Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Cle Elum Travelers in Cle Elum, Washington Closed by Crystal Investment Property, LLC Wed, 1 Oct 2014 14:40:47 EST
Crystal Investment Property, LLC, a member of Hotel Brokers International, announced the successful sale of the Cle Elum Travelers Inn in Cle Elum, Washington. Crystal Investment Property, LLC, a licensed Washington State broker, represented both parties in the sale.
- TravelClick Wins 44 Awards for Excellence in Web Design at the Web Marketing Associations WebAwards, W3 & the Travel Weekly Magellan Awards Wed, 1 Oct 2014 14:17:55 EST
TravelClick Continues to Win More Awards Year-Over-Year at Prestigious Global Competitions
- Carlson Rezidor Announces First Radisson Blu Hotels in Uganda & Ghana and Further Strengthens Leading Position in Africa Wed, 1 Oct 2014 10:05:03 EST
With 30 hotels under development, the group holds the largest pipeline on the continent.
- Morgans Hotel Group Redefines The London Hotel Market With The Opening Of Mondrian London At Sea Containers Wed, 1 Oct 2014 09:55:45 EST
The first Mondrian-branded hotel outside the United States, Mondrian London at Sea Containers represents the evolution of the Mondrian brand.
- Hilton Worldwide Opens First DoubleTree by Hilton in Queensland Wed, 1 Oct 2014 09:36:05 EST
The 237-room Cairns hotel, formerly a Holiday Inn, occupies an exceptional waterfront location on the Coral Sea in the vibrant city of Cairns.
- Marriott International Launches Global Creative and Content Marketing Studio Wed, 1 Oct 2014 06:19:35 EST
Marriott International, Inc. has announced the formation of a new global content studio - comprised of content development, production and distribution teams -dedicated to publishing, distributing and sharing digital and filmed content across film, television, online, digital and print distribution platforms.
- What the Multi-Screen, Multi-Channel Reality Means for Hoteliers - By Joey Egan Wed, 1 Oct 2014 06:17:31 EST
This past year, we saw the rise of mobile, as travel shoppers constantly shifted between devices and channels to research travel online. For the first time, hotel-related travel inquiries fell on PCs but rose on tablets by 180% and on mobile by 68%.
- The Knowland Group Announces New President and Chief Executive Officer, Tim Hart Wed, 1 Oct 2014 06:12:49 EST
Business intelligence in the group meetings marketplace to be redefined
- Cornerstone Hospitality Adds Three Virginia Properties to Their Portfolio Tue, 30 Sep 2014 19:28:11 EST
Cornerstone Hospitality announced today the addition of the Hampton Inn and Sleep Inn & Suites, located in Stony Creek, Virginia and Comfort Inn, South Hill, Virginia to their portfolio.
- Element Orlando is Slated to Debut in July 2016 Tue, 30 Sep 2014 18:35:42 EST
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT) today announced that its Element brand plans to open a third hotel in Florida, less than a mile from Universal Studios Orlando. Element Orlando is slated to debut in July 2016, following next years opening of both Element Orlando North and Element Miami Doral.
- Chesapeake Lodging Trust Sells Courtyard Anaheim at Disneyland Resort Tue, 30 Sep 2014 18:33:33 EST
Chesapeake Lodging Trust (NYSE:CHSP) announced today that it has closed on the previously announced sale of the Courtyard Anaheim at Disneyland Resort for a sale price of $32.5 million, or $212,000 per key.
- The Castle Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Dalian Opens in China Tue, 30 Sep 2014 18:22:40 EST
Dalian. Owned by the Dalian Yifang Group and managed by Starwood Hotels & Resorts, The Castle Hotel marks The Luxury Collections first hotel in Liaoning, China.
- Michael Singer Named Area General Manager of Toronto Properties for Novotel North America Tue, 30 Sep 2014 18:18:11 EST
Novotel North America has announced the promotion of Michael Singer to Area General Manager of all Toronto Novotel hotels. Currently General Manager of Novotel North York and a 25-year veteran of Accor, the world's leading hotel operator, Singer will oversee all Novotel operations in the Toronto area.
- 124 Room Value Place Opens New Hotel in Grand Junction, Colorado Tue, 30 Sep 2014 18:15:00 EST
Value Place has announced the grand opening of a newly constructed hotel in Grand Junction, Colorado, located at 651 Market Street. This is the brands fifth hotel in the state, joining Value Place hotels in Denver, Fort Collins, and Colorado Springs.
- W Marrakech Announced for 2017 Tue, 30 Sep 2014 18:08:56 EST
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT) today announced that it will launch the W brand in Marrakech in 2017 with the opening of W Marrakech. Owned by Morocco-based Menatlas 14 S.A., the 148-room hotel will be located in the citys dynamic Hivernage district.