Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- What Exactly is That Experience Everyone Seeks? - John Hendrie Sun, 21 Sep 2014 21:24:39 EST
That is the challenge we in Hospitality face. What exactly is that experience that our guests and customers seek? We understand that our patrons are now looking for adventure, authenticity, excitement, something different. So, one might say an experience is what we say we will deliver and from the guest point of view the experience is what unfolds and how they feel about that result. Therein lies the uncertainty and potential dissatisfaction.
- Australias First TRYP by Wyndham Hotel Opens in Brisbane Fri, 19 Sep 2014 11:28:58 EST
TRYP by Wyndham Fortitude Valley, Brisbanes first street art hotel and the first TRYP by Wyndham® hotel in Australia, officially opened its doors to the public at a special launch party last night attended by more than 200 guests.
- Speakers Announced for Annual Florida Gaming Congress 2014 Thu, 18 Sep 2014 14:21:48 EST
Twenty-three experts with wide perspectives on the future of gaming in Florida are confirmed to speak at the 8th annual Florida Gaming Congress, which takes place November 10-11, 2014, at the Hyatt Regency Miami.
- Hotel Jen Orchardgateway Opens In Singapore Thu, 18 Sep 2014 14:16:03 EST
The opening is the first in a major initiative to launch the Hotel Jen brand in nine key gateway cities across Asia Pacific by March 2015.
- Is the Office the New Playground for Bullies? Thu, 18 Sep 2014 13:58:05 EST
Twenty-eight percent of workers reported they have felt bullied at work - nearly one in five (19 percent) of these workers left their jobs because of it. While the prevalence is higher among certain minorities and workers with lower incomes, the new CareerBuilder study found that workers in management roles, those with post-secondary education and other workforce segments are not immune to bullying.
- Luxury Travel Exchange to Feature Top Luxury Travel Companies Thu, 18 Sep 2014 12:36:05 EST
Questex Hospitality + Travel today previewed some of the worlds foremost luxury travel suppliers and sponsors that are scheduled to participate in its 2014 Luxury Travel Exchange International (LTX), to be held Dec. 9-11 at The Palazzo in Las Vegas.
- Aloft Charlotte Uptown @ the EpiCentre Acquired by Lowe Enterprises Investors Thu, 18 Sep 2014 12:19:41 EST
Lowe Enterprises Investors (LEI) has acquired the Aloft Charlotte Uptown @ the EpiCentre on behalf of an investment client. The 175-room hotel is located at 210 East Trade Street in the Uptown District of Charlotte, NC. L
- Westin Sarasota to Open Summer 2016 Thu, 18 Sep 2014 11:40:35 EST
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT) today announced that it has broken ground on its first Westin hotel in Sarasota, Florida. Developed by Kolter Hospitality LLC, The Westin Sarasota will open in the summer of 2016 as part of a brand-new development in Sarasotas vibrant arts district, featuring 255 spacious rooms and spectacular waterfront views.
- Lodging Interactive Wins Multiple Industry Awards Thu, 18 Sep 2014 11:04:23 EST
Lodging Interactive website designs garner multiple awards from Travel Weekly & Web Marketing Association
- HSMAIS MEET National Conference a Success, 2015 Dates Announced Thu, 18 Sep 2014 10:50:12 EST
As the 25th annual HSMAIs MEET National event came to a successful close this month at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, Questex Hospitality + Travel announced that next years event will be held Sept. 9-10, at the Marriott Wardman Park, Washington.
- US Hotel Occupancy Up 4.5% to 68.0% Week Ending September 13th - 2014 Thu, 18 Sep 2014 10:46:42 EST
Average daily rate up 6.9% to US$117.73
- Canadian Hotel Occupancy Up 2.7% to 76.2% For Week Ending 13 September 2014 Thu, 18 Sep 2014 10:43:26 EST
Revenue per available room increases 7.1% to CAD$112.54
- Revinate Announces InGuest, a Revolutionary Guest Engagement Platform for the Hospitality Industry Thu, 18 Sep 2014 10:40:07 EST
With inGuest, hotels can maximize revenue by knowing their guests, anticipating their needs and executing precisely targeted marketing campaigns
- The NSN Group Brings HOTELS INNOVATE Forum to New York City Thu, 18 Sep 2014 09:12:52 EST
The NSN Group has announced that it is accepting registrations for the next HOTELS INNOVATE forum, to be held on Friday, September 19, 2014 from 1:00pm to 6:00pm at Midtown Loft and Terrace, 267 Fifth Avenue, New York.
- The Marcus Corporation Reports First Quarter Revenues for Marcus Hotels & Resorts Thu, 18 Sep 2014 08:44:15 EST
Marcus Hotels & Resorts achieved record revenues and near-record operating income for the first quarter, and revenue per available room (RevPAR) for comparable company-owned hotels was up 6.5%.