Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Operators Are Watching Portion Sizes Carefully - By Joe Dunbar Mon, 1 Sep 2014 14:52:36 EST
I have been traveling through New England and Upstate New York this summer. While driving on major highways, the meal choices are limited to major chains for the most part. Menu prices tend to be 10% higher at the rest area food courts.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Billings Opens in Montana Mon, 1 Sep 2014 13:20:30 EST
The four-story hotel, owned by Ember Lane Lodging Investors, LLC, is the third Homewood Suites property in Montana and features 110 suites. Stacy Lind, general manager, and Sara Holliday, director of sales, have been in the hotel industry for a combined 30 years.
- Holiday Inn Resort Pagosa Springs Hotel to Open by Summer 2015 Mon, 1 Sep 2014 13:13:56 EST
The three-story property will have 101 guest rooms including 11 suites. Guests can take advantage of complimentary internet access, 8,500 sq. ft. of meeting space with the largest room accommodating up to 200 people, an indoor pool, fitness center and a business center.
- Profits Momentum for UK Provinces and North West, but London Declines Again During July 2014 Mon, 1 Sep 2014 13:09:54 EST
UK Chain Hotels Market Review - July 2014
- Riu Palace Meloneras Reopens Following 30 Million Euro Renovation Mon, 1 Sep 2014 13:05:14 EST
The 449 rooms, both in the main building and in the garden villas, have been fully refurbished with contemporary furniture and modern services, such as 42-inch satellite flat screen televisions, electronic safes and free Wi-Fi Internet throughout the hotel. One novelty will be a new 32-room building located right on the Meloneras promenade, in which all the rooms have a unique view of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Centara Grand Villas Nusa Dua Bali Opens in Thailand Mon, 1 Sep 2014 12:59:13 EST
Located at Nusa Dua on the southern tip of Bali, the resort is within the ocean resort complex established by the Bali Tourism Development Corporation. The resort includes two signature restaurants, a bar, a swimming pool, the executive club lounge, spa with extensive menu of services and 24-hour fitness center, meeting rooms, and a limousine service.
- 195 Room Sonesta Bee Cave Austin to Open Spring 2015 Mon, 1 Sep 2014 12:51:35 EST
Sonesta Bee Cave Austin, a New 195 Room Hotel, which Broke Ground February 2014, Overlooking and Inspired by Texas Hill Country welcomes Industry Veteran and University of Texas alumnus and local resident, John Dallas, as its General Manager
- European Hotel Development Pipeline For June Increases to 910 Hotels Mon, 1 Sep 2014 12:44:05 EST
The Europe hotel development pipeline comprises 910 hotels totalling 145,244 rooms, according to the July 2014 STR Global Construction Pipeline Report.
- Middle East and Africa Hotel Development Pipeline For July 2014 at 630 Hotels Mon, 1 Sep 2014 12:40:17 EST
The Middle East/Africa hotel region reported 630 hotels Under Contract totalling 147,754 rooms, according to the July 2014 STR Global Construction Pipeline Report.
- Mountain China Resorts Reports 2014 Second Quarter Financial and Operational Results Mon, 1 Sep 2014 11:25:28 EST
With winter operations ended in March and summer operations to be started in July, second quarter has been the traditional slack season for MCR. For the quarter ended June 30, 2014, the Company generated revenues from resort operations of $0.001 million and a net loss of $2.12 million or $0.01 per share compared to revenue of $0.08 million and a net loss of $5.51 million or $0.02 per share in 2013.
- Keep the Faith and Deliver Upon the Guest Experience! - By John Hendrie Mon, 1 Sep 2014 10:44:51 EST
Consumers are bombarded with choices every waking minute. The consensus by many is that we are all 'dumbed down'. Even product warnings are appalling in the extreme: 'Do not use toilet brush for personal hygiene' or 'Never iron these clothes while being worn.' Business mantra can display the same careless attitude.
- Hyatt Unveils Environmental Goals for the Year 2020 Mon, 1 Sep 2014 10:01:44 EST
In conjunction with the release of its 2013-2014 Corporate Responsibility Report, Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE:H) unveiled last week an aggressive set of environmental goals for the year 2020, all designed to strengthen Hyatts collective ability to collaborate, inspire and further its commitment to environmental stewardship.
- Dubai Hotels Report 6.7 Percent Increase in Hotel Guests First Half of 2014 Mon, 1 Sep 2014 09:55:27 EST
Increasing the length of stay has been identified as a key driver of tourism growth across Dubai within the Tourism Vision for 2020, and average length of stay increased across the board, with an average of 3.9 days - length of stay in hotels increased to 3.4 days and hotel apartments to 5.7 days.
- Asia Pacific Hotel Development Pipeline For July 2014 at 2,340 Hotels Mon, 1 Sep 2014 09:46:19 EST
Among the countries in the region, China reported the most rooms under construction with 148,578 rooms. Six other countries reported more than 5,000 rooms under construction: India (30,117 rooms); Indonesia (26,414 rooms); Malaysia (10,511 rooms); Philippines (8,056 rooms); Thailand (6,411 rooms); and Japan (5,702 rooms).
- Central And South America Hotel Development Pipeline For July 2014 at 384 Hotels Mon, 1 Sep 2014 09:41:28 EST
The Central/South America hotel development pipeline comprises 384 hotels totalling 62,958 rooms, according to the July 2014 STR Global Construction Pipeline Report.