Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Knowledge@Wharton - To Brag or Not: When It Pays, When It Backfires Thu, 2 Jul 2015 13:38:06 EST
Bragging about generous deeds could bring individuals praise or scorn, depending on their motivations, says Whartons Deborah Small.
- U.S. June Unemployment Rate Declines to 5.3% Thu, 2 Jul 2015 13:28:04 EST
Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 223,000 in June, and the unemployment rate declined to 5.3 percent. Job gains occurred in professional and business services, health care, retail trade, financial activities, and transportation and warehousing.
- Hotel History: The City Club Hotel, New York, N.Y. (1904) Thu, 2 Jul 2015 13:26:01 EST
Nobody Asked Me, But... No. 144 - By Stanley Turkel, CMHS
- Katie Falvey Named Vice President of Real Estate for The Marcus Corporation Thu, 2 Jul 2015 13:21:58 EST
In her newly expanded role, Falvey oversees all real estate functions for the company, including both operating divisions, Marcus Theatres and Marcus Hotels & Resorts, and the organizations various corporate entities.
- Single-Use Virtual Accounts Gaining Popularity Among Business Travelers Thu, 2 Jul 2015 13:18:06 EST
About 20 percent of American businesses today pay for travel using cardless single-use 'virtual' accounts, up from 13 percent last year, according to a new study by the GBTA Foundation.
- Hyatt Regency Naha, Okinawa Opens in Japan Thu, 2 Jul 2015 13:07:24 EST
The hotel is the tenth hotel under a Hyatt brand in Japan, and it is the sixth Hyatt Regency hotel in the country, following Tokyo, Hakone, Kyoto, Osaka and Fukuoka.
- Economic Attitudes Indicate Encroaching Anxieties Thu, 2 Jul 2015 12:59:30 EST
Positive ratings for President Obamas performance on the economy at their lowest point this year
- Moxie Study Reveals 70 Percent Of Americans Who Booked Travel Online Would Like The Option Of Live Chat Thu, 2 Jul 2015 12:47:01 EST
Nearly two-thirds of online Americans would find it helpful if a brand proactively engages with them when struggling on a website
- Carlson Rezidor Announces Radisson Blu MBamou Palace Hotel, Brazzaville, Republic of Congo Thu, 2 Jul 2015 12:40:18 EST
Carlson Rezidor further strengthens its portfolio in Africa by announcing the Radisson Blu MBamou Palace Hotel in Brazzaville, capital city of the Republic of Congo. The upper upscale property with 178 rooms will be the first internationally branded hotel in Brazzaville and open in September 2015.
- White Lodging Assumes Management of Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville and Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates Thu, 2 Jul 2015 12:34:10 EST
White Lodging announced it has officially taken over management of the Hilton Garden Inn Merrillville in Indiana and the Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates in Illinois. These hotels mark White Lodging's 18th and 19th Hilton Garden Inn properties in its portfolio.
- Scandic to Take over Hotel Norge in Bergen, Norway Thu, 2 Jul 2015 12:24:04 EST
The hotel, which was built in 1885, is Bergen's oldest hotel and will from the beginning of the fall of 2016, be completely transformed to claim its place as the top hotel in the city.
- Cornell Center for Hospitality Research Offers Sustainability Measurement Tool Thu, 2 Jul 2015 12:16:37 EST
The hotel industry will be able to compare ranges of energy and water use, as well as carbon footprint, using a new tool from the Center for Hospitality Research (CHR).
- US Hotel Occupancy Up 1.1% to 76.9% Week Ending June 27th - 2015 Thu, 2 Jul 2015 11:34:31 EST
Average daily rate up 4.6% to US$122.15
- Canadian Hotel Occupancy Up 1.1% to 74.6% For Week Ending 27 June 2015 Thu, 2 Jul 2015 11:30:01 EST
Revenue per available room increases 7.1% to CAD$113.37
- Ashford Trust Completes Acquisition Of W Atlanta Downtown Hotel For $56.8 Million Thu, 2 Jul 2015 11:27:16 EST
Ashford Hospitality Trust, Inc. (NYSE: AHT) announced yesterday that it has completed the previously-announced acquisition of the 237-room W Atlanta Downtown hotel for total consideration of $56.8 million ($239,000 per key).