Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- LEED Certification Boosts Hotel Revenue Thu, 31 Jul 2014 12:22:39 EST
A new study from Cornell University has found that hotels gain a revenue benefit when they are certified under the LEED sustainable building program.
- One in Five Companies Have Replaced Workers with Technology Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:59:51 EST
Is automation a job killer or creator? Both, according to new research from CareerBuilder and Economic Modeling Specialists Intl (EMSI). In a nationwide survey, one in five companies (21 percent) reported they have deskilled workers, i.e., replaced employees with automation. Among companies with more than 500 employees, the number is 30 percent.
- US Hotel Occupancy Up 3.7% to 77.9% Week Ending July 26th - 2014 Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:46:57 EST
ADR Up 5.9% to US$119.17
- Canadian Hotel Occupancy Up 2.2% to 77.3% For Week Ending 26 July 2014 Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:43:49 EST
Revenue per available room increases 5.9% to CAD$110.30
- Hyatt Reports Quarter 2014 Comparable Systemwide RevPAR Increased 5.5% Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:40:30 EST
Adjusted EBITDA was $231 million in the second quarter of 2014 compared to $212 million in the second quarter of 2013, an increase of 9.0%.
- Radisson Hotel Santa Marta Begins Construction in Colombia Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:38:01 EST
Radisson today announced the signing of the Radisson Hotel Santa Marta in partnership with Radisson Hotels International Latin America which will be located at Road 3 #130-60 on Bello Horizonte Beach in Santa Marta, Colombia. The ultra-modern style, 88-room oceanfront hotel will begin construction immediately.
- FelCor Second Quarter Same-store Adjusted EBITDA Increased 17% Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:35:00 EST
Adjusted EBITDA increased $4.6 million to $69.2 million, and Same-store Adjusted EBITDA increased $9.9 million, or 17.3%, to $67.0 million.
- What Does the New Google Pigeon Update Mean for Your Hotel? Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:32:55 EST
The Pigeon update is obviously focused on local results, but what does this mean for your hotel? It seems the answer may depend on two factors: if you are an independent or branded property, and how well you are represented in the major local directories, OTAs and Google+ Business Listings (now also known as Google My Business).
- Millennial Travelers Rate Unique Experiences and Rewards As Crucial when Choosing a Hotel Loyalty Program Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:23:10 EST
Two-thirds (66 percent) of millennial high-frequency travelers rate unique rewards as an important factor when choosing a hotel loyalty program, compared with just 43 percent of their older counterparts, according to a new Deloitte study, Winning the Race for Guest Loyalty.
- Indian Hotel Chain Improves Online Sales with ERevMax Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:16:43 EST
GreenPark Hotels & Resorts experiences higher occupancy and revenue through effective rate and inventory distribution with RateTiger
- Extended Stay America Second Quarter 2014 Revenue Increased 9.6% Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:09:13 EST
Revenue increased 9.6% to $321.9 million - RevPAR grew 9.4% to $45.69
- Amsterdam is the European Destination of Choice This Summer Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:07:21 EST
Amsterdam is proving to be the European destination of choice this summer with hotel committed occupancy in the month of August at an average of 54.8 per cent. The first weekend of the month (the nights of Friday 1 and Saturday 2 August) currently has almost three quarters of all hotel rooms filled 71.3 per cent and 74.8 per cent respectively.
- Diamond Resorts International, Inc. Quarter 2014 Total Revenue Up 20.2% Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:04:10 EST
otal revenue increased $35.1 million, or 20.2%, to $209.0 million for the second quarter of 2014 from $173.9 million for the second quarter of 2013.
- Belmond Ltd. Second Quarter 2014 Revenues Up 3% Thu, 31 Jul 2014 08:58:14 EST
Total revenue in the second quarter of 2014 was $178.0 million, up $5.1 million or 3% from $172.9 million in the second quarter of 2013. Total hotels revenue for the second quarter was $150.7 million, an increase of $2.7 million or 2% from $148.0 million in the second quarter of 2013.
- Starwood Capital Group Acquires The Roxburghe Hotel In Edinburgh, Scotland Wed, 30 Jul 2014 10:55:10 EST
Starwood Capital Group, a leading global private investment firm, announced yesterday that it has acquired, through a controlled affiliate, The Roxburghe, a landmark hotel in Edinburgh, Scotland. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.