Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- M&R Hotel Management Names Manager of Hotel Near JFK Airport Tue, 28 Jul 2015 14:31:43 EST
M&R Hotel Management today announced the appointment of Lawrence Hou as general manager of the Best Western JFK Airport Hotel in Jamaica, New York, one of four hotels it operates near John F. Kennedy International Airport.
- Buyer's Guide to Hotel Property Management Systems Offers a Stunning View of Next-Generation Capabilities Tue, 28 Jul 2015 13:41:03 EST
Featuring analyst insights and expert recommendations for deploying a next-generation solution to streamline operations, improve guest satisfaction and increase revenues, this 40-page buyer's guide is required reading for anyone who seeks to bring these benefits to their hotel, resort or other lodging property.
- Knowledge@Wharton - How Good Habits Can Make You Happier Tue, 28 Jul 2015 13:08:06 EST
The newest book from Gretchen Rubin, best-selling author of The Happiness Project, examines how we can change our habits for a happier, more productive life.
- London Hotels Report Decrease in Gross Operating Profit Per Available Room (GOPPAR) for June 2015 Tue, 28 Jul 2015 12:54:25 EST
UK Chain Hotels Market Review - June
- Egencia Global Traveler Survey Unveils Business Travelers' Highest Hotel Priorities Tue, 28 Jul 2015 12:47:45 EST
Business Woman Under 35 Searching For Clean, Safe, Loyal Hotel With A Human Touch
- HVS Report - Summary of Upscale Hotel Programming in China - By Wayne Wei Tue, 28 Jul 2015 12:39:41 EST
The secret to success of the upscale hotel investment in China is to program the most appropriate facilities based on the location, branding and positioning of the property, and not to compete on luxuriousness and scale of facilities.
- Sonesta Adds Nine New Sonesta ES Suites and Opens Sonesta Bee Cave Austin Tue, 28 Jul 2015 12:32:57 EST
New Extended Stay Brand, Officially Launched in May 2015, Grows to 25 Hotels in U.S.
- Notes from The 3rd Annual Travelers Mindset Conference, Co-Hosted by Google, HeBS Digital and HSMAI Tue, 28 Jul 2015 11:32:35 EST
HeBS Digital, the leading hotel digital technology, full-service digital marketing and website revenue optimization consulting firm co-hosted the 2015 Travelers Mindset Summer Conference along with Google and HSMAI Greater New York Chapter at the Google Headquarters last week, Wednesday, July 22nd.
- Baker & McKenzie's Views on Why the Manager's Fee is Based on a Hotel's Revenue and Profit Tue, 28 Jul 2015 10:39:47 EST
It is difficult to identify another service provider who calculates its fees this way. Many service providers traditionally charge on a time cost basis but these days, fixed fees, retainers and incentivised arrangements are increasingly the norm.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Vaudreuil - Dorion Opens in Quebec Tue, 28 Jul 2015 10:25:55 EST
The hotel, located near businesses such as Kraft Canada and Ericsson and attractions including the Zig Zag Zoo and Mont Rigaud, is expected to become a top choice for business and leisure travellers in the Vaudreuil-Dorion area.
- Christian Pucher Named Vice President for HVS Bangkok, Thailand Tue, 28 Jul 2015 10:15:37 EST
Christian, established the HVS office in Bangkok two years ago which has since advised clients in Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines.
- HVS Report - Accommodation Tax in Canada - By Tom Beckett Tue, 28 Jul 2015 10:10:38 EST
This article gives a broad overview of Hotel Accommodation Taxes in each region across Canada. It also distinguishes it from a Destination Marketing Fee, and discusses how it has been received by the guest, the industry, and the municipality.
- US Hotel Occupancy Up 1.6% to 69.1% During Second Quarter 2015 Tue, 28 Jul 2015 10:04:57 EST
In year-over-year results, occupancy was up 1.6% to 69.1%; average daily rate rose 4.8% to US$120.60; and revenue per available room increased 6.5% to US$83.37.
- HVS Canadian Lodging Outlook - 2nd Quarter, 2015 (PDF Download) Tue, 28 Jul 2015 09:56:37 EST
A quarterly performance update for key Canadian markets by STR and HVS
- Canadian Hotels Report 4.5% Increase in RevPAR During Second Quarter 2015 Tue, 28 Jul 2015 09:45:46 EST
In year-over-year results, the Canadian hotel industrys occupancy was down 0.3% to 67.1%. However, its average daily rate rose 4.8% to CAD$144.12, and its revenue per available room increased 4.5% to CAD$96.63.