Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Irene Hoek Named Head of Global Development for Dorchester Collection Wed, 19 Jun 2013 12:50:33 EST
Having worked in hotel development for the past 15 years, Hoek joins Dorchester Collection from IHG based in London, where she held the position of vice president of development, overseeing strategic investment and management opportunities for the InterContinental brand.
- Courtyard Miami Beach Announces New Oceanfront Tower Wed, 19 Jun 2013 12:43:40 EST
Completing Miami's first expansion of this kind in more than five years, the Collins Avenue hotel is gearing up for opening of its new 93-room Oceanfront Tower this fall.
- UNWTO and Casa Árabe to Promote Tourism Development in the Arab World Wed, 19 Jun 2013 12:39:33 EST
UNWTO Secretary-General Taleb Rifai and Casa Árabe Director General Eduardo López Busquets have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to promote sustainable tourism development and strengthening institutional capacity in Arab countries.
- Hotel Technology Experts to Meet in Hong Kong Wed, 19 Jun 2013 12:35:26 EST
World-class speakers will discuss cloud computing, Big Data, digital media, wireless networking, green hotels, technology new builds, mobile computing, audio-visual and cyber security
- Destination Hotels Named Manager for Eden Roc Miami Beach Wed, 19 Jun 2013 12:31:56 EST
Hotel investment group Eden Roc LLLP, the owner of the historic Eden Roc Hotel, announced today that Destination Hotels & Resorts will assume management of the luxury property beginning July 11, 2013.
- Ritz-Carlton Los Angeles Appoints Reggie Dominique Hotel Manager Wed, 19 Jun 2013 12:29:38 EST
Dominique will oversee the day-to-day operations for the 123-room luxury property located in Downtown Los Angeles, at the heart of the thriving L.A. LIVE entertainment district.
- Anne Engelking Smith Named VP Brand Strategy for Choice Hotels Wed, 19 Jun 2013 12:25:46 EST
Smith joins the company from AARP where she was responsible for overseeing the AARP brand in commercial marketing and driving membership growth including the organization's multicultural membership base.
- Hyatt Place Downtown Pittsburgh Acquired by Chatham for $40 Million Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:53:44 EST
Chatham Lodging Trust (NYSE: CLDT) announced that it has completed its acquisition of the 178-room Hyatt Place® Pittsburgh/North Shore in Pittsburgh, Pa., for a purchase price of $40 million, plus customary pro-rated amounts and closing costs.
- AH&LA - New Association Model Allows Broader Member Engagement Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:42:45 EST
Focus on advocacy and communications highlights industrys vast economic impact
- Knowledge@Wharton - Does the Good Outweigh the Bad? Sizing Up 'Selective' Corporate Social Responsibility Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:33:56 EST
The collapse of the Rana Plaza factory in Bangladesh in April that killed more than 1,100 workers in one of the worst industrial disasters in history exposed the unsafe working conditions that garment workers - many of them women - endure across the developing world. The tragedy also revealed the inconsistencies of some companies with respect to corporate social responsibility (CSR).
- Kaba Shows Mobility, Tablets, Cloud Computing and More at HITEC Booth 1101 Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:14:45 EST
Kaba Invites HITEC Attendees to Try its New Advanced Locking Solutions; Announces Integration Partnerships
- Partner State Associations Honored by AH&LA Wed, 19 Jun 2013 10:15:38 EST
The awards recognize AH&LA partner state associations that have had the most significant increase in membership development and retention programs during the previous year.
- To Sell Experiences Not Just Rooms, Build A Hotel Value Pyramid - By Doug Kennedy Wed, 19 Jun 2013 10:10:17 EST
Today's callers are more likely than ever to have already been online prior to calling; many are online while on the phone. Chances are they have already seen the same list of room types and rates the agent is listing.
- Stellar CIO Panel to Close HITEC 2013 Next Week Wed, 19 Jun 2013 10:05:07 EST
Some of the keenest minds in the technology arena have been secured for the closing keynote session at the upcoming Hospitality Industry Technology Exposition and Conference (HITEC).
- Morgans Hotel Group Selects Cloudbased MICROS OPERA for Entire Hotel Portfolio Wed, 19 Jun 2013 09:48:11 EST
The solution will be hosted in the MICROS US Datacenter. MICROS OPERA Property Management Solution (PMS) will be implemented initially at Hudson in New York, and is planned to be deployed at all Morgans Hotel Group properties by the end of 2013.