Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Renaissance Paris Republique Hotel Opens Tue, 3 May 2016 13:44:07 EST
Renaissance Hotels has opened its sixth hotel in the emerging neighbourhood of La Republique, Paris.Located near Le Marais and Canal Saint Martin, Renaissance Republique, a former home for travelling artists, is ideal for experiencing the City of Lights newest it district in style.
- Hotels in Oil and Gas Regions Continue to Struggle Tue, 3 May 2016 13:09:51 EST
According to STRs consulting & analytics division, hotel tracts dependent on the oil and gas industry continue to see weakened demand as a result of low oil prices. In addition, hotel supply in these regions continues to grow at a strong pace.
- Sunstone Hotel Investors Reports Results For First Quarter 2016 Tue, 3 May 2016 12:34:30 EST
Comparable Hotel RevPAR increased 1.5% to $143.67 - Adjusted EBITDA decreased 5.9% to $61.8 million
- HVS Market Report Milwaukee, Wisconsin - By Dana Waud Tue, 3 May 2016 12:28:11 EST
Lodging demand from Fortune 500 companies, international tourist attractions, and professional sports teams has brought about a surge in hotel development in Milwaukee. How will the new hotels affect RevPAR and average rate in the city?
- The 2016 LIIC Top Ten: The Annual Survey of Lodging Investment Trends and Challenges - By Jim Butler Tue, 3 May 2016 11:57:56 EST
This exhaustive survey results in the LIIC Top Ten; a highly regarded profile of investment sentiment and attitudes for the lodging industry for the forthcoming 12 months. Altogether, the members of LIIC represent direct acquisition and disposition control of well over $40 billion of lodging real estate.
- Ryman Hospitality Properties, Inc. Reports First Quarter 2016 Results Tue, 3 May 2016 10:51:22 EST
First Quarter Net Income of $26.3 Million - Total Adjusted EBITDA of $73.4 Million - First Quarter Gross Room Nights Booked For All Future Years Increases 12.6 Percent
- Will Google Replace Travel Agents? - Travel Market Report Tue, 3 May 2016 10:49:32 EST
What is Google doing in travel? Is Google trying to replace traditional travel agents? Will Google seek to buy a large travel agency group?
- The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur Hotel Opens Tue, 3 May 2016 10:45:10 EST
Part of ONE IFC, a premier mixed-use development, the hotel is located in the prestigious Kuala Lumpur Sentral Precinct (KL Sentral). Following this opening, St Regis will add three additional locations to its coveted portfolio in 2016, including the Maldives, Changsha, and Cairo.
- The St. Regis Mexico City Appoints a Chief Millennials Officer Tue, 3 May 2016 10:19:18 EST
With more than 57.5 percent of millennial associates currently working at the iconic hotel in Mexico City, in addition to the fact that 32 percent of the hotels worldwide guests fall under this age range of 18 to 33-years-old, The St. Regis Mexico City believes that now, more than ever, is a pivotal moment to create the special role of CMO.
- Hyatt First Quarter 2016 Net Hotel and Net Rooms Growth Was 9% and 7% Respectively Tue, 3 May 2016 10:12:53 EST
Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) today reported first quarter 2016 financial results. Net income attributable to Hyatt was $34 million, or $0.25 per share, during the first quarter of 2016, compared to $22 million, or $0.15 per share, in the first quarter of 2015.
- 5 Innovative Companies to Watch for at HITEC 2016 - By Alan Young President, Puzzle Partner Ltd Tue, 3 May 2016 10:08:24 EST
Ill be making the trek myself, and am already looking forward to hearing from the top minds in the hospitality tech industry, and making my way through the 300+ exhibits at the trade show. My objective is to find the most disruptive and innovative companies that I think have a fantastic future. You will not want to miss them either, so Ive compiled a helpful list of several very promising ones here.
- Starwood Reports First Quarter 2016 Net Income of $90 Million Tue, 3 May 2016 09:53:31 EST
Excluding special items, income from continuing operations was $118 million. Including special items, income from continuing operations was $90 million - Worldwide Systemwide REVPAR for Same-Store Hotels increased 1.0% in constant dollars (decreased 1.3% in actual dollars) compared to 2015. Systemwide REVPAR for Same-Store Hotels in North America increased 2.0% in constant dollars (increased 1.3% in actual dollars).
- Hotel Technology 2020: What Will the Hotel of the Future Look Like? Tue, 3 May 2016 09:30:35 EST
Wearables, virtual reality, and 3D printing are all significant trends demanding attention in the technology sector. So, how will hotel technology shape our guest experience of the future?
- STR Analyses Impact of Terrorism on Hotel Industry in Europe Tue, 3 May 2016 08:40:25 EST
STR analyzed four instances in which a major European market was attacked by terrorists, beginning with the 2004 train bombings in Madrid, Spain. Other markets included in the analysis were London, England; Paris, France; and Brussels, Belgium.
- Hotel Development Site Auction Vilcabamba, Ecuador Mon, 2 May 2016 13:21:07 EST
Fisher Auction Company to Handle the Auction Sale of a 74+/- Acre Equestrian Estate and Hotel Development Site