Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Bulgari Hotel In Moscow Announced for 2019 Fri, 27 May 2016 10:56:13 EST
Bulgari Hotels and Resorts signed an agreement today with Russian investor Alexey Bogachev to bring the luxury hospitality brand to Moscow. Moscow-based real estate development company Storm Properties is developer of the project. Plans for the Bulgari Hotel in Moscow have been announced, and it is expected to open in 2019.
- Knowledge@Wharton - An Imperfect Test: The Problem with Job Performance Appraisals Thu, 26 May 2016 13:46:24 EST
New Wharton research takes a closer look at the usefulness and accuracy of performance reviews with some surprising results.
- Bosses in the Western U.S. Receive Higher Praise from Their Employees Thu, 26 May 2016 13:42:06 EST
62 percent of employees across the country grade their bosses performance as either an A or B - 23 percent of employees in the Northeast give their bosses an 'A', versus 32 percent of employees in the West - More than a third of employees (38 percent) have left a job because of a boss
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody Hotel Opens Thu, 26 May 2016 13:31:26 EST
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody is nearby popular area attractions including Perimeter Center Mall, LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta, and the Atlanta History Center. The hotel is a 30 minute drive from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
- Thomas Gisler Promoted to Director of Food & Beverage for Cornell's Statler Hotel Thu, 26 May 2016 13:23:43 EST
Gisler had served as executive chef of the Statler since 2005. In his expanded role, he will leverage his substantial culinary wisdom and experience as he oversees both front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house food-and-beverage (F&B) operations at the hotel.
- Iberostar Hotels to Open Hotels in New York City and Miami Thu, 26 May 2016 12:33:35 EST
Iberostar Hotels & Resorts will make its debut in the United States with the opening of two new hotels in New York City and Miami as part of the company's commitment to expanding its reach to the U.S. market.
- Red Roof Opens Second International Location in Vitoria, Brazil Thu, 26 May 2016 12:09:04 EST
Red Roof opened its first international location in Curitiba, Brazil on September 1, 2015 in partnership with the Brazil-based Nobile Hoteis. Red Roof Franchising, LLC is working with Nobile to develop 35-40 properties - new builds and conversions - across the country over the next twenty-five years.
- Westgate Resorts Acquires Wakulla Suites in Cocoa Beach, Fla Thu, 26 May 2016 12:06:42 EST
The 120-room resort will soon undergo significant renovations and operate as a boutique-style beachside hotel and vacation ownership resort. The property will remain open throughout the renovation.
- US Hotel Occupancy Down 0.9 Percent to 70.7 Percent Week Ending May 21st - 2016 Thu, 26 May 2016 11:53:49 EST
Average daily rate up 2.7 Percent to US$125.76
- Canadian Hotel Occupancy Up 6.3 Percent to 70.2 Percent For Week Ending 21 May 2016 Thu, 26 May 2016 11:50:17 EST
Revenue per available room up 6.6 Percent to CAD$102.19
- Venza Engages Puzzle Partner to Increase Brand Awareness and Solidify Thought Leadership Presence Thu, 26 May 2016 11:46:41 EST
Puzzle Partner Ltd., today announced that they have welcomed new client Venza, the leading global provider of solutions that enable hospitality organizations to mitigate data security vulnerabilities and ensure compliance. As the company expands its brand and scope of offerings for hotels over the course of 2016, Puzzle Partner will support messaging, content and public relations strategies for Venza.
- The Townsend Hotel Selects Saflok, Extends Long-Term Partnership with Kaba Thu, 26 May 2016 11:38:23 EST
Historic Luxury Hotel Focuses on Guest Convenience with Installation of Kaba RFID Electronic Door Locks from Trusted Tech Provider
- LondonHouse Chicago Hotel Opens May 26 Thu, 26 May 2016 11:33:06 EST
Oxford Capital Groups wholly owned management affiliate Oxford Hotels & Resorts and Curio A Collection by Hilton announce the opening of LondonHouse Chicago at the corner of North Michigan Avenue and Wacker Drive.
- Cheeca Lodge & Spa Website Relaunch Boosts Revenues by over 80% Thu, 26 May 2016 11:02:21 EST
Situated in Islamorada, Cheeca Lodge & Spa is a tropical paradise, perfect for every type of getaway. The property worked with HeBS Digital to relaunch their website with the goals of improving user experience, increasing page visits and increasing both bookings and revenue from their desktop and mobile sites. The result is a user-friendly, visually appealing newly launched site, optimized for the three screens and focused on driving direct bookings.
- HSMAI Names Revenue Management Professionals of the Year, Vanguard Award Honoree for 2016 Wed, 25 May 2016 12:46:58 EST
The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) is honored to name Christian Boerger, CRME, corporate director of revenue strategy, Pacific Hospitality Group, as its Corporate Revenue Management Professional of the Year and Emily Bowen, CRME, director of revenue, reservation and distribution, Penn State Hospitality Services, as its Single/Multi-unit Revenue Management Professional of the Year. These awards are co-presented by Rainmaker.