Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Clyde Min Named Area General Manager for Outrigger Resorts Fri, 26 Aug 2016 12:59:56 EST
Outrigger Resorts has appointed hospitality veteran Clyde Min to the new position of area general manager for the two Outrigger beachfront properties: Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort and Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort, while taking direct responsibility for Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort as its general manager.
- London Hotel Prices Drop by 16% During August Fri, 26 Aug 2016 12:58:34 EST
London hotel prices at their lowest since March
- Hotel Industry in the Central/South America Region Reports 4.7 Percent RevPAR Growth for July 2016 Fri, 26 Aug 2016 12:43:18 EST
Compared with July 2015, the Central/South America region reported a 4.9% decrease in occupancy to 56.7%. Average daily rate (ADR), however, increased 10.1% to US$89.84, and revenue per available room (RevPAR) grew 4.7% to US$50.93.
- IHG Expands in Germany with % Hotel Signings Fri, 26 Aug 2016 12:39:57 EST
The new developments will be in three federal states across the country and reflect IHGs successful strategy in the region, one of the key drivers being working with Multiple Development Agreement (MDA) partners to place properties in the right locations where there is guest demand.
- Jacque Riley Named Brand Director for Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Europe Thu, 25 Aug 2016 13:09:08 EST
Jacque joins IHG within Europe from the Kimpton team in the US, where she was Director of Communications for East USA, based in Washington DC.
- Hilton Garden Inn Chengdu Huayang Hotel Opens in Sichuan Province Thu, 25 Aug 2016 12:44:19 EST
Hilton Garden Inn yesterday announced the opening of Hilton Garden Inn Chengdu Huayang, which is owned by Huayinda Real Estate Co., Ltd and managed by Hilton Worldwide. The 202-room Hilton Garden Inn Chengdu Huayang is the brand's first of Hilton Worldwide's pipeline of six Hilton Garden Inn branded hotels to open in the city.
- EVEN Hotels Brooklyn Hotel Opens in New York City Thu, 25 Aug 2016 12:27:18 EST
Located at 46 Nevins Street in Downtown Brooklyn, the hotel is also adjacent to IHG's Holiday Inn Brooklyn Downtown which opened in April.
- Hotel Occupancy in the European Region Essentially Flat at 76.7 Percent for July 2016 Thu, 25 Aug 2016 12:18:20 EST
Compared with July 2015, Europe reported nearly flat occupancy (-0.4% to 76.7%). However, average daily rate was up 3.9% to EUR118.80, and revenue per available room increased 3.5% to EUR91.17.
- Potential Data Security Incident at Millennium Hotels & Resorts North America Thu, 25 Aug 2016 12:02:32 EST
Millennium Hotels & Resorts North America (MHR) has become aware of a data security incident involving food and beverage point of sale systems at 14 of its hotels in the United States.
- Hilton to Launch Two New Brands to Kuwait at The Avenues Mall Thu, 25 Aug 2016 11:58:40 EST
Conrad Hotels & Resorts and Hilton Garden Inn hotels part of $900 million fourth phase expansion of Kuwaits largest mall
- John Allanson Named General Manager for the Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort Thu, 25 Aug 2016 11:55:49 EST
Allanson also spent two years as resort manager in the Maldives at the Six Senses Laamu Resort and Spa, a property with 97 villas. For much of his career, Allanson has been a general manager, or in senior management positions including food and beverage, in various high-end UK country hotels, many of them with a spa facility.
- Hotel Occupancy in the Middle East Region Up 4.8 Percent to 58.0 Percent for July 2016 Thu, 25 Aug 2016 11:38:21 EST
Compared with July 2015, the Middle East recorded a 4.8% rise in occupancy to 58.0%. However, average daily rate (ADR) was down 15.9% to US$161.82, and revenue per available room (RevPAR) fell 11.9% to US$93.88.
- Hotel Occupancy in the Asia Pacific Region Up 2.8 Percent to 72.1 Percent for July 2016 Thu, 25 Aug 2016 11:32:17 EST
Compared with July 2015, the Asia Pacific region reported a 2.8% increase in occupancy to 72.1%. Average daily rate (ADR) was nearly flat (-0.3% to US$96.62), while revenue per available room (RevPAR) grew 2.4% to US$69.68.
- Embassy Suites Minneapolis Downtown Hotel Opens Thu, 25 Aug 2016 11:16:56 EST
Embassy Suites Minneapolis Downtown is located in the historic Plymouth Building, an iconic landmark building listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Situated in the citys Central Business and Warehouse District, the 290-suite hotel is directly linked to the Minneapolis Skyway System for a quick walk to offices, restaurants, shops, nightlife and both the Target Center and Target Field, home of the Timberwolves and Twins, respectively.
- Aloft Hotels Unveils Voice-Activated Hotel Rooms Thu, 25 Aug 2016 11:08:28 EST
Guests Can Control Temperature, Lighting and More Simply By Using 'Hey Siri' - Aloft Boston Seaport and Aloft Santa Clara Offer Guests Access to In-Room iPad