Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Pentahotel Brussels City Centre Hotel Opens Mon, 29 Jun 2015 15:17:53 EST
The centrepiece of the 202-bedroom property is the pentalounge. No anonymous hotel lobby, guests step into a stylish club location and check in at the bar. The club effortlessly transforms from a laid-back daytime gathering place into a hip lounge by night.
- New Whitepaper Unveils Best Practices for Increasing Efficiencies with ERFPs Mon, 29 Jun 2015 15:10:31 EST
Use of electronic Request for Proposals (eRFPs) to source hotels and venues has boomed in recent years. This joint whitepaper focuses on trends in eRFP use from the perspective of all constituencies involved in the sourcing process including corporate/association buyers, hoteliers, third party buyers, meeting management companies, meeting technology companies and convention & visitor bureaus.
- Hilton Heads Hotel Development Boom in Africa Mon, 29 Jun 2015 15:07:07 EST
The findings of this years Hotel Chain Development Pipeline Survey show that Hilton is leading the race to develop new hotels in Africa
- STR Celebrates 30 Years As Leader in Hotel Benchmarking Mon, 29 Jun 2015 14:57:15 EST
The company celebrated the milestone with a reception at The Knickerbocker Hotel during the recent New York University International Hospitality Industry Investment Conference.
- West Midlands Hotel Market Continues to Shine During May 2015 Mon, 29 Jun 2015 14:54:18 EST
UK Chain Hotels Market Review - May 2015
- HeBStrategy: The Q3 2015 Hospitality Digital Technology & Marketing Strategy Whitepaper Now Available for Download Mon, 29 Jun 2015 14:08:32 EST
HeBS Digitals latest white paper recaps the biggest hospitality technology and digital marketing news of the past quarter, while looking forward to emerging trends. From HTML5 banners to the new frontier of email marketing to a look ahead to 2016 budgeting season, this edition of the HeBStrategy series covers an array of topics.
- The Kimpton Taconic Hotel to Open This Fall in Vermont Mon, 29 Jun 2015 13:37:53 EST
The 87-room, new construction project, owned as a joint venture between Florida-based developer Heaton Companies, local partner Clark French and Boston financial partner Janet Jiang of First Cambridge Capital, is under construction and is slated for a fall 2015 opening as The Taconic Hotel.
- Luxury Collection Hotels & Resorts Breaks Ground On Los Cabos Hotel Mon, 29 Jun 2015 13:23:40 EST
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT) announced that the company broke ground on Solaz, a Luxury Collection Resort, Los Cabos over the weekend. The resort, owned by Quinta del Golfo de Cortez, SA de CV, will span 33 acres and include an extensive spa, residences, vacation ownership units and a private beach club.
- More Americans Will Travel, but Spend Less, on Summer Vacations in 2015 Mon, 29 Jun 2015 10:54:25 EST
The sixth annual Allianz Travel Insurance Vacation Confidence Index released today by Allianz Global Assistance USA. This year's survey suggests that consumers are eager to save money on their summer travel and will be looking for trips that offer the best possible value.
- E-forecasting.com U.S. Hotel Industry Leading (HIL) Indicator Rose in May Mon, 29 Jun 2015 10:37:45 EST
Future business activity in U.S. hotels rose in May according to the latest reading of the Hotels' future business conditions (HIL) indicator. e−forecasting.com's HIL, a composite indicator that gauges future monthly overall business conditions in the U.S. hotel industry, increased by 0.1% in May to 118.6, following an increase of 0.1% in April.
- How Will Hyperlocal Data Technology Impact the Future of Guest Service and the Hotel Industry? - By Alan E. Young President, Puzzle Partner Ltd Mon, 29 Jun 2015 10:27:01 EST
The current boom in mobile technology innovations are once again transforming the travel and hospitality landscape. Hyperlocal data and information can be incredibly useful for digital engagement in todays mobile world. The capability to deliver useful, proactive content to travelers can enrich the guest experience and ultimately heighten the visibility and relevance of the hotel.
- Educational Sessions, Leading Speakers Announced for Travel Industry Exchange Mon, 29 Jun 2015 10:21:13 EST
Questex Travel Group today announced a robust roster of speakers, panel discussions and educational seminars for its inaugural Travel Industry Exchange event, to debut Sept. 15-17 at Disneys Coronado Springs Resort in Orlando, Florida.
- M&R Hotel Management Names Manager for Days Inn Hotel at JFK Mon, 29 Jun 2015 10:17:11 EST
M&R Hotel Management today announced the appointment of Akash Nabi as general manager of the 75-room Days Inn Jamaica JFK Airport, one of its four hotels serving John F. Kennedy International Airport.
- DHISCO Partners With Luxury Travel Start-up SuiteStory Mon, 29 Jun 2015 10:13:12 EST
DHISCO Inc., the worlds leading hospitality distribution company, today announced it is partnering with SuiteStory Inc., an international luxury travel start-up aimed at helping hotel companies book their high-end but often least-occupied rooms.
- Treatment of Service Charge for Revenue and Expense Reporting In the Hospitality Industry - By Christopher Garland Fri, 26 Jun 2015 15:13:12 EST
Implementation of the 11th Revised Edition of the Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry