Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- March Hotel Biz Analytics Predict a Bright Outlook for US Hoteliers Fri, 24 Apr 2015 20:00:35 EST
Future business activity in U.S. hotels rose in March according to the latest reading of the Hotels' future business conditions (HIL) indicator. e−forecasting.com's HIL, a composite indicator that gauges future monthly overall business conditions in the U.S. hotel industry, increased by 0.1% in March to 115.5, following a decline of 0.1% in February. The index is set to equal 100 in 2005.
- Time to Upgrade Your Hotel Revenue Management Capabilities? Heres What You Need to Know. Fri, 24 Apr 2015 09:34:46 EST
According to research conducted by Starfleet Media, the implementation of Hospitality Revenue Management results in a 10 percent average increase in revenue per available room (RevPAR) for large and very large hotels, potentially translating into millions of dollars in additional profit for these companies.
- Starwood Launches Keyless Check-in Through the SPG APP for Apple Watch in U.K. Fri, 24 Apr 2015 09:30:07 EST
Starwood Hotels & Resorts announced the launch of SPG Keyless in the UK, the hospitality industrys first mobile, keyless entry system allowing guests to use their smartphone as a key. Starting today, members of Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG®) can for the first time ever unlock their hotel room door thanks to the SPG App for Apple Watch.
- Pebblebrook Hotel Trust First Quarter 2015 Adjusted EBITDA Up 31.4 Percent Fri, 24 Apr 2015 09:25:31 EST
Same-Property RevPAR in the first quarter of 2015 increased 3.6 percent over the same period of 2014 to $174.71. Same-Property ADR grew 6.3 percent from the first quarter of 2014 to $222.54. Same-Property Occupancy decreased 2.5 percent to 78.5 percent, primarily impacted negatively by renovations in the quarter.
- Companies Planning to Hire More Recent College Graduates This Year and Pay Them Better Fri, 24 Apr 2015 09:21:56 EST
According to a new survey from CareerBuilder, 65 percent of employers say they plan to hire recent college graduates this year, up from 57 percent last year and the highest outlook since 2007. One third will offer higher pay than last year, and 1 in 4 will pay $50,000 or more.
- Making Hotel Reservations - Is Mobile Living Up to the Hype? Fri, 24 Apr 2015 09:17:24 EST
No, according to a national study by D.K. Shifflet and Associates. The study found that less than 10% of hotel reservations made in 2014 were done so using a hand held device.
- First Hyatt Centric Hotel Officially Opens in Chicago Fri, 24 Apr 2015 09:10:08 EST
Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) yesterday announced the opening of the 257-room, full-service Hyatt Centric The Loop Chicago, the first Hyatt Centric branded property to open worldwide.
- Rezidor Hotel Group Signs 10 New Hotels and 2 New Countries Added to Pipeline During Q1 2015 Thu, 23 Apr 2015 17:13:14 EST
The Rezidor Hotel Group announces a strong first quarter 2015 related to project signings: the group added 10 hotels with 2,300 rooms to the pipeline, and arrived in two new countries, Armenia and Togo.
- Red Lion to Acquire GuestHouse International and Settle Inn Brands Thu, 23 Apr 2015 17:07:17 EST
Transaction Provides National Footprint While More Than Doubling the RLHC Brand Network to 130 Hotels in 30 States
- Sunwing Vacations Adds a New Direct Flight From Kitchener-Waterloo to Cayo Santa Maria Thu, 23 Apr 2015 14:20:00 EST
One of Cuba's most beguiling island destinations will be a little closer to residents of Kitchener and Waterloo this winter with the launch of a new weekly flight service to Cayo Santa Maria.
- Hoteles City Express Reports 10.2% Chain-wide Growth in RevPar and 21.3% Growth in Adjusted EBITDA for Q1 2015 Thu, 23 Apr 2015 14:19:13 EST
Total revenues came to $376.4 million, an increase of 21.0% over the same period in 2014, mainly due to a 19.9% rise in Occupied Room Nights at the Chain level, combined with growth of 10.2% in Revenue per Available Room.
- Time to Upgrade Your Restaurant POS System? Heres What You Need to Know. Thu, 23 Apr 2015 14:14:41 EST
According to research from Starfleet Media, almost one-quarter (23%) of restaurateurs who have not purchased a new POS System within the past 3 years plan to do so in the next 12 months.
- Marriott Autograph Collection Hotel on North Carolina State University's Centennial Campus Breaks Ground Thu, 23 Apr 2015 13:24:25 EST
Noble Investment Group yesterday announced they have broken ground on the StateView Hotel, which is centrally located on North Carolina State University's Centennial Campus in Raleigh, North Carolina. Designed to LEED Silver sustainability standards, the hotel will sit on the shore of Lake Raleigh, adjacent to the N.C. State University Alumni Center and across from the Lonnie Poole Golf Course.
- AH&LA Names the Willard InterContinentals Steve Blum Outstanding Manager of the Year Thu, 23 Apr 2015 13:11:02 EST
The American Hotel & Lodging Association (AH&LA) Stars of the Industry Awards honors outstanding accomplishments, service, and leadership in the hospitality and lodging industry. In an awards ceremony on April 14, Steve Blum of Washington DCs Willard InterContinental was awarded as Outstanding Manager of the Year, Large Property.
- Hotel Gracery Shinjuku Opens in Tokyo with Godzilla-Themed Rooms Thu, 23 Apr 2015 13:04:54 EST
The 970-room hotel opens as part of a brand-new Kabukicho entertainment complex, Shinjuku Toho Building. The building also offers a 12-screen cinema complex and various dining and amusement facilities.