Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Ritz-Carlton Reserve to Open 2015 in Bali Wed, 4 Dec 2013 11:21:54 EST
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. has announced Bali, Indonesia as the next stunning location of a Ritz-Carlton Reserve.
- Lisa Kershner Named Area General Manager for Oakland Marriott Hotels Wed, 4 Dec 2013 11:18:13 EST
Rim Hospitality has announced the addition of a new area general manager who will oversee the Oakland Convention Center and two Marriott properties in the Oakland area.
- New Courtyard by Marriott Hotel Announced for Chihuahua Mexico Wed, 4 Dec 2013 11:14:59 EST
The hotel project was signed with a group of local, prominent investors from Chihuahua with over 36 years of experience and a portfolio that includes over 7 local hotels.
- JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi Opens Wed, 4 Dec 2013 11:13:41 EST
The 450-room, 75,000 square meter (800,000 square foot) JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi is a 'reverse skyscraper' designed by acclaimed architecture practice Carlos Zapata Studio. The impressive structure was inspired by the country's magnificent coastline and evokes characteristics of a dragon - a modern interpretation of a symbol from Vietnam's past.
- Staybridge Suites Atlanta Airport Hotel Opens Wed, 4 Dec 2013 11:09:04 EST
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) [LON: IHG, NYSE: IHG], announced the opening of the Staybridge Suites® Atlanta Airport hotel, located just a short distance from HartsfieldJackson Atlanta International Airport, one of the worlds busiest airports.
- Riu Palace Jamaica Opens Wed, 4 Dec 2013 10:55:59 EST
The hotel will open on 6th December to become RIU's fifth in the country and the first reserved for over 18s
- Best Western Royal Buriram Hotel Opens in Thailand Wed, 4 Dec 2013 10:37:47 EST
Best Western International (BWI) has become the first international hotel group to launch in Buriram the fast-growing city in northeast Thailand.
- HVS Report - The Multi-branded Hotel: New Efficiencies Through Innovation - By Eric Wright Wed, 4 Dec 2013 10:30:41 EST
This article discusses multi-branded hotel developments and the potential efficiencies that these developments can create, given the ever-changing demands of both the consumer and the industry.
- Canadian Occupancy, ADR, RevPAR - Week Ending November 23rd, 2013 (PDF Download) Wed, 4 Dec 2013 10:20:48 EST
Published in conjunction with STR (Smith Travel Research) and endorsed by the Hotel Association of Canada. This publication summarizes weekly occupancy and average room rates from major cities in Canada.
- Hotel History: Lucerne Hotel New York Wed, 4 Dec 2013 10:11:34 EST
Nobody Asked Me, But... No. 116 - By Stanley Turkel, MHS, ISHC
- St. Regis New York Concludes Extensive Renovation Program Wed, 4 Dec 2013 10:05:36 EST
Iconic Manhattan Hotel Undergoes Dramatic Renovation & Unveils King Cole Bar & Salon by John DeLucie
- NATHIC Attendees Buoyed by Optimistic Predictions for Growth Wed, 4 Dec 2013 09:53:50 EST
Attendees at the recent North America Hotel Investment Conference (NATHIC) in Chicago were encouraged to hear optimistic predictions by some of the industrys most influential leaders and investment professionals who said the transactions market is heating up thanks to more available assets, willing lenders and potential buyers.
- What Trends Might Disrupt 'business As Usual' in 2014? Wed, 4 Dec 2013 09:30:14 EST
Deloitte 2014 Travel, Hospitality and Leisure Outlook
- Cornell Studies Document Expanding Labor Regulations for Employers and Analyze Current Union Organizing Processes Wed, 4 Dec 2013 09:23:41 EST
Hospitality employers should be aware of the gradual expansion of the provisions of the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), according to a new report issued by the Cornell Institute for Hospitality Labor and Employment Relations (CIHLER).
- HCAA Announces Chinese Language Interpretation Guide to the USALI Wed, 4 Dec 2013 09:00:16 EST
This edition is a follow-up to the English version which was released in November 2011. The publication is a guide to the widely adopted USALI, tailored made to the business practices of hospitality companies in Hong Kong, and eventually in China.