospitality industry. The Outstanding Distance Learning Student is selected from among those who completed AHLEIs 12-course Hospitality Management Diploma in the previous year.
- Infographic: 10 Ways to Win with Social Media Marketing Fri, 29 Jul 2016 08:20:23 EST
Consumers want to connect with brands through social media and communicate their experiences to other social followers. They frequently look to social media for information on hotels and restaurants. Thus, it is crucial to make sure they have a positive first impression.
- Chesapeake Lodging Trust Reports Second Quarter 2016 Results Fri, 29 Jul 2016 08:13:20 EST
RevPAR: 2.2% pro forma increase for the hotel portfolio over the same period in 2015. Adjusted Hotel EBITDA Margin: 50 basis point pro forma increase to 36.9% for the hotel portfolio over the same period in 2015.
- Hospitality Training Techniques In The Era Of Social Networking (A Podcast) - By Doug Kennedy Fri, 29 Jul 2016 08:10:20 EST
On this episode of Hospitality Academy, Doug shares how the need for training has evolved over the years, whether or not in-house training is effective in his experience and if online training can take over the traditional model (and if it should).
- Wynn Resorts, Limited Reports Second Quarter 2016 Results Fri, 29 Jul 2016 08:07:43 EST
Net revenues were $1.06 billion for the second quarter of 2016, compared to $1.04 billion in the same period of 2015. The increase was the result of a 3.6% increase from our Macau Operations, partially offset by a 1.1% decrease from our Las Vegas Operations.
- Hyatt Adds VPs for Global Brand Research & Insights and Creative & Field Marketing Fri, 29 Jul 2016 08:04:48 EST
Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) yesterday announced it has selected two seasoned executives to join the companys marketing leadership Jen Acerra as vice president, global brand research and insights, and Heather Geisler, vice president, creative and field marketing.
- Bill Blackham Talks About Demand, RevPAR, and Opportunities in the Select Service Hotel Sector - By Jim Butler Thu, 28 Jul 2016 12:28:17 EST
Bill Blackham, President and CEO of Condor Hospitality Trust, speaks to Bob Braun, senior member of JMBMs Global Hospitality Group® at JMBMs 2016 Meet the Money® - the national hotel finance and investment conference. They discuss Condors transition from economy chain scale into select service, extended stay and limited service hotels, RevPAR, and opportunities in the select service sector.
- Hyatt Regency Xian Hotel Opens in Northwest China Thu, 28 Jul 2016 12:21:47 EST
Hyatt Regency Xian opens in Xian, the capital of Shaanxi province in northwest China, and marks the return of the Hyatt Regency brand to one of Chinas oldest cities.
- US Hotel Occupancy Down 1.1 Percent to 78.2 Percent Week Ending July 23rd - 2016 Thu, 28 Jul 2016 12:13:24 EST
Average daily rate up 2.9 Percent to US$102.24
- Canadian Hotel Occupancy Up 0.2 Percent to 79.0 Percent For Week Ending 23 July 2016 Thu, 28 Jul 2016 12:08:37 EST
Revenue per available room up 6.5 Percent to CAD$128.55
- South Africa's Tourism Visitor Numbers Continue to Grow Thu, 28 Jul 2016 11:44:58 EST
According to PwCs 6th edition Hotels Outlook 2016 2020, revenue from hotel room accommodation in South Africa rose 8.1% in 2015 to R14.2 billion, reflecting an increase in stay unit nights and a 6.5% rise in the average room rate.
- How China is Shaping the Asia Pacific Hotel Industry Thu, 28 Jul 2016 11:29:47 EST
Mainland Chinese investors exported over $5 billion into the hotel real estate sector across the globe in 2015, and the country accounted for nearly half of all cross-border investment out of the Asia region. As Chinese investors brought a new perspective to deal selection, what are the trends that will shape the sector in Asia Pacific going forward?
- Marriott International Reports Second Quarter 2016 Results Thu, 28 Jul 2016 11:18:18 EST
North American comparable systemwide constant dollar RevPAR rose 3.2 percent in the second quarter. On a constant dollar basis, worldwide comparable systemwide RevPAR rose 2.9 percent in the second quarter;
- STRs SHARE Center Supports Hospitality Education in China Thu, 28 Jul 2016 11:06:58 EST
STRs SHARE Center continued its support of the Marriott China Hospitality Education Initiative (CHEI) with a workshop at the recent CHEI Teaching Conference in Shanghai.
- HVMG Acquires Two Winston-Salem Hotels Adjecent to Benton Convention Center Thu, 28 Jul 2016 11:00:48 EST
Hospitality Ventures Management Group (HVMG) today announced it has acquired two downtown Winston-Salem, North Carolina hotels, both adjacent to the Benton Convention Center which is currently under an $18 million renovation: the 315-room Marriott and the 146-room Embassy Suites.