Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Could Hotel Cancellation Fees Be On The Rise? - BoardingArea Thu, 26 Nov 2015 09:41:03 EST
The hotel industry has been doing quite well overall, with pretty high occupancy and room rates across most regions. Of course theyre always aiming to do better, and earlier this year we saw some of the major chains implement new policies to deal with room cancellations.
- Hampton by Hilton in Lodz Announced for 2018 Thu, 26 Nov 2015 09:27:32 EST
Hilton Worldwide (NYSE: HLT) has reached a franchise agreement with VHM Management Sp. z o.o. to open a second hotel in the city of Lodz. Construction has begun of a mixed tower block on Piotrowska Street which will see the 149 guest room Hampton by Hilton Lodz open in early 2018.
- US Hotel Occupancy Up 3.7 Percent to 63.1 Percent Week Ending November 21st - 2015 Thu, 26 Nov 2015 09:21:30 EST
Average daily rate up 3.8 Percent to US$116.26
- Get the Report - The State of Hotel Search and Bookings Thu, 26 Nov 2015 09:06:18 EST
What were the seasonal and regional shifts in hotel search? How are hotel booking lead times changing? What are the top 10 hotel cities searched in each region of the world? What are the implications of these trends for hotel marketers?
- Hotel Bookings: Research Shows Two Major Booking Behaviour Changes Rising Among Guests Thu, 26 Nov 2015 09:00:13 EST
A new report from travel data experts, Sojern, reveals that two major behaviour shifts are rising in the hotel and travel bookings space, as consumers have more tools and technology at their disposal, than ever before.
- Canadian Hotel Occupancy Drops 6.9 Percent to 61.6 Percent For Week Ending 21 November 2015 Thu, 26 Nov 2015 08:47:32 EST
Revenue per available room down 7.0 Percent to CAD$82.77
- AARP Unveils the 2016 Top 7 Travel Trends for Baby Boomers Wed, 25 Nov 2015 11:40:40 EST
A new survey released today from AARP Travel provides some great insight into how Americans want to get away in 2016, from desired destinations to lodging options to favorite trip planning tools.
- The Ritz-Carlton St. Thomas Sold For $64 Million Wed, 25 Nov 2015 11:21:56 EST
Ashford Hospitality Prime, Inc. (NYSE: AHP) yesterday announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire the award-winning 180-room Ritz-Carlton St. Thomas for $64 million ($355,000 per key) from Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR).
- Tropicana Entertainment Announces Plans for Multi-Million Dollar Land Based Gaming Development at Tropicana Evansville Wed, 25 Nov 2015 11:16:17 EST
The new casino would be situated on land owned by Tropicana between its existing hotels, Tropicana Evansville Hotel and the LeMerigot Hotel, and would replace Tropicana's current riverboat casino.
- Hotel North Woods in Lake Placid Joins Ascend Hotel Collection Wed, 25 Nov 2015 11:13:09 EST
The hotel is located at 2520 Main St, Lake Placid, New York and is the only lodging property in Lake Placid where you can see all five Olympic venues from the past two Winter Olympic Games that were hosted there.
- HVS Update - Four Key Takeaways 2015 North America Tourism & Hospitality Investment Conference (NATHIC) Wed, 25 Nov 2015 11:08:54 EST
Foreign Direct Investment in U.S. enterprises has doubled over the past 15 years, a sign of investor confidence in American real estate, including hotels. The NATHIC event also spoke to what moves will set hoteliers ahead in the current market.
- Hotel Occupancy in the Middle East And Africa Region Increases 4.6 Percent to 67.4 Percent for October 2015 Wed, 25 Nov 2015 11:01:26 EST
Compared to October 2014, the Middle East subcontinent reported a 4.6% decrease in occupancy to 67.4%, a 12.3% drop in average daily rate to US$200.66 and a 16.3% decline in revenue per available room to US$135.24.
- AHLEI Publishes New Edition of Managing Technology in the Hospitality Industry Wed, 25 Nov 2015 10:55:14 EST
This textbook provides an overview of the information needs of lodging properties and food service establishments. Readers will learn the basics of purchasing, implementing, maintaining, and managing a variety of technology systems used in hospitality. This edition has been updated with new information on gesture interfacing, multicore processors, PCI DSS with regard to POS systems, and a new section on tablet POS systems.
- Diamond Resorts International to Acquire Intrawest Resort Club Group for $85 Million Wed, 25 Nov 2015 10:49:30 EST
Diamond Resorts International, Inc. (NYSE:DRII), announced today that it has entered into a definitive agreement to purchase Intrawest Resort Club Group from Intrawest Resorts Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SNOW) for $85 million, subject to certain closing date adjustments.
- Hotel Occupancy in the Asia Pacific Region Up 0.8 Percent to 71.7 Percent for October 2015 Wed, 25 Nov 2015 09:43:22 EST
Compared to October 2014, the Asia Pacific region reported a 0.8% increase in occupancy to 71.7%, a 1.7% rise in average daily rate to US$113.50 and a 2.6% increase in RevPAR to US$81.42.