Enhance Your Resume with International Experience in China
As a result of FIU’s international reputation for excellence, China’s government selected the Chaplin School as its partner in establishing a hospitality and tourism management in Tianjin, China.
The Marriott Tianjin China Program is a collaboration between FIU and Tianjin University of Commerce (TUC). Students will complete a full semester at the FIU program located on the campus of TUC in Tianjin, the sixth largest city in China and the seaport for the capital, Beijing.
Study hospitality and tourism management while learning about the Chinese culture in China. Experience international hospitality and tourism first hand as you earn an undergraduate degree and learn the industry in China.
Students taking classes on the Tianjin University of Commerce campus follow the same curriculum taught at the Chaplin School in the U.S. Students must adhere to the same academic requirements for graduation.
This opportunity is available to all FIU students. Transfer students are encouraged to complete their first year in China, then return to Miami for their senior year.
Academic + Cost Highlights
- Available in the fall and spring
- Classes are taught in English
- Hospitality management majors take classes toward their degree
- Non-Hospitality Management majors can earn a minor in International Hospitality Studies in one semester
- All students enrolled in the Tianjin Program pay in-state tuition
- Students are able to use FIU financial aid
- Earn a Get AHEAD certificate after taking at least three classes in China
Life on Campus
The Tianjin campus is located on 80 acres with more than 450,000 square feet of air-conditioned space, including a 20-story dormitory tower that can accommodate 2,000 students, state-of-the-art instructional technology, teaching laboratories, and student common areas. Students frequently provide professional services to national and international events.
Gigiana Fraind, B.S. ’13 Talks about China
“This experience is now my foundation. I met some of the most amazing people. I traveled to Hong Kong, Da Tong, Beijing, Macau, and backpacked through Thailand for a week. I learned that knowledge is power.”
- Began in September 2006
- FIU’s largest program in China
- Current enrollment stands at more than 1,000 students
- Tianjin is the sixth largest city in China
- Tianjin serves as the seaport for the China’s capital, Beijing
Study Abroad Program Director
+1 (305) 919-4144
Location in China
Marriott Tianjin Program
Tianjin University of Commerce
No. 409 Guangrong Rd.
Beichen District, Tianjin, 300134