Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- InterContinental Vientianeto Open 2021 in Laos Mon, 5 Dec 2016 14:01:23 EST
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has signed a management agreement with Lao International Development Co. Ltd. to open the first InterContinental hotel in Laos.
- Michael Dean Named Chief Development Officer Americas for Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group Mon, 5 Dec 2016 13:52:18 EST
Dean joins Carlson Rezidor from GE Capital, where he played a pivotal role in creating a construction lending program that resulted in significant sales growth. Prior to GE Capital, he served in strategic leadership roles at Saratoga Hotel Group, Intell Management & Investments and Rockgate.
- Marriott International Sells The St. Regis San Francisco Hotel for $175 Million Mon, 5 Dec 2016 13:38:19 EST
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) last week announced it has completed the sale of The St. Regis San Francisco hotel for approximately $175 million to Qatar Investment Authority (QIA). Marriott will continue to manage the hotel under a long-term management contract.
- American Hotel Income Properties REIT LP Announces Renewal of Six Long-Term Rail Crew Lodging Contracts to 2022 Mon, 5 Dec 2016 12:57:12 EST
The Contract Renewal encompasses three contracts maturing in 2016 and three contracts maturing in 2017, which cover six Oak Tree Inn hotels with a total of 432 guestrooms, or 11.1% of AHIP's total rail crew guestrooms.
- Wyndham Worldwide Achieves Perfect Score on Human Rights Campaigns Corporate Equality Index for Sixth Time Mon, 5 Dec 2016 12:38:52 EST
Consistently recognized as one of the 'Best Places to Work for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Equality
- 7 New Years Resolutions Travel Marketers Should Adopt - By Ashley Proceviat Mon, 5 Dec 2016 12:34:09 EST
The New Year isnt just about making goals for personal growth. Its about setting the groundwork to ensure that your business is set to reach new heights! Here are our top tips for making the most of 2017.
- Airbnb and New York City Settle Rental Law Lawsuit - VentureBeat Mon, 5 Dec 2016 11:43:41 EST
Airbnb and New York City said on Friday they had resolved a lawsuit brought by the company challenging a law it argued could expose it to significant penalties for advertising short-term apartment rentals.
- When a Direct Booking (Maybe) Isnt a Direct Booking - Tnooz Mon, 5 Dec 2016 11:34:48 EST
Where does the intermediarys relationship with the customer end and the airlines begin and what exactly is a direct booking? When you gather travel distribution execs together, inevitable discussions ensue around collaboration, emerging technologies and the power of Google and other companies including Facebook termed gatekeepers, but, a recent event sought to move the debate on a little.
- Outrigger Hotels Leverage Oracle Property Management to Elevate the Guest Experience Mon, 5 Dec 2016 11:27:50 EST
In a recent Oracle interview, Outriggers Alan White, Senior Vice President and CIO, discusses partnering with Oracle Hospitality for the long term with the aim of driving growth and maximizing opportunities in key tourism destinations across the Pacific, Australia and Asia.
- 111 Room Hilton Garden Inn Martinsburg Hotel Opens in West Virginia Mon, 5 Dec 2016 10:43:29 EST
Hilton Garden Inn Martinsburg is within driving distance of three major transportation outlets, Baltimore/Washington International, Washington Dulles International Airport and Washington National Airport.
- Customer Loyalty Through Neurocost - By Osvaldo Torres Cruz Mon, 5 Dec 2016 10:30:28 EST
The world of hospitality is full of essential concepts that determine the positive results to be obtained. One of them is, without a doubt, business competitiveness that arises from the constant growth of hotel chains and, consequently, from the number of offers to their main customer: the dearest guest.
- Hilton Board of Directors Approves Spinoff of Park Hotels & Resorts and Hilton Grand Vacations Mon, 5 Dec 2016 10:00:21 EST
Hilton shareholders to receive two shares of Park, one share of HGV for every 10 shares of Hilton; Hilton to effectuate 1-for-3 reverse stock split following distribution
- Marriott International Luxury Brands Group Launched Mon, 5 Dec 2016 09:27:57 EST
The Marriott International Luxury Brands group now includes the St. Regis, The Luxury Collection and W Hotels, The Ritz-Carlton, Ritz-Carlton Reserve, Bulgari Hotels & Resorts, EDITION and JW Marriott brands.
- ASKA Hotels Sees Tremendous Reputation Increase Through TrustYou Partnership Mon, 5 Dec 2016 09:20:33 EST
Direct Bookings, Online Reputation, Guest Feedback and Management Responsiveness Improved by Implementing TrustYous Guest Feedback Platform
- Meet the Hometown Host: Baymont and The Arc Reimagine Breakfast Furthering Opportunities for People with Disabilities Thu, 1 Dec 2016 15:24:32 EST
In a mission to boost breakfast experience for guests, community-focused hotel brand champions innovative collaboration with leading national advocate for people with disabilities