Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Cambria Nashville Hotel to Open in Early 2018 Fri, 12 Feb 2016 11:43:43 EST
Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH), Fillmore Capital Partners and Fillmore Hospitality hosted the official groundbreaking of the new Cambria hotel & suites in Nashville, TN yesterday.
- STR's Census Database Shows 52,000 Hotel for the U.S. Fri, 12 Feb 2016 11:35:47 EST
STRs census database for year-end 2015 showed roughly 5 million hotel rooms in more than 52,000 properties in the U.S.
- Ariel Development to Develop a Cambria Hotel & Suites in Seattle Fri, 12 Feb 2016 11:30:35 EST
The Cambria hotel & suites Seattle will be locally situated and within walking distance to many of Seattle's iconic locations, including Pike Place Market, Washington State Convention Center, the Seattle Aquarium and the Seattle Art Museum.
- Triptych Miami Design District Hotel Joins Curio Collection Fri, 12 Feb 2016 11:22:35 EST
Hilton Worldwide (NYSE: HLT) today announced the Triptych Miami Design District will join Curio A Collection by Hilton when it opens during the 2017 - 2018 high season.
- Expedia Inc Setting Sail To Monopolize U.S Travel Industry - Salem State Log Fri, 12 Feb 2016 10:05:07 EST
Expedia Incs (NASDAQ:EXPE) earnings miss reflect nothing but its acquisition and integration of HomeAway and Orbitz respectively as the companys bookings rise 40% in Q4
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites St. Johns International Airport Hotel Opens Fri, 12 Feb 2016 10:00:45 EST
Managed by Urgo Hotels Canada and owned by MP LIMITED PARTNERSHIP, this new hotel is located right at St. John's International Airport and is helmed by General Manager Greg Ivany.
- Wynn Resorts Year End 2015 Net Revenues Down 25 Percent Fri, 12 Feb 2016 09:47:33 EST
Net revenues for the fourth quarter of 2015 were $946.9 million, compared to $1,138.0 million in the fourth quarter of 2014.
- U.S. Hotel Stocks Down 12.1 Percent for January 2016 Fri, 12 Feb 2016 09:43:45 EST
The Hotel Brand sub-index reported a 13.3% decrease to 3,536 in January. The Hotel REIT sub-index experienced a 9.6% drop to 1,259 during the month.
- Defining Loyalty: How to Win Over Loyal Guests, When Youre Not One of The Big Guys - By Beth Harvey Fri, 12 Feb 2016 09:38:34 EST
The last twelve months have been full of change for all sectors of the hotel industry. Acquisitions and mergers are a growing topic of conversation in the industry as many expect them to pave the way for hotel marketing in the coming years. One major impact being considered is the changes to be made in regards to customer loyalty programs. With a new direction and promise for personalization, independent hotels and small brands must customize their rewards programs to compete with the big players.
- Dubai Forecast Revised Downwards Fri, 12 Feb 2016 09:28:02 EST
Key EMEA Market of Dubai Forecast Revised Downwards Amid Changing Global Conditions
- What Guests Really Think of Your Hotel: Text Analytics of Online Customer Reviews Thu, 11 Feb 2016 12:32:26 EST
Hotel guests often post a review of their stay along with a numerical rating of the hotel, but a new study from the Center for Hospitality Research (CHR) finds that the comments and the ratings don't always match up.
- Knowledge@Wharton - 'Originals': How Anyone Can Become a Trailblazer Thu, 11 Feb 2016 12:29:08 EST
A new book by Wharton management professor Adam Grant challenges our assumptions about what it takes to generate and champion original ideas in ourselves and others. In Originals: How Non-Conformists Move the World, Grant reveals what we can learn from entrepreneurs and other trailblazers to help us think differently and to make our voices heard.
- Felip Boyero Named Managing Director of the Americas for Room Mate Hotels Thu, 11 Feb 2016 12:17:49 EST
In an effort to further support its expansion in North and Latin America, Room Mate Hotels has appointed Felip Boyero Managing Director of the Americas and launched its first headquarters for the region in Miami, FL.
- Opal Sands Resort Opens in Clearwater Beach, Florida Thu, 11 Feb 2016 12:01:06 EST
The curvature of the property, designed by Design Duncan Miller Ullmann, gives every room a clear view of the stunning gulf sunsets.
- Have Points, Will Travel Thu, 11 Feb 2016 11:48:35 EST
Wyndham Rewards Offers Fresh Take on Branded In-Room Content with Launch of New, Industry First Sitcom