Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- HSMAI Opens 2014 Adrian Awards Competition for Excellence in Travel Marketing Wed, 23 Jul 2014 17:10:16 EST
The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) is accepting entries for its 58th annual Adrian Awards, the worlds largest and most prestigious travel marketing competition.
- Steigenberger Hotel to Open 2017 in Taizhou, China Wed, 23 Jul 2014 14:34:25 EST
Steigenberger Hotel Group continues on its course of international expansion: Agreement signed for a fifth hotel in China
- Delta Hotels Announces Delta Calgary International Airport Hotel Wed, 23 Jul 2014 14:22:53 EST
Delta Hotels and Resorts Named Hotelier at Calgary International Airport Expansion
- Global Online Hotel Bookings and Rates Experience Highest Year-on-year Growth in Last 12 Months Wed, 23 Jul 2014 14:01:53 EST
The second quarter ended on a high note for both the business and leisure travel segments. Global leisure travel booked online yielded impressive reservation and rate growth during the second quarter, growing by +10.2% and +6.5% in June respectively.
- Hilton Worldwide Announces Dual-Branded Property for Columbia, S.C. Wed, 23 Jul 2014 13:48:20 EST
Hilton Worldwide Brings Columbia, S.C. its First Dual-Branded Property Historic Clarion Hotel Downtown to be Converted to Hilton Garden Inn and Home2 Suites
- Hotel Occupancy in the Asia Pacific Region Up 0.9% to 66.9% for June 2014 Wed, 23 Jul 2014 10:13:00 EST
The regions occupancy during May rose 3.2 percent to 67.6 percent; its average daily rate ended the month virtually flat with a 0.1-percent increase to US$115.10; and its revenue per available room increased 3.3 percent to US$77.80.
- Hotel Occupancy in the Middle East And Africa Region Up 1.0% to 64.6% for June 2014 Wed, 23 Jul 2014 10:07:56 EST
The region reported a 1.0-percent increase in occupancy to 64.6 percent, a 3.5-percent increase in average daily rate to US$169.22 and a 4.5-percent increase in revenue per available room to US$109.24.
- Hotel Occupancy in the European Region Up Slightly 0.2% to 75.1% for June 2014 Wed, 23 Jul 2014 09:52:25 EST
Year-to-date June 2014, Europes occupancy rose 2.1 percent to 66.0 percent; its ADR, in Euro terms, grew 2.4 percent to EUR103.90; and its RevPAR increased 4.5 percent to EUR68.59.
- US$25M Funding Secured for 263 Acre Eco-friendly Resort HMB Avication in Fogang, China Wed, 23 Jul 2014 09:44:57 EST
Asia Pacific Investment House (APIH) has successfully completed its round one funding for resort development HMB Avication in China, raising US$25m target. With a total project projection of US$50m, early indications are looking extremely positive for the second round which is now open to Investors.
- Over Five Thousand Hospitality Technology Professionals Gather for HITEC 2014 in Los Angeles Wed, 23 Jul 2014 09:40:45 EST
2014 was one of the highest attended HITECs with 5,745 hospitality professionals representing 57 countries. The conference addressed important issues, including system selection, ethics, mobile and guestroom technology, data security, PCI Compliance and more.
- Noble Investment Group CEO Mit Shah Named Keynote Speaker for 12th Annual Southern Lodging Summit Wed, 23 Jul 2014 09:38:06 EST
Officials of the Southern Lodging Summit, an annual gathering of hoteliers specializing in development and operations in the southern United States, today announced that Mit Shah, CEO of Noble Investment Group, will be the keynote speaker of the 12th annual conference August 19-20 in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Conrad London Westminster to Open This September Wed, 23 Jul 2014 09:20:00 EST
The six-floor hotel features 256 beautiful rooms, including 42 premium rooms and luxurious suites including a discreet penthouse. All rooms reflect the hotels contemporary design, offering king-sized or twin beds, relaxing bathtubs, walk-in showers, free Wi-Fi, a media hub, a dedicated Club Lounge, and the latest in in-room technology.
- Hotel SystemsPro Appoints Daphne Dickson Vice President of Customer Satisfaction Wed, 23 Jul 2014 09:06:40 EST
Dickson Builds on 10 Years of Operations Experience; Heads Professional Support Division for Leading Web-Based Hospitality Solutions Provider
- Finnish Hospitality Chain Selects ERevMax for Online Expansion and Revenue Growth Wed, 23 Jul 2014 09:00:42 EST
5 Kotimaailma Apartments leverage RateTiger channel manager for rate and inventory management
- Hotel Industry Praises House Passage of Bill Reauthorizing Brand USA Wed, 23 Jul 2014 07:46:07 EST
The American Hotel & Lodging Association (AH&LA) issued the following statement commending passage of the Travel Promotion, Enhancement, and Modernization Act (H.R. 4450) by the House of Representatives on a vote of 347-57.