Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- Majority of U.S. Workers Think Traditional 9-to-5 is a Thing of the Past Thu, 21 Jul 2016 16:32:36 EST
Three in five workers believe the 9 to 5 workday is a thing of the past - 45 percent of workers say they complete work outside of office hours - Sales and IT professionals are most likely to answer emails outside of normal business hours
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Scottsdale Resort Opens Thu, 21 Jul 2016 16:15:48 EST
Embassy Suites by Hilton announced today the opening of Embassy Suites by Hilton Scottsdale Resort following a $25 million renovation. Formerly Chaparral Suites, the hotel is the brands sixth property in the metropolitan Phoenix area.
- Great Wolf Resorts Names Three New Officers to Its Executive Team Thu, 21 Jul 2016 16:08:46 EST
Earlier this month, Bryan Robinson joined the company as Senior Vice President and Chief People Officer, Greg Miller joined as Executive Vice President and Chief Development Officer, and Erin Wallace will assume the role as Chief Operating Officer in late August.
- Travel and Hospitality Brands Miss the Connection with Travelers Thu, 21 Jul 2016 15:54:45 EST
Study Uncovers 98% of Brands Fail to Consistently Respond to Their Followers Social Media Posts
- Patrick Hogan of CMB Regional Centers Discusses the EB-5 Immigrant Investment Visa Program and Hotel Finance - By Jim Butler Thu, 21 Jul 2016 15:42:22 EST
Patrick Hogan, CEO of CMB Regional Centers, speaks with David Sudeck, senior member of JMBMs Global Hospitality Group® at JMBMs 2016 Meet the Money® - the national hotel finance and investment conference. They discuss the evolution of the EB-5 Immigrant Investment Visa Program, indirect jobs, completion guarantees, and taking care of the investor.
- Hilton Garden Inn Brand Expanding to Lithuania and Latvia Thu, 21 Jul 2016 14:58:40 EST
Hilton Worldwide will be welcoming guests in each of the Baltic nations by 2018 following plans unveiled today to bring its midscale Hilton Garden Inn brand to Lithuania and Latvia. The announcement, made at a press conference in Vilnius attended by the mayor of the city, follows last month's opening of Hilton Tallinn Park, Estonia, the company's first hotel in the Baltic region.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton McAllen Convention Center Hotel Opens Thu, 21 Jul 2016 12:33:29 EST
Each of the 150 spacious two-room suites and studio suites is accentuated with modern décor. The living room has a sofa sleeper, work space and 55-inch HDTV, plus a kitchenette with microwave, mini-refrigerator, coffee maker and wet bar featuring gourmet coffee and teas from The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.
- Red Roof PLUS+/Namba-Osaka Hotel Opens In Japan Thu, 21 Jul 2016 11:34:17 EST
The former 198-room Floral Inn has become the 224-room Red Roof PLUS+®/Namba-Osaka after undergoing a $14.5 million renovation, including the addition of 26 new guest rooms. The property which has been updated with the standard Red Roof PLUS+ décor and amenities opened on July 15, 2016.
- US Hotel Occupancy Down 1.4 Percent to 77.5 Percent Week Ending July 16th - 2016 Thu, 21 Jul 2016 11:13:49 EST
Average daily rate up 3.4 Percent to US$128.12
- Canadian Hotel Occupancy Up 4.2 Percent to 79.2 Percent For Week Ending 16 July 2016 Thu, 21 Jul 2016 11:10:48 EST
Revenue per available room up 17.1Percent to CAD$135.09
- Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor Hotel Opens Thu, 21 Jul 2016 11:04:11 EST
Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor features 132 spacious, loft-like rooms, accessible technologies and live music at W XYZ Bar. The new Aloft will be joined by Element Syracuse Inner Harbor in the spring of 2018.
- School of Hotel Administration Center and Institute Leaders Promote Industry Connections Thu, 21 Jul 2016 10:31:22 EST
The new academic year will be a busy one for the newly announced leadership team at the centers and institutes of Cornell's School of Hotel Administration.
- U.S. Hotel Occupancy Nearly Flat at 69.4 Percent for Second Quarter 2016 Thu, 21 Jul 2016 10:26:14 EST
Compared with Q2 2015, the U.S. hotel industry's occupancy was almost flat (+0.6% to 69.4%). Average daily rate was up 2.9% to US$124.47. Revenue per available room increased 3.5% to US$86.33.
- Why Hoteliers Are Upgrading Their Restaurant Management Capabilities Thu, 21 Jul 2016 08:03:32 EST
Its clear that hoteliers have technology on the brain, including restaurant technology: Almost one-quarter (24 percent) of operators who have not purchased a new restaurant management and POS system within the past three years plan to do so in the next 12 months, according to research from the newly released 2016 Smart Decision Guide to Restaurant Management and POS Systems.
- The Potential Economic Impact of Brexit for London, the UK and Europe Thu, 21 Jul 2016 08:01:04 EST
PwCs real GDP growth projections for the UK revised down - Potential loss of passporting a challenge for London - Ireland and Cyprus are the most exposed EU countries from a trade perspective