Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- InterContinental San Diego Hotel Announced for 2018 Fri, 6 May 2016 10:10:51 EST
Set to open in 2018, the 400-room hotel will be part of a multi-phase mixed-use development, known as BRIC, on the former site of Lane Field in the North Embarcadero area of downtown San Diego.
- Fibra Inn Report 20.6% Increase in RevPar for April 2016 Fri, 6 May 2016 10:08:40 EST
Fibra Inn has a total portfolio of 42 properties: of which 41 hotels are in operation and one additional hotel is under a binding agreement. This represents a total of 7,027 rooms, of which 6,654 rooms are in operation, 152 are under a binding agreement and 221 are under construction.
- Aloft Scottsdale Hotel Opens Fri, 6 May 2016 10:01:05 EST
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.® (NYSE:HOT) today announced its Aloft brand has opened its first hotel in Scottsdale, Arizona. Owned and managed by Triyar Hospitality, the hotel recently completed a $4 million conversion to reposition as an Aloft.
- U.S. April Unemployment Rate Unchanged At 5.0% Fri, 6 May 2016 09:56:49 EST
Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 160,000 in April, and the unemployment rate was unchanged at 5.0 percent. Employment increased in professional and business services, health care, and financial activities. Job losses continued in mining.
- Wynn Resorts, Limited Reports First Quarter 2016 Results Fri, 6 May 2016 09:53:55 EST
Net revenues for the first quarter of 2016 were $997.7 million, compared to $1.09 billion in the first quarter of 2015. The decline was the result of a 13.8% decrease from Macau Operations, partially offset by a 0.7% increase from our Las Vegas Operations. Adjusted Property EBITDA (1) was $300.3 million for the first quarter of 2016, a 7.0% decrease from $323.0 million in the first quarter of 2015.
- Apple Hospitality REIT, Inc. Reports Results of Operations for First Quarter 2016 Fri, 6 May 2016 09:50:24 EST
First Quarter Comparable Hotels RevPAR increased 4.0%; First Quarter Adjusted EBITDA increased 10.6%;
- US Hotel Occupancy Up 1.5 Percent to 68.0 Percent Week Ending April 30th - 2016 Thu, 5 May 2016 14:59:13 EST
Average daily rate up 0.6 Percent to US$121.15
- Canadian Hotel Occupancy Drops 2.6 Percent to 64.4 Percent For Week Ending 30 April 2016 Thu, 5 May 2016 14:54:20 EST
Revenue per available room down 2.4 Percent to CAD$87.59
- Raffles Suzhou Hotel Announced for 2020 Thu, 5 May 2016 10:54:37 EST
Raffles Hotels & Resorts today announced the signing of an agreement with prominent real estate developer Jiangsu Golden Land to extend the luxury hotel brand's portfolio in China to the ancient city of Suzhou.
- Beyond Advertising - How Companies Can Build Better Customer Relationships Thu, 5 May 2016 10:27:18 EST
'Havana hotels are full. If the U.S is going to work on the supply side for lodging, that makes very, very good sense.' Richard Feinberg
- Betsy Kinnear Named Corporate Director of Brand Revenue Optimization for John Q. Hammons Hotels Thu, 5 May 2016 10:17:21 EST
Kinnear will oversee a team of area revenue managers located nationwide. She will report to Jennifer Torsleff, JQHs senior director of revenue optimization.
- Mövenpick Hotel Apartments Al Burj Business Bay to Open 2017 in Dubai Thu, 5 May 2016 10:10:12 EST
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MHR) has signed a management agreement with Richreit Real Estate Development LLC for the Mövenpick Hotel Apartments Al Burj Business Bay, located in Dubai's sought-after Business Bay district.
- Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group Launches Sports Approved Hotel Program Thu, 5 May 2016 09:59:05 EST
The program allows hotels to earn an official Sports Approved designation, and offers services that help teams prepare for their next big game. Whether it is professional sports, collegiate sports, high school sports or youth athletics, the program caters to all athletes and teams regardless of age, level or sport.
- Bubble Bursts for East Midlands Hoteliers As Profit Stumbles for March 2016 Thu, 5 May 2016 09:54:18 EST
UK Chain Hotels Market Review - March 2016
- The Art and Science of Solution Design Part 4 of 4 - By Greg Abbott, SVP, DataArt, Travel and Hospitality Practice Thu, 5 May 2016 09:44:33 EST
Effective Solution Design involves a systematic and holistic approach to all aspects of development, including human and technical engineering, to build a comprehensive product that allows for changes over time as the business landscape evolves. These concepts are essential components for success in the travel tech industry, as the examples illustrate in the final article in this Solution Design series.