Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Mexico's Atelier De Hoteles Announces US$700 Million Investment Thu, 20 Oct 2016 15:53:57 EST
Atelier de Hoteles' business plan involves the opening of five thousand rooms within the 20 hotels to be built in the most important cities and leisure destinations in Mexico.
- Homestay Business of Ctrip and Qunar Acquired by Tujia Thu, 20 Oct 2016 15:37:57 EST
Today Justin Luo, the Co-founder and CEO of Tujia, announced that the company had concluded a strategic agreement with Ctrip.com and Qunar.com to acquire their homestay businesses. Through this acquisition, the homestay channels of both Ctrip and Qunar's web sites and Apps, along with their operation teams and the entire business, will be merged into Tujia.
- Hoteles City Express Reports 10.2% Growth in RevPAR and Adjusted EBITDA Margin of 34.8% for 3rd Quarter 2016 Thu, 20 Oct 2016 15:27:57 EST
At the Chain level, occupancy in 3Q16 came to 63.2%. The Average Daily Rate and Revenue per Available Room showed significant increases of 11.5% and 10.2% in comparison with 3Q15, registering $854 and $539, respectively.
- Global Travel Trends Report for December Holidays Already Starting to Surprise - By Catlyn Origitano Thu, 20 Oct 2016 15:00:57 EST
Our latest Global Travel Insights report is out and in it we look forward to Q4 and the December holidays therein. This is an especially busy travel season, with so many global travelers looking to head home or getaway for the holidays. Read more for a few of our most interesting planning patterns.
- CareerBuilders Annual Study Reveals This Years Craziest Excuses for Calling in Sick Thu, 20 Oct 2016 14:55:01 EST
33 percent of employers say they have checked to see if an employee was telling the truth after calling in sick, on par with 2015
- PR Pro Reveals Insights Into Trump Over Three Decades - Startling! Thu, 20 Oct 2016 14:51:24 EST
In the wake of The New York Times' recent exposé of presidential candidate Donald J. Trump's tax evasion and bankruptcy scandal, Lorraine Abelow, Founder and President of the boutique PR agency Abelow PR, reveals her experiences with the real estate mogul.
- ADA Compliance & Defense Lawyer: Court Hits Uber and Lyft for ADA Violations - By Jim Butler Thu, 20 Oct 2016 14:39:14 EST
Uber and Lyft are back in the headlines again, but not for the usual ride share issues. This time it is for alleged violations of the ADA. Here is what my partner Marty Orlick, Chair of our ADA Compliance & Defense Group, has to say on this development.
- HVS Market Report Greece (PDF Download) Thu, 20 Oct 2016 14:16:17 EST
This article constitutes an update on the current state of the Greek Hotel Market featuring the latest news regarding the performance of the Greek tourism industry and highlighting recent and upcoming changes in the countrys hotel supply.
- Sheraton Hotels & Resorts Unveils Revamped Sheraton Grand London Park Lane Thu, 20 Oct 2016 11:59:20 EST
Sheraton Hotels & Resorts today announced the official unveil of the Sheraton Grand London Park Lane after a multi-million pound transformation of its 303 guest rooms and public spaces, including the famed Palm Court Lounge and Grade II listed Art Deco Ballroom and Silver Gallery.
- TrustYou Launches Extensive Partner Program 'TrustYou Connect' Offering Free Guest Feedback Solutions Thu, 20 Oct 2016 11:55:20 EST
TrustYou, the world's largest guest feedback platform, today announces the launch of TrustYou Connect allowing eCommerce providers like PMS, CRM, IBE, RMS, OTA, and GDS to integrate TrustYous guest feedback platform. More than 20 partners worldwide such as FASTBOOKING, Cloudbeds and eRevMax have already integrated with TrustYou Connect to offer guest feedback solutions to thousands of hotels across the globe.
- Brexit Aftermath & Safety Concerns Changing How Britons Holiday Thu, 20 Oct 2016 11:30:31 EST
A survey released today by global travel deals publisher Travelzoo (NASDAQ: TZOO) reveals the falling value of the British pound, combined with concerns over security, will affect leisure travel over the British academic half term break. Although 33% of Britons are planning half term breaks next week, 22% say they are avoiding some European destinations.
- US Hotel Occupancy Down 1.4 Percent to 70.7 Percent - Week Ending October 15th - 2016 Thu, 20 Oct 2016 11:26:12 EST
Average daily rate down 0.2 Percent to US$123.84
- LaSalle Hotel Properties Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results Thu, 20 Oct 2016 11:23:33 EST
The Companys RevPAR increased 4.3 percent to $224.98, primarily driven by a 3.9 percent growth in occupancy to 89.5 percent. Average daily rate rose by 0.4 percent to $251.26.
- US Hotel Occupancy Up 1.6 Percent to 68.8 Percent in September 2016 Thu, 20 Oct 2016 11:20:33 EST
Average daily rate up 3.9 Percent to US$127.07
- Canadian Hotel Occupancy Up Slightly to 64.9 Percent For Week Ending 15 October 2016 Thu, 20 Oct 2016 11:16:58 EST
Revenue per available room up 3.0 Percent to CAD$92.31