Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta to Unveil Largest Convention Center in Riviera Nayarit Fri, 28 Aug 2015 10:58:58 EST
All Inclusive Collection is scheduled to unveil the brand new, 12,900 sq. ft. Sanctuary Convention Center to Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta in Fall 2015. The Sanctuary Convention Center will be the largest convention center ever built in Riviera Nayarit, tripling Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta's current meeting and event space to nearly 20,0000 sq. ft.
- Waldorf Astoria Chicago Sale Arranged by JLL Fri, 28 Aug 2015 10:55:40 EST
JLL's Hotels & Hospitality Group announced that the firm arranged the sale of the 189-room, Waldorf Astoria Chicago. JLL also secured acquisition financing on behalf of the buyer.
- Deloitte Perspectives - Strategy, Not Technology, Drives Digital Transformation Fri, 28 Aug 2015 10:48:25 EST
The fourth annual research study by MIT Sloan Management Review and Deloitte probes executives views of what drives digital transformation. The report is based on responses from 4,800 business executives across 27 industries and 129 countries, and incorporates interviews with executives and thought leaders from a number of industries.
- Hotel Occupancy in the Asia Pacific Region Up 2.1% to 70.7% for July 2015 Fri, 28 Aug 2015 10:26:07 EST
Compared to July 2014, the Asia Pacific region reported a 2.1% increase in occupancy to 70.7%, a 1.1% rise in average daily rate to US$105.12 and a 3.2% increase in revenue per available room to US$74.34.
- Creative Capital: Financing Hotels Via EB-5 Fri, 28 Aug 2015 10:20:54 EST
A federal program that encourages foreign residents to invest in U.S. projects can create distortions in the hotel development cycle, according to a study published by the Center for Hospitality Research (CHR) at Cornell University.
- Hotel Occupancy in the Middle East And Africa Region Up 12.1% to 55.1% for July 2015 Fri, 28 Aug 2015 10:16:00 EST
Compared to July 2014, the Middle East/Africa region reported a 12.1% increase in occupancy to 55.1%, a 5.3% rise in average daily rate to US$159.10 and an 18.1% increase in revenue per available room to US$87.69.
- Scandic's Mobile Hotel Room Coming to New York Fri, 28 Aug 2015 10:13:07 EST
On September 23, the North Food Festival, a weeklong event dedicated to Nordic cuisine, will kick off in New Yorks West Village and Scandic will be on site with its mobile hotel room, Scandic To Go.
- CareerBuilder Survey Looks at How Career Expectations Differ Between the Current and Future Workforce Fri, 28 Aug 2015 10:07:53 EST
High school students nearly three times as likely as current workers to say they need to make $200,000 or more to feel successful - High school students significantly more likely to associate success with the ability to make a positive impact on peoples lives
- Hotel Occupancy in the European Region Up 5.1% to 77.3% for July 2015 Fri, 28 Aug 2015 10:05:53 EST
Compared to July 2014, Europe reported a 5.1% increase in occupancy to 77.3%, an 8.0% increase in average daily rate to EUR117.70 and a 13.5% increase in revenue per available room to EUR90.93.
- UK-based Henley Signs $100 Million Deal for Five New WaterWalk Hotel Apartments Across East Coast Fri, 28 Aug 2015 09:59:34 EST
UK-based private equity real estate firm, Henley, has joined forces with WaterWalk Hotel Apartments, Jack DeBoers fifth national brand, to construct and open five WaterWalk franchises across Florida, North Carolina, and New York. As part of the $100 million agreement, Henley has selected individual sites in Albany, Charlotte, Fort Lauderdale, and North Orlando, with construction starts slated for January 2016.
- Hotel Occupancy in the Americas Region Up 2.2% to 74.8% for July 2015 Fri, 28 Aug 2015 09:53:12 EST
Compared to July 2014, the Americas region reported a 2.2% increase in occupancy to 74.8%, a 5.8% increase in average daily rate to US$124.78 and an 8.2% increase in revenue per available room to US$93.37.
- Next-Generation Property Management Solutions: New Guide Offers Roadmap for Success Fri, 28 Aug 2015 09:41:00 EST
The 2015 Smart Decision Guide to Hotel Property Management Systems details the buying considerations and provides an evaluation framework for making the right purchase decision.
- 4 Easy Ways to Maximise Social Media Using Your Internet Booking Engine Fri, 28 Aug 2015 09:39:33 EST
There is good news for hotels aspiring to attract, reach and convert global guests without the need to remortgage or sell vital organs to fund marketing and promotional campaigns.
- Hotel Industry Opposes NLRB Joint-Employer Decision Thu, 27 Aug 2015 15:08:43 EST
The American Hotel & Lodging Association (AH&LA) issued the following statement following the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) decision in the Browning-Ferris Industries of California case, which greatly expands the definition of joint-employer and undermines franchise owners control over their businesses.
- Hotel Price Index Reveals Midwest, Southwest and Western Cities Are Surging Domestically Thu, 27 Aug 2015 12:58:49 EST
While the Top 10 U.S. destinations for American travelers remained largely the same as the first half of 2014, several Southwest and Midwest destinations rose in popularity. After seeing record-breaking crowds this year, the Grand Canyon region made the biggest jump in the rankings from outside the Top 50 to #45.