Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Fairfield by Marriott San Salvador, El Salvador Announced for 2016 Fri, 21 Nov 2014 09:17:08 EST
The property will be developed by Dueñas Hermanos Ltda. (d.b.a. Urbanica Desarrollos Inmobiliarios), Caribe Hospitality and Terranum Hotels, the same the companies that own the existing Courtyard by Marriott San Salvador. The hotel will be managed by Marriott International under a long term agreement.
- Sheraton on the Park in Sydney Sold for AUS$463.0 Million Fri, 21 Nov 2014 09:14:15 EST
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT) today announced it has sold Sheraton on the Park in Sydney, Australia to Sunshine Insurance Group Corporation (SIG) for AUS$463.0 million [US$399.0 million]. Starwood will continue to operate the hotel as a Sheraton under a long-term management contract.
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Announced for 2018 in Medellin, Colombia Fri, 21 Nov 2014 09:09:02 EST
The hotel will be located in Medellin's upscale 'El Poblado' neighborhood, occupying one of two towers in the Palmanova luxury, mixed-use development and connected to the Palma Real Multiplaza. This will be IHG's third property in Medellin, joining the InterContinental Medellin and the Holiday Inn Express Medellin.
- Starwood Announces Regular Quarterly Dividend and Special Dividend Fri, 21 Nov 2014 08:59:29 EST
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT) yesterday announced that its Board of Directors declared a regular quarterly dividend of $0.35 per share. The regular quarterly dividend will be paid on December 29, 2014 to stockholders of record on December 8, 2014.
- AH&LA Calls for Broader Reforms in Wake of Presidents Immigration Address Fri, 21 Nov 2014 08:57:48 EST
Hotel Industry Urges Long-term Solutions
- Pegasus Names Scott Gibson Chief Executive Officer Fri, 21 Nov 2014 08:51:41 EST
Pegasus Solutions has named Scott Gibson chief executive officer. An industry veteran and experienced technology executive, Scott assumes the role following the recent purchase of Pegasus by Regent Equity Partners.
- The 2 New Google Updates Every Hotelier Should Know About - By Tim Minerd Thu, 20 Nov 2014 14:46:06 EST
Organic search is the leading source of traffic for hotel websites, and over 50% of online revenue in the hospitality industry originates from the search engines. So its no secret that Search Engine Optimization (or SEO, the art and science of improving a sites organic search rankings) is a vital part of every hotels marketing toolkit.
- 10 Things Successful Hotel Sales and Marketing Directors Do Every Day Thu, 20 Nov 2014 14:03:21 EST
Sales and Marketing tips and advice from Tambourine
- An Analysis of Hotel Labor Costs - By Robert Mandelbaum Thu, 20 Nov 2014 10:49:03 EST
As revenues continue to grow for most U.S. hotels, the combined cost of salaries, wages, bonuses, and payroll-related expenditures has declined as a percent of total hotel revenue. According to the 2014 edition of Trends® in the Hotel Industry, labor costs in 2013 represented 32.3 percent of total revenue, down from a high of 34.8 percent in 2009, but still above the long-run average of 31.2 percent.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys Opens in Minnesota Thu, 20 Nov 2014 10:36:38 EST
The hotel is located at 165 13thAvenue SW, across from St. Marys Hospital and a short distance of the Mayo Clinic.
- Regional Economic Climates to Drive Air, Hotel and Ground Transportation Price Changes for Global Business Travel in 2015 Thu, 20 Nov 2014 10:31:46 EST
Modest global economic growth and shifts in supply and demand expected to affect pricing across multiple regions
- CHICOS Claims Caribbean Still Great Market for Future Hotel Investment Opportunities Thu, 20 Nov 2014 10:26:16 EST
Capital is Available and South American Visitors Boosting Caribbean Tourism
- Ben Tutt Named General Manager for The Lodge at Vail Thu, 20 Nov 2014 10:22:34 EST
Tutt has managed boutique hotels including The Reefs Resort & Club in Bermuda, Wydham Martineau Bay Resort and Spa, and La Posada de Santa Fe, where he also served as President of the Santa Fe Lodger's Association.
- HVS Report - The Hostel and Budget Traveller Market in Europe Gaining Momentum - By Harry AB Douglass (PDF Dowlnoad) Thu, 20 Nov 2014 10:18:17 EST
The vibrant limited-to-select service hotel sector is at the forefront of the property market.
- US Hotel Occupancy Rises 5.3% to 68.0% During October 2014 Thu, 20 Nov 2014 10:12:02 EST
Overall, in year-over-year results, the U.S. hotel industry's occupancy was up 5.3 percent to 68.0 percent; its average daily rate rose 4.6 percent to US$118.87; and its revenue per available room increased 10.1 percent to US$80.81.