Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Fall Travel Expected to Increase Tue, 26 Aug 2014 16:06:40 EST
Travel is expected to increase across all generations this fall according to a national survey by D.K. Shifflet & Associates. Boomers show the largest increases over 2013 and they along with GI/Silents are the most likely to travel with about six out of ten planning to travel at least once this fall. The number of Millennials planning to travel this year is about the same as last year.
- Thomas Mangas Named Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer for Starwood Tue, 26 Aug 2014 16:01:04 EST
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT) today announced thatThomas B. Mangas has been named Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, effective September 29, 2014. Mangas will be a member of Starwood's Senior Leadership Team and report to President and Chief Executive Officer Frits van Paasschen.
- Palacio De Marquesa Opens in Taos, New Mexico Tue, 26 Aug 2014 15:44:49 EST
Heritage Hotels and Resorts, Inc. announced the doors are now open at Palacio de Marquesa an upscale, 8-room inn located in historic Taos, New Mexico.
- Hotel Madeline Telluride Sold to Northview Hotel Group Tue, 26 Aug 2014 15:22:58 EST
Affiliates of Northview Hotel Group, in partnership with a fund managed by an affiliate ofApollo Global Management, LLC (NYSE:APO) have announced the acquisition of Hotel Madeline Telluride, Telluride's premier hotel and residences.
- Why This May Be the Time to Buy or Sell a Hotel Management Company - By Jim Butler Tue, 26 Aug 2014 15:11:53 EST
Lately, it seems like everyone wants to buy - or sell - an independent hotel management company. And this may be one of the best times to do so in a long while. Here are some thoughts on this timely subject by two of our hotel lawyers who have just completed a successful sale of an independent operator.
- HVS Report - Selecting A Hotel Management Company: A Decision Worth Millions - By Todd Isenstadt and Hans Detlefsen - By Todd Isenstadt and Hans Detlefsen Tue, 26 Aug 2014 15:01:10 EST
After accounting for differences in branding, location, property age and condition, market size, and property type, do different management companies still produce significantly different results? This article shows that the answer is: YES.
- The Parisian Macao Receives Construction Permit Tue, 26 Aug 2014 14:45:56 EST
The company said additional permits will be necessary as the development continues, but after undergoing a brief work stoppage, this approval enables work on the critical podium structure to restart immediately.
- Deloitte Global Economic Outlook Q3 2014 (PDF) Tue, 26 Aug 2014 11:29:32 EST
The third quarter edition of the Global Economic Outlook offers timely insights from Deloitte Research economists about the United States, the Eurozone, China, Japan, India, Russia, Brazil, and the United Kingdom.
- The Cleaning Genie is Not Necessarily Present in All Hotels Tue, 26 Aug 2014 10:45:58 EST
The cleaning genie is not necessarily present in all hotels. The booking portal hotel.info reveals the level of cleanliness in hotels in the United Kingdom and how to make sure that complaints with regard to hygiene are satisfied at the hotel.
- PwC US Anticipates the Highest Occupancy Levels in 20 Years for 2015 Tue, 26 Aug 2014 09:56:09 EST
An updated lodging forecast released today by PwC US anticipates stronger occupancy gains in 2014, setting the stage for 2015, during which PwC US anticipates the highest occupancy levels in 20 years.
- Ed Begley Jr. to Keynote The LODGING Green & Sustainability Conference Tue, 26 Aug 2014 09:49:52 EST
The conference will host more than 50 distinguished panelists and speakers, including hoteliers, business leaders, consultants, investors, and policymakers and will take place October 28-30 at the Aria Hotel, Las Vegas.
- Accor Acquires 13 Properties Totaling 1,194 Room in the U.K. Tue, 26 Aug 2014 09:42:59 EST
Accor announces that HotelInvest, the Groups hotel owner and investor business, has purchased a portfolio of 13 hotels from Tritax for a total consideration of 89 million (£71 million) in line with its stated strategy to consolidate the owned hotel base whilst strengthening its economy and midscale segments.
- 140 Room Savannah Suites in Stone Mountain, Georgia Sold for $1.5 Million Mon, 25 Aug 2014 11:39:37 EST
Supertel Hospitality, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPPR), a real estate investment trust (REIT), last week announced that it has sold the 140-room Savannah Suites in Stone Mountain, Georgia, on August 21, 2014 for $1.5 million. Supertel will use the proceeds from the sale to retire the mortgage on the property.
- Hotel Occupancy in the Americas Region Up 3.6% to 73.2% for July 2014 Mon, 25 Aug 2014 11:35:55 EST
Compared July 2013, the Americas region reported a 3.6-percent increase in occupancy to 73.2 percent, a 4.8-percent increase in average daily rate to US$119.81 and an 8.5-percent increase in revenue per available room to US$87.76.
- Hyatt Regency Suzhou Opens in Eastern China Mon, 25 Aug 2014 11:32:23 EST
Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) today announced the opening of Hyatt Regency Suzhou in Suzhou, one of the most important economic, cultural and historic cities of Eastern China, neighboring Shanghai.