Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Hotel Price Index Reveals Denver and Charlotte Are Gaining Popularity Domestically, While Mexico Surges Internationally Thu, 29 Jan 2015 14:03:59 EST
To help travelers identify the most popular and trending cities this year both domestically and internationally Hotels.com has released data from its Hotel Price Index (HPI®) that highlights the most popular destinations of 2014.
- Google: The Biggest Threat in Mobile to Hotels and Airlines? Thu, 29 Jan 2015 13:59:20 EST
According to the App Overlap Report Series published by the Strategy Analytics - Travel Analytics - service, only 20% of those that use airline applications also use hotel applications leading to bifurcated trip planning.
- Las Vegas Sands Reports Record Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2014 Results Thu, 29 Jan 2015 13:38:09 EST
Net Revenue Increased 5.9% to a Record $14.58 Billion - Consolidated Adjusted Property EBITDA Increased 13.8% to a Record $5.42 Billion
- Strong December Results Contributed to a Great Year for the U.K. Hotel Industry Thu, 29 Jan 2015 13:31:17 EST
UK Chain Hotels Market Review - December 2014
- Dubai Hotels Close 2014 with a 4.2% Increase in Profit Margins Thu, 29 Jan 2015 13:19:46 EST
MENA Chain Hotels Market Review - December 2014
- FCC Commissioner Dismisses Hotel Wi-Fi Blocking Petition - IGN Thu, 29 Jan 2015 13:02:19 EST
The Marriott, and other hotels, shouldn't be able to block users Wi-Fi hotspots, FCC commissioner Jessica Rosenworcel said, speaking at the State of the Net conference.
- The Hotels of the Future: Could 'Li-Fi', Video Tables and Intelligent Coffee Machines Become the Norm? - The Telegraph Thu, 29 Jan 2015 12:44:01 EST
Hotels could change beyond recognition in the next few years, says Sarah Baxter - but will travellers miss the human touch?
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Scottsdale North-Airpark Opens Thu, 29 Jan 2015 12:33:37 EST
The hotel, located at 14255 N 87th Street, has 117 rooms, including 37 suites. Situated in an area that appeals to both business and leisure travelers, guests can enjoy attractions such as Desert Botanical Garden, WestWorld of Scottsdale and Butterfly Wonderland. Businesses located nearby include GoDaddy and JDA Software.
- US Hotel Occupancy Up 2.9% to 57.1% Week Ending January 24th - 2015 Thu, 29 Jan 2015 11:40:39 EST
Average daily rate increased 5.1% to US$114.42
- Canadian Hotel Occupancy Drops 2.5% to 54.3% For Week Ending 24 January 2015 Thu, 29 Jan 2015 11:38:16 EST
Revenue per available room down 0.2% to CAD$71.44
- JLL Hotels & Hospitality Expanding Sub-Saharan Africa Offering Thu, 29 Jan 2015 11:36:12 EST
JLL announced this week that the firm is expanding its Sub-Saharan Africa offering to include its hotels service and has appointed regional industry expert, Xander Nijnens as Head of Hotels & Hospitality, Sub-Saharan Africa.
- HR in Hospitality Conference March 16-18, 2015 at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas Thu, 29 Jan 2015 11:33:06 EST
During the 9th annual HR in Hospitality Conference, being held March 16-18, 2015 at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, nearly one-fifth of the program will contain principal experts from Cornell University. Providing guidance tailored to the challenges faced by human resource professionals in the hospitality industry, the conference will equip attendees with actionable tips, innovative ideas, and practical solutions and guidelines for navigating the industry's changing landscape.
- Paralyzed (and Politicalized) by Hype - By John Hendrie Thu, 29 Jan 2015 11:27:36 EST
Dont let your sons (or daughters) grow up to be meteorologists! Who ever thought there would be a Weather Channel? And, why are our lives so inextricably tied to the weather? I mean, it just happens, right? Welcome to the Blizzard of 2015, poised, we had been told, to bring a snowy Armageddon!
- ADRIA HOTEL FORUM, 11.-12.02.2015, Hotel Sheraton, Zagreb Thu, 29 Jan 2015 11:25:02 EST
Adria Hotel Forum, in its third edition, offers its participants discussion on the theme of successful projects and models that have happened with intention to encourage investments and development. The theme of AHF in 2015, which will be held on 11. 12. February, 2015. at the Sheraton Hotel in Zagreb is 'Investment in the hotel industry; Successful models'.
- Ashford Trust Launches Ashford Hospitality Select Dedicated to Premium Branded Select-Service Hotels Thu, 29 Jan 2015 11:21:57 EST
Ashford Hospitality Trust, Inc. (NYSE: AHT) announced today that the Company's Board of Directors has approved the formation of Ashford Hospitality Select, Inc., a new privately-held company dedicated to investing primarily in existing premium branded, upscale and upper-midscale, select-service hotels, including extended stay hotels, in the United States. Ashford Select is expected to launch sometime in the first half of 2015.