Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- EyeforTravel Infographic and Survey Report: Marketing and Mobile Strategies to Engage the Connected Traveller Tue, 24 Jan 2017 12:40:49 EST
Find out why 74% of the respondents picked mobile investment as a big winner for the travel industry
- Hotel Lenders Express Cautious Outlook for Lending Environment In 2017 Tue, 24 Jan 2017 11:59:24 EST
None of the lenders surveyed for the Hotel Investors Gauge believe hotel values will increase significantly in the next 12 months
- UK CEOs Rate Cyber Risks As Second Most Significant Business Threat Tue, 24 Jan 2017 11:45:56 EST
As world leaders gathered in Davos last week, cyber security again featured high on the agenda. PwCs CEO Survey reveals that three-quarters (76%) of UK CEOs consider cyber risks to be a significant business threat. This is second only to the availability of key skills, and ahead of changing consumer behaviour, the speed of technological change and new market entrants.
- 132 Room Cambria Hotels & Suites to Open 2019 in Sonoma County Tue, 24 Jan 2017 11:20:44 EST
Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH) announced it has signed an agreement with franchise partner Stratus Development Partners, LLC, to develop a new Cambria hotel & suites in Sonoma County, Calif. The four-story, 132-room Cambria property will be located at 5870 Labath Avenue in Rohnert Park.
- Gary Gray Named Chief Investment Officer for Twenty Four Seven Hotels Tue, 24 Jan 2017 11:09:04 EST
Twenty Four Seven Hotels announced the company has named Gary Gray as chief investment officer. Gray will oversee portfolio growth strategies across acquisitions, development and hotel management opportunities for the company.
- Positive Total Year 2016 Performance Metrics for Hotel Industry in European Region Tue, 24 Jan 2017 10:52:06 EST
European Hoteliers Report 0.6 Percent Occupancy and 2.1 Percent RevPAR Increases for 2016
- Fairmont Century Plaza Los Angeles to Open In 2018 Tue, 24 Jan 2017 10:18:57 EST
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and Next Century Associates yesterday announced the signing of definitive agreements for the revitalization and management of the historic Century Plaza Hotel, located in the heart of Century City in Los Angeles.
- Virgin Hotels New Orleans Announced for 2019 Tue, 24 Jan 2017 10:12:58 EST
Virgin Hotels, the hotel brand by Virgin Group founder Sir Richard Branson, has announced plans to open and operate a new hotel in the Warehouse District of New Orleans.
- EyeforTravel's Essential 2017 Travel Data & Technology Pack Tue, 24 Jan 2017 10:06:22 EST
EyeforTravel's Essential Travel & Technology pack will give you the tools you need to understand this fast-changing landscape and take advantage of it in 2017
- Marriott's Pop-Up Innovation Lab Launches in Downtown Los Angeles Tue, 24 Jan 2017 09:59:16 EST
The lab will let industry professionals, hotel guests, associates and the general public see, touch, taste and hear some of the exciting enhancements being considered for the future of the company's innovation incubator brand Aloft, and eco-conscious, extended-stay brand Element.
- Hotels in the Middle East Reported Negative Total-Year 2016 Results Tue, 24 Jan 2017 09:45:18 EST
Hotels in Africa Showed Mixed Performance
- White Paper Identifies Talent Challenges for Future Growth and Profitability for the Hospitality Industry Tue, 24 Jan 2017 09:34:35 EST
In the face of evolution and disruption brought by technology, business leaders at the Visionary Leaders Roundtable in Miami 2016 provides the hospitality industry ideas on what can be done to address the changing marketplace and make data-driven decisions.
- Mixed Results for Hotel Industry in Asia Pacific Region for 2016 Tue, 24 Jan 2017 08:59:16 EST
Compared with 2015, the Asia Pacific region reported a 1.6% increase in occupancy to 69.9%. Average daily rate (ADR) dipped 0.9% to US$100.46.
- First Hyatt Regency Hotel Opens in the Heart of Riyadh Tue, 24 Jan 2017 08:46:32 EST
Developed by Mohammed A. Al-Swailem Co. for Commercial Investment, Hyatt Regency Riyadh Olaya is the third Hyatt-branded hotel to open in the KSA, joining Park Hyatt Jeddah Marina, Club and Spa and Hyatt Regency Makkah Jabal Omar.
- 'Building the Sales Pipeline in 2017' Is Topic of February HSMAI Event Tue, 24 Jan 2017 08:41:36 EST
The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association Internationals Washington, D.C., chapter will host an interactive educational event, Building the Sales Pipeline in 2017, next month to teach hoteliers how to jump-start their sales efforts and increase top-line revenue and profits.