Hospitality and Tourism Industry News
- US Hotel Occupancy Increases 3.6% to 63.1% Week Ending March 4th - 2014 Fri, 7 Mar 2014 11:34:17 EST
ADR Up 4.8% to US$112.25
- How to Promote Your Hospitality Business Facebook Page (Sponsored) Thu, 6 Mar 2014 13:49:57 EST
91 percent of consumers who do local search use Facebook to find local businesses. Having an active Facebook Page improves your chances of being discovered by people who are searching for a place to stay, or things to do in your area.
- Canadian Hotel Occupancy Up 2.7% to 60.9% For Week Ending 1 March 2014 Thu, 6 Mar 2014 11:56:14 EST
Revenue per available room increases 4.7% to CAD$79.80
- North American Hotel Price Increase of 3 Percent Equals the Global Average Thu, 6 Mar 2014 11:50:11 EST
Hotel Price Index Reveals Fourth Consecutive Annual Price Increase in North America
- MICROS Adds IRiS Software Systems to Its MICROS Commerce Platform, Enabling Mobile Guest Interaction in the Hospitality Industry Thu, 6 Mar 2014 10:43:24 EST
MICROS' recently released MCP provides for the integration of content across a single site, including the integration of multiple third-party solutions. iRiS' award-winning guest service applications, iRiS Valet, iRiS F&B, iRiS Lobby, iRiS Mobile Concierge and iRiS Spa will now be part of the MCP community.
- Cornell Hospitality Research Summit Takes Place October 1214, 2014 Thu, 6 Mar 2014 10:40:55 EST
With the theme of The Future of Service Innovation: The New Science of People, Organizations, Data, and Technology, CHRS 2014 will focus directly on creating new knowledge on the spot, as participants and presenters work together to share research-based information that will assist the industry and inform future research.
- Kim Powley Named General Manager for Pan Pacific Perth Thu, 6 Mar 2014 10:38:31 EST
The appointment brings Kim full circle, marking the return to his home city and back to Pan Pacific Perth where he started his career more than 30 years ago.
- Le Meridien to Open 11 New Hotels in the Next 12 Months Thu, 6 Mar 2014 10:31:15 EST
With these new openings, Le Méridien is on track to more than triple its portfolio in the Americas since the French-born brand was acquired by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide (NYSE: HOT) in 2005.
- Jennifer Shepard NAMED General Manager of ExecuStay Division for CSM Lodging Thu, 6 Mar 2014 10:28:44 EST
In this position, Ms. Shepard will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of CSM's ExecuStay corporate housing business. Bill Upshaw, president of CSM Lodging, made the announcement.
- First West Coast Location of The James Hotel Brand Announced Thu, 6 Mar 2014 10:23:48 EST
CIM Group and Denihan Hospitality Group announced an agreement to bring The James hotel brand to the Los Angeles area, where it will be situated in the heart of the iconic Sunset Strip at the southeast corner of Sunset and La Cienega Boulevards in West Hollywood.
- Marriott International in Europe Announces 27,000 New Rooms and Launches Five Brands in Four Years Thu, 6 Mar 2014 10:09:04 EST
Since 2010, Marriott International has opened or signed almost 27,000 new rooms and launched five brands in Europe; Autograph Collection, EDITION, AC Hotels by Marriott, Residence Inn by Marriott and Moxy.
- Cali Marriott Hotel Opens in Colombia Thu, 6 Mar 2014 10:05:42 EST
Marriott Hotels celebrated the grand opening of Cali Marriott Hotel, its first property in Cali, Colombia, and the companys third in the country.
- OZO Chaweng Samui Opens on Thai Island of Koh Samui Thu, 6 Mar 2014 09:58:54 EST
Located in the popular and central resort area, Chaweng, the new OZO will be the brands first in Thailand as well as its first resort. OZO is aimed at travellers looking for insider experiences and a great sleep, revitalising the idea of smart travel.
- Holiday Inn Express North Hollywood Hotel Opens Thu, 6 Mar 2014 09:52:32 EST
With the addition of this 80-room property, IHG now has five Holiday Inn Express hotels in the Los Angeles and Hollywood areas19 Holiday Inn Express hotels in the pipeline for California.
- Canadian Hotel Prices Increase Three Per Cent in 2013 Thu, 6 Mar 2014 09:47:29 EST
With the Canadian dollar declining throughout the last half of 2013 to a three-year low, many travellers took the opportunity to explore Canada.