FIU Approved - GlobaLinks
Note: Neither the Chaplin School nor the Office of Study Abroad endorses this program. Students must complete an application process for approval to participate in these programs and earn credits. For details on the application process, administered by the Office of Study Abroad, click here.
New Study Abroad Opportunities in Hospitality and Tourism Management
FIU Hospitality and Tourism students now have a variety of new study abroad options available to them, thanks to a new partnership with GlobaLinks Learning Abroad. GlobaLinks is one of the leading study abroad programs, offering a variety of different countries and program options.
They offer the following types of programs:
- Semester/year abroad at 55 different universities in 20 foreign countries
- Internships in Australia, New Zealand, China and Hong Kong
- Summer Programs in almost all of those countries
- Graduate degree programs in the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales), Australia and New Zealand
GlobaLinks has programs in:
- Oceania – Australia, New Zealand, Fiji
- Europe – Ireland, England, Scotland, Wales, Germany, Greece, Italy, The Netherlands, Czech Republic
- Asia – China, Hong Kong, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong, Malaysia
Steve Luther, Director of Academic Outreach and Development, will be on campus on Tuesday, October 25 to provide information about these programs and will be holding an information session on Tuesday afternoon. Please stop by to see Steve if you have interest in studying or interning abroad and these programs.
Visit http://www.globalinksabroad.org to learn more about the programs.
Hospitality and Tourism Management Study Abroad Programs with GlobaLinks Learning Abroad
GlobaLinks Learning Abroad, based in Colorado has assisted more than 20,000 students with realizing their study abroad dreams since 1990,and runs the AustraLearn, AsiaLearn and EuroLearn study abroad programs, providing you with an abundance of options worldwide. You may wish to study and live abroad on a semester or year program, complete an internship to strengthen your resume, attend a short-term program during one of your academic break periods, complete a research project at an overseas campus, or earn your entire degree.
There is a wide range of study abroad opportunities throughout Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Asia, and Europe. GlobaLinks’ focuses on academic success abroad, personalized service for students, parents and advisors, and 24/7 on-site resident directors GlobaLinks Learning Abroad. All semester/year abroad students also receive:
- On-site Bridging Cultures orientation program (4-6 days in the country you are traveling to)
- Access to over $600,000 in scholarship funding
- Guaranteed housing
- Health insurance
- Official transcript from the overseas institution
- Access to trips and tours during your time abroad
Featured Semester Abroad Programs, with courses in Hospitality Management, Tourism, Event Management and related fields, with direct links to the page on our websites:
- International College of Management Sydney (ICMS) – Sydney (Manly Beach), Australia. Web link: http://www.australearn.org/icms.
- Southern Cross Univesity – Lismore, Australia. Web link: http://www.australearn.org/scu.
- University of Queensland – Brisbane, Australia. Web link: http://www.australearn.org/uq.
- Bond University – Gold Coast, Australia. Web link: http://www.australearn.org/bond.
- Edith Cowan University – Perth, Australia. Web link: http://www.australearn.org/ecu.
- Griffith University – Brisbane and Gold Coast, Australia. Web link: http://www.australearn.org/griffith.
- AUT University – Auckland, New Zealand. Web link: http://www.australearn.org/aut.
Fiji (all courses taught in English)
- University of the South Pacific – Suva, Fiji. Web link: http://www.australearn.org/usp.
- University of Strathclyde – Glasgow, Scotland. Web link: http://www.eurolearn.org/strathclyde.
Asia (all courses taught in English)
- Mahidol University International College – Bangkok, Thailand. Web link: http://www.asialearn.org/mahidol.
- James Cook University – Singapore. Web link: http://www.asialearn.org/jcus.
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University - Hong Kong, China. Web link: http://www.asialearn.org/universities/hong_kong_polytechnic_university/
Search for and view programs offered for Hospitality and Tourism students:
Full-Time Internships in Hospitality, Tourism, Hotel and Event Management Abroad in Australia, New Zealand and Shanghai, China:
Other study abroad programs offered through GlobaLinks:
PAYMENT PLAN AVAILABLE
Besides the standard payment options, which include the option for program participants to delay/defer their payments based on the disbursement date of their financial aid, GlobaLinks Learning Abroad is able to set up customized payment plans on an individual, case-by-case basis. This unique level of flexibility allows students to pay for their program over a longer period of time. Our customized payment approach allows all students who qualify to afford their program of choice.
Please contact a member of the GlobaLinks Learning Abroad Finance Team at 1-800-980-0033 to discuss program payment plan options.
Manager, Faculty and Academic Outreach
AustraLearn / AsiaLearn / EuroLearn
(Educational Programs of GlobaLinks Learning Abroad)
12050 N. Pecos St, Suite 320
Westminster, Colorado 80234 USA
Toll free in the U.S. or Canada: 1-800-980-0033 extension 114
Telephone: 1-303-446-2214 extension 114