Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Why measure Customer Satisfaction? Fri, 24 Jun 2016 08:15:42 EST
Don't spend hours and hours on numbers when you can just listen to your customers
- Robert Swade Named Chief Executive Officer for Grace Hotels Thu, 23 Jun 2016 16:55:14 EST
Robert Swade joins Grace Hotels from the Jumeirah Group where he is currently the Group Chief Operating Officer, responsible for hotel operations and development worldwide. Robert has been an integral part of the senior executive team of the Jumeirah Group since he joined the company in 2005.
- Consumers Don't Want to Give Up Personal Data Thu, 23 Jun 2016 16:52:20 EST
Consumers have been burned, especially by the travel industry
- Chris Anderson Named Director of Cornell Center for Hospitality Research Thu, 23 Jun 2016 16:38:49 EST
Prior to joining the SHA faculty, Anderson was on faculty at the Ivey School of Business in London, Ontario, Canada, where he earned his PhD. His main research focus is on revenue management and service pricing.
- Drury Plaza Hotel Indianapolis Carmel Opens Thu, 23 Jun 2016 12:35:36 EST
The new hotel is the company's third in the Indianapolis area, and the sixth in the state. In addition to its 303 guest rooms, the property also features seven meeting rooms totaling more than 7,000 square feet of flexible event space.
- Canadian Hotel Occupancy Drops 2.7 Percent to 73.9 Percent For Week Ending 18 June 2016 Thu, 23 Jun 2016 12:33:16 EST
Revenue per available room down 0.2 Percent to CAD$116.46
- Courtyard by Marriott Erie Bayfront Hotel Opens in Erie, Pennsylvania Thu, 23 Jun 2016 12:27:50 EST
Located on the shore of Presque Isle Bay and attached to the Bayfront Convention Center, the Courtyard Erie Bayfront is just seven miles from Erie International Airport and two minutes from downtown. The hotel also offers guests convenient access to the Bayfront Convention Center.
- US Hotel Occupancy Flat at 74.6 Percent Week Ending June 18th - 2016 Thu, 23 Jun 2016 12:15:51 EST
Average daily rate up 3.5 Percent to US$126.89
- Drury Plaza Cleveland Downtown Hotel Opens Thu, 23 Jun 2016 11:22:54 EST
The new hotel, the Drury Plaza Cleveland Downtown, took two years to preserve and renovate. Today, the property features 189 guest rooms and more than 3,900 square feet of event and meeting space.
- What the Brexit Referendum Could Mean for Hotels Thu, 23 Jun 2016 10:32:36 EST
The United Kingdoms hotel industry is in the midst of 30 consecutive months of moving average revenue-per-available-room (RevPAR) growth. However, the industry could face strong headwinds for future growth if voters approve a measure to exit the European Union on 23 June, according to STR.
- Dissatisfied Travelers Identify Opportunities to Help Meet Business Goals on the Road Thu, 23 Jun 2016 09:35:09 EST
Nearly Half of Companies Worldwide Have Policies to Allow Employees to Use Ride-Sharing Services for Work Travel - Composite Index Component Scores Improved for Business Travelers from Mexico, Germany and U.S.
- Chatbots and the Guest Experience: How Are Hotels Using Messenger Apps? Thu, 23 Jun 2016 09:24:23 EST
Lets face facts. We love to chat. And, believe it or not, there is little difference between men and women when it comes to the number of words we speak a day - 16,000 on average, according to a University of Arizona study a few years back. Sadly, technology is often blamed for stifling human interaction and, in particular, the art of meaningful conversation. So its no surprise, then, that some of the technology industrys best-loved platforms have historically centered around chatting.
- Great Wolf Lodge Georgia Announced for 2018 Thu, 23 Jun 2016 09:14:02 EST
Great Wolf Lodge Georgia will be the companys fifteenth resort in North America. It will be located in La Grange off of I85, 70 minutes from downtown Atlanta. The resort is expected to open in 2018.
- New Guide to Restaurant Technologies: Two Key Concepts To Keep In Mind Thu, 23 Jun 2016 09:00:07 EST
There are a number of key concepts that restaurant operators should keep in mind when researching next-generation restaurant management and POS solutions. These key concepts include 'must-have capabilities' necessitated by new payment methods and security requirements as well as 'nice-to-have capabilities' unrelated to 'point of sale' such as inventory management and employee management.
- Jeju Sun Hotel & Casino in Jeju, Korea Sold for US$101 Million Thu, 23 Jun 2016 08:55:20 EST
Jeju Sun Hotel & Casino is a 5-hibiscus hotel located in Jeju City on the island of Jeju-Do in Korea, located five minutes from Jeju International Airport. The hotel has 203 rooms and suites, 2,125 square meters of gaming space.