Florida International University ( FIU)’s Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management (CSHTM) and its Institute for Hospitality & Tourism Education & Research (IHTER) brought together senior leaders from Asia’s most valued hospitality brands for the 5th Annual Visionary Leaders Roundtable in Hong Kong.
Held on February 9, 2017 at Marco Polo Hong Kong Hotel, this exclusive ‘invitation-only’ event welcomed a select group of prominent hospitality thought leaders from Asia to address pertinent issues that have a profound impact on future growth of the hospitality industry.
“As the global business environment is facing constant and rapid transformation, hospitality industry leaders must be prepared to innovate and manage change at a faster pace,” said Mike Hampton, dean, Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management at Florida International University.
With a focus on Foresight to Action: Tools, Talent and Tenacity, the two session topics were:
- Planning for the Unpredictable
- Future Proofing Your Technology
Presenting partners, Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals (HFTP) Asia, MacroVision Network Pte. Ltd., Rainmaker Group and Sabre Hospitality Solutions actively engaged participants throughout the day and played a vital role in the program delivery.
Executives sharing their insight and perspective at this roundtable were:
- Tejveer Singh Bedi, Group Director of Revenue Management, Park Hotel Group
- Jennifer Cronin, President, Marco Polo Hotels
- Siv Forlie, Vice President, Revenue Management, Shangri-La International Hotel Management Ltd.
- Michael Hobson, Chief Marketing Officer, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
- Joey Kang, Senior Director Asia Pacific – Operations, Rainmaker Group
- James Lee, Director of Finance, Sofitel Singapore City Centre & Chapter President, Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals (HFTP) Asia
- Simon Manning, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Langham Hotels & Resorts
- Philip Schaetz, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Marco Polo Hotels
- Tan Yi Sheng, Senior Vice President, Casino Strategy, Planning and Operations, Genting Hong Kong
Facilitators guiding the discussion topics were:
- Patrick Andres, Managing Director, Asia Pacific, Rainmaker Group
- John Enright, Director, Global Partner Solution Services, Sabre Hospitality Solutions
- Mike Hampton, Dean, Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management, Florida International University
- Christine Toguchi, Managing Director, MacroVision Network Pte. Ltd.
The organizers of this event will soon publish and share with the industry a white paper outlining key outcomes and opportunities. For more information, please visit ihter.fiu.edu
*photo caption (left to right): Seated – Mike Hampton, Patrick Andres, Joey Kang, John Enright | Standing – Fang Shu, Patricia McKay, Christine Toguchi, Simon Manning, Tejveer Singh Bedi, Siv Forlie, Michael Hobson, Tan Yi Sheng, Jennifer Cronin, James Lee, Philip Schaetz