Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Intrawest Acquires Remaining 50% of Blue Mountain Ski Resort for CAD $58.0 Million Fri, 12 Sep 2014 12:39:24 EST
Intrawest Resorts Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:SNOW announced that it has negotiated and entered into a definitive agreement to acquire the 50% interest in Blue Mountain Ski Resort that it does not already own from Blue Mountain Resorts Holdings Inc. for CAD $58.0 million.
- European Hotel Development Pipeline For August at 894 Hotels Fri, 12 Sep 2014 10:06:26 EST
The Europe hotel development pipeline comprises 894 hotels totalling 142,704 rooms, according to the August 2014 STR Global Construction Pipeline Report.
- Rachel McKinney Named Vice President of Human Resources for The Marcus Corporation Fri, 12 Sep 2014 09:58:46 EST
McKinney joins the company with over 30 years of human resources (HR) experience. Prior to joining The Marcus Corporation, she served as executive vice president, chief human resources officer for School Specialty, Inc. based in Appleton, Wis., for five years.
- U.S. Hotel Construction Pipeline for August 2014 Up 13.5% over 2013 Fri, 12 Sep 2014 09:55:28 EST
Among the Chain Scale segments, the Upper Upscale segment reported the largest increase in rooms Under Contract (+31.8 percent) with 29,352 rooms. Two other segments reported increases of more than 10.0 percent: the Upper Midscale segment (+22.1 percent with 116,689 rooms) and the Upscale segment (+11.8 percent with 103,323 rooms). The Luxury segment reported the largest decrease in rooms Under Contract (-4.1 percent with 7,336 rooms).
- Greg A. Dowell Named Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for Summit Hotel Properties Fri, 12 Sep 2014 09:52:26 EST
Mr. Dowell will succeed Mr. Paul Ruiz, who has served as interim Chief Financial Officer since May of 2014. Mr. Ruiz will continue to serve in his present position as Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer.
- HeBS Digital Acclaimed With Six IMA Awards, Including Three Best in Class Fri, 12 Sep 2014 09:51:14 EST
HeBS Digital, the industrys leading digital technology, full-service hotel marketing and website design firm, has received six Interactive Media Awards (IMA), including three Best-in-Class IMA Awards in the Hotel and Resort Category.
- Yanqi Lake Kempinski Hotel Beijing Architectural and Interior Design Story Thu, 11 Sep 2014 15:11:09 EST
Chief Designer Zhang Hai Ao worked with his team of 60 designers from across the globe, including the UK, Italy, Spain, the US, Holland and the Philippines, who spent 60 days developing this amazing building design.
- Sage Hospitality Appoints Shane Keener and Paul McCormick to Vice President Positions Thu, 11 Sep 2014 15:03:06 EST
Sage Hospitality has added two Vice President positions to support the growing company's needs as their portfolio has expanded to more than 75 hotels across the United States. Shane Keener is now Vice President of Marketing and Paul McCormick has joined as Vice President of Operations for Sage's Premier & Lifestyle Division.
- Sonesta Ocean Point Resort In St. Maarten to Open This October Thu, 11 Sep 2014 14:18:49 EST
Ultra-luxurious yet sustainable and set in the most spectacular location, the 'resort within a resort' sits on the southernmost point of the island, adjacent to the Sonesta Maho Beach Resort & Casino.
- Marriotts Latin American Hotels Set to Nearly Double by 2017 Thu, 11 Sep 2014 14:14:34 EST
At this weeks World Travel & Tourism Conference (WTTC), Craig Smith, president of the Caribbean and Latin America at Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR), announced that the company expects to reach the milestone of 5,000 hotels by 2017, planning to add 1,300 new hotels in the next three years at the rate of 6 per week. In Latin America alone, the company expects to close 2017 with 150 hotels across 25 countries, nearly doubling its portfolio in Latin America.
- Governance Trends Shaping the Board of the Future Diversity and Performance Thu, 11 Sep 2014 14:03:27 EST
PwCs 2014 Annual Corporate Directors Survey reveals corporate directors views on board performance and diversity. The findings indicate a growing concern regarding the replacement of underperforming board members and differing opinions among male and female directors concerning the importance of gender and racial diversity.
- Wyndham Worldwide Achieves Substantial Reduction in Water and Carbon Footprint in 2013 Thu, 11 Sep 2014 13:51:23 EST
Company Releases Annual Sustainability Report, Showcasing Continued Best Practices
- Scandic Stavanger Congress Hotel to Open 2016 in Norway Thu, 11 Sep 2014 13:46:56 EST
Scandic signs a major new hotel in the centre of Stavanger, Norway. With 350 rooms and vast conference facilities, Scandic is positioning itself for the competition in the oil city.
- Majority of Workers Dont Aspire to Leadership Roles Thu, 11 Sep 2014 13:18:25 EST
1 in 5 workers think a glass ceiling holds back women and minorities at their organization - A third of women, half of African Americans, and 6 in 10 disabled workers aspiring to leadership roles say a glass ceiling exists
- IHG Announces Its Seventh Multiple Development Agreement in Germany Thu, 11 Sep 2014 13:01:03 EST
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has announced its seventh multiple development agreement (MDA) in Germany with existing owner partner Sierra Hotel Management Ltd. The first property already signed under the agreement is Holiday Inn Express® Karlsruhe - City Park, due to open in mid-2016.