Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Cachet Hotel Group Expands In Asia With Cachet Hotel Apartments And URBN Boutique Hotel In Wuhan, China Wed, 28 Sep 2016 18:33:39 EST
Cachet Hotel Group (CHG) announced today the signing of a management agreement with real estate developer Wuhan King Land Co. Ltd. for the dual-branded Cachet Hotel Apartments and URBN Boutique Hotel in Wuhan, China.
- Hotel Industry in the Central/South America Region Reports 2.9 Percent RevPAR Growth for August 2016 Wed, 28 Sep 2016 18:25:58 EST
Compared with August 2015, the Central/South America region reported nearly flat occupancy (-0.4% to 70.1%). Average daily rate (ADR), however, increased 3.3% to US$125.13, and revenue per available room (RevPAR) grew 2.9% to US$87.69.
- Virgin Hotels Announces Hotel for Milpitas, California Wed, 28 Sep 2016 18:24:39 EST
Virgin Hotels, the lifestyle hotel brand by Virgin Group founder Sir Richard Branson, has announced plans to open and operate a new hotel in Milpitas, California, within a new neighborhood development of top tier residential and retail stores called 'The Fields.'
- Hotel Occupancy in the European Region Drops 1.5 Percent to 75.8 Percent for July August Wed, 28 Sep 2016 18:20:24 EST
Compared with August 2015, Europe reported an occupancy decrease of 1.5% to 75.8%. Average daily rate (ADR) was flat at EUR115.94. Revenue per available room (RevPAR) dipped 1.5% to EUR87.88.
- Cheap Commodities: How Hotels Have Become Pork Bellies Wed, 28 Sep 2016 18:16:27 EST
From an outside point-of-view, a hotel should be anything but a commodity. After all, guests should be placing high value on a product that involves their most intimate and private moments. They take showers in the bathroom, sleep in the beds, take private phone calls, and yes, even walk around au naturel.
- Hotel California Kurfurstendamm Centralizes Online Distribution with RTConnect Wed, 28 Sep 2016 09:38:58 EST
Leverages 2-way connectivity to expand visibility
- The Right Property Management System is Key to Hotel Success, According to Latest Industry Research Wed, 28 Sep 2016 09:21:42 EST
Starfleet Research, the leading provider of best practices IT market research for the hospitality industry, last month announced the release of The 2016 Smart Decision Guide to Hotel Property Management Systems. It is now available for complimentary access.
- 7 Serious Themes Shaking Up Travel and Hospitality Wed, 28 Sep 2016 09:06:05 EST
The Marriott-Starwood deal just concluded and Amazon Alexa forays into the UK with Skyscanner integrated as its flight search engine, we consider some other big picture trends
- Hotel Live Chat Best Practices and Etiquette for a Better Hotel Guest Experience Wed, 28 Sep 2016 08:24:41 EST
Lodging Interactive, the leading digital marketing and social media engagement agency exclusively serving the hospitality industry, puts out its top 5 tips for hotel Live Chat Best Practices.
- AccorHotels Launches JO&JOE Hotel Brand Tue, 27 Sep 2016 09:53:52 EST
JO&JOE aims to expand rapidly by opening 50 venues by 2020, with locations including Paris and Bordeaux (2018) as well as Warsaw, Budapest, Rio and São Paulo.
- Moxy Hotel Opens in Berlin Tue, 27 Sep 2016 09:43:42 EST
Moxy Berlin joins Moxy Frankfurt Eschborn and Moxy Munich Airport as the Moxy's third hotel in Germany, and the brand's sixth hotel globally.
- Hotel Occupancy in the Middle East Region Up 2.3 Percent to 65.2 Percent for August 2016 Tue, 27 Sep 2016 09:36:54 EST
Compared with August 2015, the Middle East recorded a 2.3% rise in occupancy to 65.2%. However, average daily rate (ADR) was down 5.4% to US$141.89, and revenue per available room (RevPAR) fell 3.3% to US$92.54.
- Dual-Branded AC Hotels By Marriott and Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts 'Tops Off' Construction In Downtown Denver Tue, 27 Sep 2016 09:32:25 EST
This is the first collaborative project from Marriott International's AC Hotels and Le Méridien brands following the merger with Starwood Hotels & Resorts which completed Friday, September 23.
- Baker & Mckenzie's View - Branded Residences Developments in Asia Tue, 27 Sep 2016 09:28:37 EST
Exploring the complex and potentially lucrative relationship between developers, residential owners and operators
- Hotel Occupancy in the Asia Pacific Region Down 1.2 Percent to 73.3 Percent for August 2016 Tue, 27 Sep 2016 09:23:46 EST
Compared with August 2015, the Asia Pacific region reported a 1.2% increase in occupancy to 73.3%. However, average daily rate (ADR) dropped 2.0% to US$98.38, and revenue per available room (RevPAR) dipped 0.8% to US$72.11.