Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- 'Work Martyr Complex' Emerges at Expense of Americans Health and Well-Being Tue, 19 Aug 2014 13:38:31 EST
Fear of being replaced and work piling up coupled with a lack of employer support and communication is keeping Americans from using the time off they have earned, according to the new study, 'Overwhelmed America: Why Dont We Use Our Paid Time Off?' conducted by GfK Public Affairs and Corporate Communications (GfK) for the U.S. Travel Associations Travel Effect initiative.
- Robot Butlers 'a Gimmick', Says Hotel Workers' Union - BBC Tue, 19 Aug 2014 13:33:02 EST
A US hotel chain has been criticised over its plans to introduce robot butlers to its workforce.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Opens in Tegucigalpa, Honduras Tue, 19 Aug 2014 13:30:46 EST
The hotel is located in the heart of the Tegucigalpa's new financial and commercial district of Plaza San Rafael, and near the country's major financial institutions, including BAC Honduras, Banco Davivienda and BCIE (Central American Bank for Economic Integration).
- Hilton Garden Opens 600th Property in Falls Church, Virginia Tue, 19 Aug 2014 13:25:46 EST
Hilton Garden Inn announced the opening of its 600th property, Hilton Garden Inn Falls Church, located in Virginia. Hilton Garden Inn Falls Church is owned and managed by Inns of Falls Church LLC.
- Holiday Inn Express Culiacan Opens in the Northern State of Sinaloa, Mexico Tue, 19 Aug 2014 13:19:01 EST
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) announced the opening of the Holiday Inn Express Culiacan hotel in the northern state of Sinaloa, Mexico. The seven-story hotel features 174 spacious guestrooms including two beautiful suites and is the first Holiday Inn Express hotel for the city.
- U.S. Hotel Pipeline Posts Double-Digit Yoy Gains for the 3rd Consecutive Quarter. Tue, 19 Aug 2014 13:14:50 EST
The Construction Pipeline continued its upward momentum in Q2 14, posting a double-digit gain Year-Over-Year (YOY) for the third consecutive quarter. At Q2 14 the Pipeline Stands at 3,311 Projects/ 421,387 Rooms, an increase of 17% by Projects and 20% by Rooms YOY. The Pipeline has been increasing for the past nine quarters off the bottom established in Q1 2012.
- Metropolitan Hotel at The 9 Opens This September in Cleveland Tue, 19 Aug 2014 13:06:26 EST
The former AmeriTrust tower and historic Cleveland Trust Rotunda have been transformed into The 9, which houses the new Metropolitan Hotel for travelers and Concierge Living apartments for local residents.
- The Art of Selling the Right Room at the Right Price - By Maansi Sanghi Tue, 19 Aug 2014 12:53:55 EST
The art of selling the right room at the right price or in other words Revenue Management or Yield Management will help in improving the overall profitability of room sales. The art here lies in not relying on guesswork but having an actionable strategy after gathering enough information and knowledge, using it to anticipate occupancy and market demand and determining how it affects hotel revenue.
- Staybridge Suites Denver-Stapleton Opens Representing Brand's 200th Hotel Tue, 19 Aug 2014 12:45:41 EST
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) announced the 200th hotel opening for its brand - a milestone met faster than any other brand in the upscale extended stay segment. The opening of the 102-room Staybridge Suites Denver-Stapleton hotel expands the brand's Denver, Colorado portfolio to five properties and creates 30 new jobs in the community.
- National Hotel Finance & Investment Conference May 4-6, 2015 in Los Angeles Tue, 19 Aug 2014 12:42:23 EST
Meet the Money®, the premier national hotel finance and investment conference will convene for its 25th annual event on May 4-6, 2015 in Los Angeles. Since 1990, the conference has connected attendees with the industrys top executives and leaders.
- What in Hell is the U.S.P.? And Why Do You Need One? Redux - By Madigan Pratt Tue, 19 Aug 2014 12:35:50 EST
A U.S.P. positions your hotel in the minds of travelers. It helps get your hotel in the consideration set when travelers are looking for the unique benefit you offer. It's basic marketing, but not many hotels have one.
- 117-room Protea Hotel Select Ikeja Opens in Lagos, Nigeria Tue, 19 Aug 2014 12:30:47 EST
Nigerias new 117-room Protea Hotel Select Ikeja opens its doors this week in the upmarket Lagos suburb of Ikeja.
- Colliers International Hotels Q2 2014 INNvestment Canada (PDF Download) Tue, 19 Aug 2014 12:27:58 EST
Overall trading activity in Canada has been healthy through the first half of 2014 with 64 hotel transactions amounting to approximately $570 million in volume.
- Marriott Minsk Hotel Set to Open in 2015 in Belarus Tue, 19 Aug 2014 12:22:48 EST
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAR) is expanding in Belarus with plans to open a second hotel in the country. The 220-room Marriott Minsk Hotel is expected to open in early 2015 and will operate under a franchise agreement with Vienna International Hotelmanagement AG.
- Hyatt Place Celebrates 200 Locations and Momentum Continues with Development Worldwide Tue, 19 Aug 2014 12:16:10 EST
More than 100 executed contracts for Hyatt Place hotels around the world across 21 countries, 15 of which are new markets for the brand