Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- RoomsTonite Continues Its Impressive Growth Trajectory Mon, 27 Apr 2015 18:46:21 EST
Mobile-based on demand hotel booking platform, RoomsTonite, delivers on its promise to create the largest network of last minute hotel deals in India and expects future global growth.
- Hilton Garden Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View Opens Mon, 27 Apr 2015 11:36:25 EST
Hilton Garden Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View is owned by CVR Hotel LLC, and managed by Crescent Hotels and Resorts, LLC. It is the brand's first property in Long Island City.
- Ritz-Carlton Jeddah Opening This Summer in Saudi Arabia Mon, 27 Apr 2015 11:19:53 EST
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, will open its second hotel in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in Jeddah late summer with The Ritz-Carlton, Jeddah.
- Marriott Launches Apple Watch App Mon, 27 Apr 2015 11:15:13 EST
Starting this April 24, members of the Marriott Rewards program who have purchased the Apple Watch will be able to access Marriotts mobile app for check-in and checkout, automatic receipt of room ready alerts, booking and review of reservations and detailed directions to the hotel. Guests can easily enroll in Marriott Rewards at no charge.
- Grand Bohemian Hotel Charleston to Open This Summer Mon, 27 Apr 2015 11:11:41 EST
The Kessler Collection, a portfolio of 10 artistically-inspired boutique hotels and restaurants, announces it's debut in South Carolina, with the opening of Grand Bohemian Hotel Charleston in Summer 2015.
- Canadian Mobile Hotel Bookings Increased Upwards of 80 Percent in 2014 Mon, 27 Apr 2015 11:04:08 EST
The majority of Canadians booking on mobile devices, more than four-fifths, made reservations at two- or three-star hotels. The data also showed that Canadian travellers are using their devices for all types of bookings, whether it's staying local, exploring Europe, backpacking in Asia or touring Latin America.
- Las Vegas Sands First Quarter 2015 Revenues Decline 24.9 Percent Mon, 27 Apr 2015 10:37:53 EST
Net revenue for the first quarter of 2015 decreased 24.9% to $3.01 billion, compared to $4.01 billion in the first quarter of 2014. Consolidated adjusted property EBITDA of $1.05 billion decreased 29.0% in the first quarter of 2015, compared to the year-ago quarter. On a hold-normalized basis, adjusted property EBITDA decreased 25.2% to $1.02 billion in the first quarter of 2015.
- New Fairmont and Swissôtel Projects Announced for Eqypt Mon, 27 Apr 2015 10:09:36 EST
FRHI Hotels & Resorts (FRHI), the parent company of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts and Raffles Hotels & Resorts, today announced the development of two new hotel projects in Egypt while also releasing new details of its previously announced tri-brand hotel development in Sharm El Sheikh.
- Boulders Resort & Spa Joins Curio A Collection by Hilton Portfolio Mon, 27 Apr 2015 10:05:00 EST
The property will undergo a significant remodeling and upgrade by award-winning design firm DiLEONARDO. On 1,300 acres in the lush Sonoran Desert foothills north of Scottsdale, Arizona, Boulders Resort & Spa is an extraordinary desert hideaway surrounded by 12 million-year-old boulder formations that dot the landscape.
- Hotel History - Palmer House, Chicago, Illinois (1871) Mon, 27 Apr 2015 09:55:38 EST
Nobody Asked Me, But... No. 140 - By Stanley Turkel, CMHS
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Joins the White Houses UpSkill America Program Mon, 27 Apr 2015 09:29:17 EST
Starwood Expands and Enhances Its Associate Development Program to Further Elevate Employees Skills and Earning Potential
- Wyndham Worldwide Named to DiversityIncs Top 50 Companies for Diversity for Third Year Mon, 27 Apr 2015 09:22:48 EST
Global hospitality company also named as one of the top 10 companies for Supplier Diversity, Global Diversity, and Diversity Councils.
- Stick with the Convention, Meetings and Events Business! - By John Hendrie Mon, 27 Apr 2015 09:07:29 EST
We have been falling over each other in the lodging business, trying to capture that illusive Guest Experience and sell it. Smaller operations, like Inns, boutique properties and Bed and Breakfasts can readily do this with outreach into their compelling communities (all are interesting in some fashion).
- March Hotel Biz Analytics Predict a Bright Outlook for US Hoteliers Fri, 24 Apr 2015 20:00:35 EST
Future business activity in U.S. hotels rose in March according to the latest reading of the Hotels' future business conditions (HIL) indicator. e−forecasting.com's HIL, a composite indicator that gauges future monthly overall business conditions in the U.S. hotel industry, increased by 0.1% in March to 115.5, following a decline of 0.1% in February. The index is set to equal 100 in 2005.
- Time to Upgrade Your Hotel Revenue Management Capabilities? Heres What You Need to Know. Fri, 24 Apr 2015 09:34:46 EST
According to research conducted by Starfleet Media, the implementation of Hospitality Revenue Management results in a 10 percent average increase in revenue per available room (RevPAR) for large and very large hotels, potentially translating into millions of dollars in additional profit for these companies.