Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- The Changing Field in Bathroom Amenities - By Wen-D Kersten Fri, 18 Apr 2014 10:19:41 EST
Bathroom amenities are no longer just a nice little treat left for the guests benefit and use. Those small, individual bottles of shampoo and soap have come under attack in recent years as one of the biggest perpetrators of excess waste in our landfills. In fact, according to Pat Maher, green consultant for the American Hotel and Lodging Association, half a million of these small bottles wind up in landfills every day! Some hotels rise to the occasion with biodegradable plastic bottles.
- US Hotel Occupancy Increases 7.1% to 68.5% Week Ending April 12th - 2014 Fri, 18 Apr 2014 10:03:59 EST
ADR Up 5.3% to US$116.85
- Top Ten Travel Trends for 2014 As Seen Through the Eyes of Travel Professionals Thu, 17 Apr 2014 13:52:51 EST
Benchmark Hospitality International announces the "Top Ten Travel Trends for 2014" as observed through a survey of the companys extensive database of professional travel agents. In a Benchmark-commissioned study, over 20,000 travel professionals were provided a comprehensive survey on consumer and business travel in 2014, for review and submission to an independent market research firm for compilation and analysis.
- Residence Inn Portland Downtown/Pearl District Opens Thu, 17 Apr 2014 13:48:44 EST
While being an extended stay Portland hotel, the Residence Inn Portland Downtown/Pearl District also features 4,100 square feet of meeting space, inclusive of 2,010-square-foot and 425-square-foot ballrooms and 1,600 square feet of pre-function space.
- Fairmont Residences Nanjing Now Open Thu, 17 Apr 2014 13:44:27 EST
The announcement of Fairmont Residences Nanjing follows the recent opening of Fairmont Nanjing, a new luxury hotel located on the upper floors of the 62-storey Jin Ao Tower.
- Holiday Inn Queretaro Zona Krystal Opens in Mexico Thu, 17 Apr 2014 13:36:00 EST
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) [LON: IHG, NYSE: IHG] recently announced the opening of the 214-room, 14-story Queretaro Zona Krystal hotel, located on the San Luis Potosi Highway.
- The Raleigh Hotel Miami Beach Sold to Tommy Hilfiger Thu, 17 Apr 2014 13:32:11 EST
The Raleigh Group, the luxury hospitality group founded by designer and entrepreneur Mr. Tommy Hilfiger, iannounced the purchase of The Raleigh Hotel, Miami Beach.
- The TravelClick Perspective March 2014: 2014 Outlook Thu, 17 Apr 2014 11:40:23 EST
The hotel industry outlook for the top 25 North American Markets is showing an increase of 4.3% in committed occupancy for March 2014 - February 2015, based on group commitments and individual reservations on the books as of February 23, 2014 compared to the same time last year.
- Westin Wilmington Riverfront District Opens Thu, 17 Apr 2014 11:08:34 EST
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT) today announced the opening of The Westin Wilmington, a newly constructed hotel at the heart of the citys revitalized Riverfront district.
- Carlson Rezidor Holds Largest Hotel Pipeline in Africa Thu, 17 Apr 2014 10:57:59 EST
Group has 30 hotels and 6,300 rooms under development
- Marcus Hotels & Resorts Names Area Vice Presidents Thu, 17 Apr 2014 10:49:38 EST
Marcus Hotels & Resorts, a division of The Marcus Corporation (NYSE: MCS), announced that Jim Waldvogel, general manager of the Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington and Tom Mason, general manager of the Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, will assume additional responsibilities as area vice presidents for the company.
- Radisson Blu Mammy Yoko Hotel Freetown Opens in Sierra Leone Thu, 17 Apr 2014 10:44:00 EST
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group has opened the 172 room Radisson Blu Mammy Yoko Hotel, Freetown - the very first 5-star hotel in Sierra Leone, Africa.
- Gerard Kiladjian Named General Manager The Cliff House Resort and Spa Thu, 17 Apr 2014 10:24:45 EST
Officials of New Castle Hotels & Resorts named Gerard Kiladjian general manager of Maine's historic 166-room resort, The Cliff House Resort and Spa, which reopened today for its 142nd season. Earlier this month, New Castle assumed management under an agreement with Rockbridge which recently acquired the landmark.
- Hotel Oceana in Santa Barbara to Re-brand As Hotel Milo Santa Barbara Thu, 17 Apr 2014 10:17:11 EST
HHM announced today that the historic Hotel Oceana in Santa Barbara will re-brand as Hotel Milo Santa Barbara. The Independent Collection (IC) hotels new name honors the history of its location and the city of Santa Barbara itself, evoking a true beachside boutique experience.
- 289 Room Shangri-La Hotel Lhasa Now Open Thu, 17 Apr 2014 10:11:28 EST
The debut of Shangri-La Hotel, Lhasa today marks a sort of homecoming for the hotel group, as the legendary Shangri-La - the mythical 'paradise on earth' set in the Himalayas - was the inspiration for the Hong Kong-based luxury hotel brand.