Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- US Hotel Occupancy Drops 9.9% to 47.0% Week Ending November 30th - 2013 Sun, 8 Dec 2013 11:11:14 EST
ADR down 5.5% to US$97.36
- Richard Green, Vice President, Association Sales & Industry Relations to Retire From Marriott International Fri, 6 Dec 2013 09:28:20 EST
As a Marriott sales leader, Green is credited for building deep and trusting client relationships that resulted in strong customer preference across the companys portfolio of brands. He is highly regarded as a strong customer advocate for the association meetings industry.
- Tom Singer to Step Down As InterContinental Hotels Group Group Chief Financial Officer Fri, 6 Dec 2013 09:24:37 EST
He will be succeeded by Paul Edgecliffe-Johnson, who joined IHG in August 2004 and has held a number of senior positions, most recently as Chief Financial Officer of IHGs Europe and Asia, Middle East & Africa regions.
- Hyatt Place St. Louis/Chesterfield Opens Fri, 6 Dec 2013 09:07:44 EST
Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) and Drury Hotels Company yesterday announce the opening of Hyatt Place St. Louis/Chesterfield, the first Hyatt Place hotel in the St. Louis metropolitan area.
- SpringHill Suites in Savannah Georgia Sold for $39.8 Million Fri, 6 Dec 2013 09:03:24 EST
Chatham Lodging Trust (NYSE: CLDT) announced that it has acquired the 160-room SpringHill Suites by Marriott Savannah Downtown/Historic District for $39.8 million, plus customary acquisition and closing costs.
- Workers Can Expect Holiday Cheer in the Office This Year in the Form of Bonuses, Parties, and Gifts Fri, 6 Dec 2013 08:57:20 EST
Workers share the most unusual gift they received from a co-worker
- Canadian Occupancy, ADR, RevPAR - Week Ending November 30th, 2013 (PDF Download) Fri, 6 Dec 2013 08:55:10 EST
Published in conjunction with STR (Smith Travel Research) and endorsed by the Hotel Association of Canada. This publication summarizes weekly occupancy and average room rates from major cities in Canada.
- UK HIP Drops in October with Increased Recession Risk Thu, 5 Dec 2013 14:27:07 EST
UK-HIP's six-month growth rate, which has historically confirmed the turning points in UK hotel business activity, had a rate of 12.2% in October, falling from a rate of 19.8% held in September.
- The Shift in Hotel Bookings from Desktop to Mobile and Tablet Accelerates in Q3, 2013 - By Max Starkov & Sara OBrien Thu, 5 Dec 2013 14:01:22 EST
The results from Q3 2013 are in, and the shift from desktop to mobile and tablet devices is even more massive than it was at the beginning of the year. There is no doubt: 2013 is undeniably the year of the three screens.
- Hotel Industry Thanks House for Passage of Goodlatte Patent Troll Bill Thu, 5 Dec 2013 13:21:51 EST
Goodlatte 'Innovation Act' important to ending $80 billion annual economic hit
- Pegasus Solutions Launches the Pegasus Academy Thu, 5 Dec 2013 11:05:58 EST
Interactive Library of Client Learning Tools Tailors Client Support to Hotelier Needs
- Qubit Releases Benchmark for Onsite Effectiveness and Brand Awareness of Hotel Brands Thu, 5 Dec 2013 11:00:37 EST
This Qubit benchmark looks at the onsite effectiveness and brand awareness of eight of the top global hotels: Holiday Inn, Radisson, Hilton Hotels, Marriott International, Best Western, Choice Hotels, Accor Hotels and Starwood Hotels.
- Garden of the Gods Club and Resort in Colorado Springs to Be Managed by Gemstone Thu, 5 Dec 2013 10:12:18 EST
The country club and resort recently were acquired by an LLC led by local business owners and long time club members Judy Mackey and Brenda Smith.
- Gang Han Named As Chief Executive Officer and Yang Shi As Chief Financial Officer for Mountain China Resorts Thu, 5 Dec 2013 10:06:18 EST
Mountain China Resorts (Holding) Limited (TSX VENTURE:MCG) announced that it has appointed Mr. Gang Han, who was previously serving as the Company's Chief Financial Officer, as its Chief Executive Officer.
- Knowledge@Wharton - The Sharing Economy: Why Even the Mainstream Wants a Piece of the Pie Thu, 5 Dec 2013 10:02:17 EST
The sharing economy is growing, spreading to industries including food, travel and fashion. Mainstream retailers would do well to take notice, say panelists at the recent Wharton Social Impact Conference.