Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Uber Goes Big Data - Shares Customers' Data with a Hotel Chain - Naked Security Thu, 26 Mar 2015 14:21:41 EST
Uber has joined the rank of Big Data sellers, up there with Facebook, Google and Visa. The product: data about customers' movements, where they shop, where they work, where they go and much more.
- American Hotel and Lodging Association Praises Maryland Senate for Encouraging Fair Competition in Hotel Booking - Thu, 26 Mar 2015 14:17:37 EST
Senate Passes SB 190 to ensure tax parity with online travel agencies
- New 251 Room Crowne Plaza Hotel In Midtown New York City Announced for 2017 Thu, 26 Mar 2015 14:14:14 EST
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) announce the signing of a 251-room Crowne Plaza hotel in the heart of New York City. The property is scheduled to open in 2017, and IHG will manage on behalf of the owner, LRR Holdings, LLC.
- Looking Under the Hood: The Catalysts of Hotel Credit Spreads Thu, 26 Mar 2015 13:48:35 EST
A new report from the Center for Hospitality Research (CHR) highlights the factors that drive the interest-rate spread between loans for hotels and office buildings.
- Wyndham to Deliver Personalized, Pre-Arrival Upgrade Offers to Guests Globally Thu, 26 Mar 2015 13:40:52 EST
ompany leverages new offering to help drive ancillary revenue opportunities for hotel owners
- Webinar: Key Mistakes Made in Brand Story-Telling, and How to Get It Right! Thu, 26 Mar 2015 13:26:39 EST
Join us at this complimentary webinar, Thursday April 2nd, 2pm EDT. Expert speakers from Marriott International, Travelocity and Gonzo Marketing - discuss the secrets to successful brand story-telling and how to gain competitive edge.
- CFOs and Sustainability: Shaping Their Roles in an Evolving Environment Thu, 26 Mar 2015 13:09:27 EST
New Deloitte whitepaper provides insights for CFOs and c-suite
- The Changing Face of U.S. Jobs Thu, 26 Mar 2015 13:00:42 EST
CareerBuilder Special Report Tracks the Changing Composition of Jobs by Gender, Race and Age from 2001-2014
- Park Inn by Radisson Bucharest Hotel & Residence to Open Q4 2015 Thu, 26 Mar 2015 10:20:54 EST
Carlson Rezidor announces the very first Park Inn by Radisson in Romania: the Park Inn by Radisson Bucharest Hotel & Residence featuring 210 keys is scheduled to open in Q4 2015. It will be part of Carlson Rezidor's first dual-branded property in the country - opening its doors right next to the existing Radisson Blu hotel.
- JW Marriott Venice Resort & Spa Opens Thu, 26 Mar 2015 10:13:45 EST
JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts announced today that its new hotel, JW Marriott Venice Resort & Spa has soft opened ahead of its grand opening celebration on 24 June 2015.
- AMResorts Announces Five New Resort Contracts During Q1 2015 Thu, 26 Mar 2015 10:08:52 EST
The new deals will expand the companys footprint in the Dominican Republic with Secrets Cap Cana Resort & Spa and Dreams Dominicus La Romana; Mexico with Breathless Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa; Costa Rica with Secrets Papagayo Costa Rica; and to Aruba for the first time with Zoëtry® Isla Di Oro Aruba.
- The Crest Hotel Tachikawa to Be Rebranded As Hotel Nikko Tachikawa Tokyo Thu, 26 Mar 2015 09:46:49 EST
On March 2, 2015, JAL Hotels and OWNCO concluded a Management Outsourcing Operations Agreement. A comprehensive renewal project will start on April 1, 2015, for the major facilities of The Crest Hotel Tachikawa, including guest rooms and restaurants. It is expected that the renewal process will take approx. 6 months to complete.
- Ayres Hotels Selects Groupize Next Generation Group Management Technology to Transform Sales Staff Productivity Thu, 26 Mar 2015 09:42:38 EST
Award winning luxury hotel brand selects Groupize Platform for lead management, sales automation, pipeline visibility and increased conversions
- Canadian Hotel Occupancy Up 0.4% to 61.6% For Week Ending 21 March 2015 Thu, 26 Mar 2015 09:38:40 EST
Revenue per available room increases slightly 0.2% to CAD$79.74
- US Hotel Occupancy Up 3.2% to 69.3% Week Ending March 21st - 2015 Thu, 26 Mar 2015 09:36:16 EST
Average daily rate increased 6.6% to US$122.46