Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Wyndham Hotel Group Grows Ramada Brand with 20 Hotels in the UK Wed, 17 Dec 2014 11:05:31 EST
Newly signed agreement will see 20 properties developed over 10 years
- Hyatt Place Sorocaba and Hyatt Place Macaé to Open 2017 in Brazil Wed, 17 Dec 2014 10:38:52 EST
Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE:H) and FSA Group S.A. announced today that joint venture entities formed by Hyatt affiliates and FSA Group have entered into agreements to purchase two sites in Brazil to develop Hyatt Place Sorocaba and Hyatt Place Macaé.
- HVS Market Report - Dublin, Ireland By Louise F Fury and Arlett S Oehmichen (PDF Download) Wed, 17 Dec 2014 10:31:39 EST
Part of a series of articles that HVS produces with STR Global, this report provides a snapshot of the Dublin hotel market, including supply and demand, hotel performance and the latest hotel transactions in the market.
- Park Hyatt Toronto Sold for $90 Million USD Wed, 17 Dec 2014 10:23:56 EST
Oxford Properties Group and Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE:H) today announced that Oxford Properties has purchased the 346-room Park Hyatt Toronto hotel from a Hyatt affiliate for approximately $90 million USD or $260,000 USD per key, subject to certain adjustments.
- HVS Market Report Milan, Italy - By Ezio Poinelli and Paolo Buffa (PDF Download) Wed, 17 Dec 2014 10:19:10 EST
This article summarizes the recent tourism trends in Milan, Italy and depicts the likely impact EXPO 2015 will have on the city's tourism industry.
- Senior Appointments at Extended Stay America Wed, 17 Dec 2014 10:12:08 EST
Extended Stay America Appoints Jonathan Halkyard As Chief Financial Officer, Tom Bardenett As Chief Operating Officer and John Dent As General Counsel
- Hyatt Kāanapali Beach Opens in Hawaii Wed, 17 Dec 2014 10:07:52 EST
Hyatt Vacation Ownership (HVO) announced the highly anticipated opening of the luxury Hyatt Kāanapali Beach, a Hyatt Residence Club Resort. Located on one of Mauis most sought-after beaches, the 131-unit property joins 15 other upscale shared ownership resorts marketed and managed by HVO. The project is a joint venture with an affiliate of Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc.
- Manhattan's The Gershwin Hotel Rebranded As The Evelyn Wed, 17 Dec 2014 10:04:02 EST
Triumph Hotels has a collection of six boutique hotels located in Manhattan and is transforming The Gershwin Hotel into The Evelyn. The initial phase, which is nearing completion, includes new accommodations, enhanced guest services and cultural programming connected to the hotel's NoMad neighborhood location.
- Hyatt to Relocate Companys Global Headquarters to Chicagos West Loop Wed, 17 Dec 2014 09:55:26 EST
Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) yesterday announced that a subsidiary has signed a lease on new office space currently under construction at 150 N. Riverside Plaza in Chicago. Hyatts relocation of its global headquarters to the state-of-the-art facility brings together approximately 1,000 colleagues currently based in two separate buildings.
- Apple Hospitality REIT, Inc. Recommends Rejection of Unsolicited, Opportunistic Tender Offer by Affiliate of MacKenzie Capital Management, LP Wed, 17 Dec 2014 09:50:51 EST
Apple Hospitality REIT, Inc. has been notified of an unsolicited tender offer by an affiliate of MacKenzie Capital Management, LP to purchase up to 1,000,000 common shares of Apple Hospitality at a price of $7.25 per Share. The tender offer is limited to 1,000,000 Shares or less than 0.3% of Apple Hospitalitys outstanding Shares.
- InterContinental Hotels to Launch Two New European Properties Wed, 17 Dec 2014 09:48:23 EST
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) today announced the signing of two InterContinental Hotels in two focus markets in Europe. InterContinental Dublin will bring iconic luxury to Ireland, and InterContinental Baku represents the brand's debut in Azerbaijan.
- Hyatt Place Marathon/Florida Keys Opens Wed, 17 Dec 2014 09:45:07 EST
Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) and Spottswood Companies, Inc. announced the opening of Hyatt Place Marathon/Florida Keys, a 125-room hotel located at the historic Faro Blanco Resort and Yacht Club.
- New Canadian Travel Report Reveals Increased Spending by International Visitors During Summer 2014 Wed, 17 Dec 2014 09:42:29 EST
2014 Summer Travel Snapshot from TIAC and Visa shows US visitors are top spenders with visitors from China ranking second; Top spending categories include retail and lodging with full-service restaurant spending up 9.4%
- U.S. Hotels to Enjoy Well-above Average Levels of Revenue Growth Through 2018 Wed, 17 Dec 2014 09:16:51 EST
U.S. hotels have realized significant increases in occupancy, average daily rate (ADR), and top-line revenue over the past five years. Because of an improving economy, increased levels of international travel, a recovery in the total number of people working and limited supply growth in the majority of U.S. markets, PKF Hospitality Research (PKF-HR), a CBRE company, is forecasting a protracted period of prosperity for the U.S. lodging industry.
- 5 Ways to Drive, Capture, and Convert Reservation Demand for Greater Revenue Generation Wed, 17 Dec 2014 08:55:10 EST
The Direct Channel is Your Top Revenue Source; Two Leading Operators Discuss 5 Proven Strategies That Increase Direct Channel Success