Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Restaurant Management - A Best Practices Approach - By Joe Dunbar Fri, 27 Mar 2015 17:31:14 EST
In 1991, my wife Jackie and I spent two weeks in the Finger Lakes area of New York State. We decided to stay at a hotel in Ithaca. Near Cornell University, we found a terrific bookstore with a big red dot on the door. Once inside, I went hunting for books on food purchasing and restaurant cost control.
- Questex Travel Group Sets Sail with New ITE at Sea Event Aboard Oasis of the Seas Fri, 27 Mar 2015 17:27:46 EST
On the heels of its successful 10th anniversary Incentive Travel Exchange (ITE) celebration, Questex Travel Group today announced it is accepting applications for its ITE at Sea event, the latest addition to the companys Global Meetings and Incentive Travel Exchanges (GMITE) portfolio, designed for qualified buyers and premier travel suppliers seeking to maximize their incentive travel business.
- Hotel Biz Analytics Predict Bright Outlook for US Hoteliers Fri, 27 Mar 2015 08:35:29 EST
Future business activity in U.S. hotels declined in February according to the latest reading of the Hotels' future business conditions (HIL) indicator. e−forecasting.com's HIL, a composite indicator that gauges future monthly overall business conditions in the U.S. hotel industry, fell by 0.1% in February to 120.2, following an increase of 0.5% in January. The index is set to equal 100 in 2005.
- Knowledge@Wharton - Havana or Bust: How U.S.-Cuba Relations Will Impact Tourism Fri, 27 Mar 2015 08:27:44 EST
Following President Obamas relaxing of U.S. travel restrictions, does Cuba have the potential to re-assert itself as a major tourist destination for Americans?
- Fairmont Grand Del Mar Announced for San Diego Fri, 27 Mar 2015 08:06:35 EST
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts announced that it will take over management of San Diego's top-rated hotel and rebrand it as the Fairmont Grand Del Mar.
- Budapest and Warsaw Hotels Report Strong February 2015 Results Fri, 27 Mar 2015 08:00:23 EST
European Chain Hotels Market Review - February 2015
- Hotels in the U.K. Provinces Continued to Post Positive Year-on-year Results for February 2015 Fri, 27 Mar 2015 07:46:14 EST
UK Chain Hotels Market Review - February 2015
- Uber Goes Big Data - Shares Customers' Data with a Hotel Chain - Naked Security Thu, 26 Mar 2015 14:21:41 EST
Uber has joined the rank of Big Data sellers, up there with Facebook, Google and Visa. The product: data about customers' movements, where they shop, where they work, where they go and much more.
- American Hotel and Lodging Association Praises Maryland Senate for Encouraging Fair Competition in Hotel Booking - Thu, 26 Mar 2015 14:17:37 EST
Senate Passes SB 190 to ensure tax parity with online travel agencies
- New 251 Room Crowne Plaza Hotel In Midtown New York City Announced for 2017 Thu, 26 Mar 2015 14:14:14 EST
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) announce the signing of a 251-room Crowne Plaza hotel in the heart of New York City. The property is scheduled to open in 2017, and IHG will manage on behalf of the owner, LRR Holdings, LLC.
- Looking Under the Hood: The Catalysts of Hotel Credit Spreads Thu, 26 Mar 2015 13:48:35 EST
A new report from the Center for Hospitality Research (CHR) highlights the factors that drive the interest-rate spread between loans for hotels and office buildings.
- Wyndham to Deliver Personalized, Pre-Arrival Upgrade Offers to Guests Globally Thu, 26 Mar 2015 13:40:52 EST
ompany leverages new offering to help drive ancillary revenue opportunities for hotel owners
- Webinar: Key Mistakes Made in Brand Story-Telling, and How to Get It Right! Thu, 26 Mar 2015 13:26:39 EST
Join us at this complimentary webinar, Thursday April 2nd, 2pm EDT. Expert speakers from Marriott International, Travelocity and Gonzo Marketing - discuss the secrets to successful brand story-telling and how to gain competitive edge.
- CFOs and Sustainability: Shaping Their Roles in an Evolving Environment Thu, 26 Mar 2015 13:09:27 EST
New Deloitte whitepaper provides insights for CFOs and c-suite
- The Changing Face of U.S. Jobs Thu, 26 Mar 2015 13:00:42 EST
CareerBuilder Special Report Tracks the Changing Composition of Jobs by Gender, Race and Age from 2001-2014