Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Revinates InGuest Platform Named First Runner-Up at HTNGs TechOvation Awards Thu, 5 Mar 2015 13:39:30 EST
Revinate, a San Francisco-based technology company that is reinventing the hotel guest experience, celebrates its award at Hotel Technology Next Generations (HTNG) TechOvation awards last week. inGuest, Revinates revolutionary guest engagement platform that turns guest data into revenue for hoteliers, was awarded first runner-up.
- Viceroy Hotel Group To Open Hotel In Chicago In 2017 Thu, 5 Mar 2015 13:26:23 EST
Working in tandem with Convexity Properties, the luxury hospitality brand will unveil the Goettsch Partners and TAL Studio-designed property, located on State Street in the Gold Coast.
- Park Inn by Radisson Hotel Apartments in Al Barsha Opens in Dubai Thu, 5 Mar 2015 13:21:34 EST
Park Inn by Radisson Hotel Apartments is located at a convenient distance from many retail and leisure establishments: the residence is half a kilometre from Mall of the Emirates and Ski Dubai, four kilometres from the Palm Jumeirah, and 18 kilometres from Downtown Dubai.
- 400 Room Earth Hotel Announced for Uncasville, Connecticut Thu, 5 Mar 2015 13:15:16 EST
During a press conference Thursday morning attended by Connecticut Governor Dannel Malloy and Lieutenant Governor Nancy Wyman, Mohegan Sun executives shared details on a second hotel being added to the flagship property in Uncasville, Connecticut.
- Knowledge@Wharton - How Companies Are Managing the Millennial Generation Thu, 5 Mar 2015 13:09:56 EST
As multinationals seek to become bigger, faster and stronger to compete on the global stage, theyre launching new corporate development programs to mobilize their workforce. And their efforts are reaching far beyond out-dated cushy executive retreats.
- AHLEI Announces Sponsors of 2015 HTMP International Competition Thu, 5 Mar 2015 11:42:09 EST
The 12th annual competition will be held April 23-25 at the Rosen Shingle Creek in Orlando, Florida, and will bring together teams of enthusiastic, motivated high school hospitality students who will demonstrate their skills and knowledge as they compete for scholarships to leading college hospitality programs.
- Hilton at Resorts World Bimini Coming to the Bahamas Thu, 5 Mar 2015 11:40:25 EST
The newly-built luxury marina hotel, slated to have its official grand opening at Resorts World Bimini in the Bahamas this summer, will operate as Hilton at Resorts World Bimini, and marks Hilton Worldwides second hotel in the Bahamas.
- Chicagos LondonHouse Joins Curio Collection Thu, 5 Mar 2015 11:33:57 EST
LondonHouse is expected to open Spring 2016 and will be located in Chicagos historic London Guarantee Building and new 22-story architecturally synchronized Modernist glass tower.
- New U.S. Hotel Openings Are Not Expected to Peak Until 2018-2019 Thu, 5 Mar 2015 11:19:36 EST
Lodging Econometrics reported that new hotel supply growth bottomed in 2011 with the opening of only 347 Hotels/37,404 Rooms. The bottom in 2011 concluded a precipitous 75% decline in New Hotel Openings from a peak of 1,341 Hotels/154,257 Rooms established in 2008 at the onset of the Great Recession.
- 300 Room Dual-branded Hotel Announced for 2017 in Fort Lauderdale Thu, 5 Mar 2015 11:08:05 EST
The Wurzak Hotel Group announced that it is under contract to build a premium 300 room dual-branded hotel in a prime downtown Fort Lauderdale location. Construction on the 24 story development will begin in the late summer of 2015 with an opening scheduled for early 2017.
- Preferred Hotel Group Rebrands As Preferred Hotels & Resorts Thu, 5 Mar 2015 11:02:35 EST
Preferred Hotel Group yesterday introduced its move from a multi-brand portfolio to one master brand, Preferred Hotels & Resorts.
- Le Méridien New Orleans Hotel Opens Thu, 5 Mar 2015 10:52:25 EST
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT) today announced the debut of Le Méridien New Orleans, following a comprehensive $29 million conversion of the former W Hotel.
- US Hotel Occupancy Up 1.8% to 64.5% Week Ending February 28th - 2015 Thu, 5 Mar 2015 10:46:46 EST
Average daily rate increased 3.3% to US$115.55
- Canadian Hotel Occupancy Drops 2.1% to 59.6% For Week Ending 28 February 2015 Thu, 5 Mar 2015 10:43:25 EST
Revenue per available room drops 0.8% to CAD$79.47
- LeisureLink Selected to Present at The Montgomery Summit Thu, 5 Mar 2015 10:39:55 EST
Top venture capitalists chose LeisureLink from a record number of nominees to present at the largest tech investor conference on the West Coast