Academic Year 2023–2024
The Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management aims to elevate its standing and influence in the academic landscape through a focused strategy encapsulated in the RAISE initiative—Research, Assets, Impact, Students, and Esteem.
- Increase research output at the Chaplin School to advance knowledge, foster innovation, and contribute to the academic and societal understanding of the hospitality & tourism discipline through rigorous and impactful research endeavors.
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI): Citations, h-indexes, and the number of publications in peer-reviewed and trade journals.
- Increase the Chaplin School’s financial independence and attract new talent to the Chaplin School to enhance educational quality, expand infrastructure, and facilitate the growth of the School to better serve students and the community.
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI): Financial health and reputation of the Chaplin School seen through rankings and philanthropic giving and/or strategic partnerships.
- Increase the impact of our individual and collection actions that will empower students with the skills and knowledge necessary to excel in the dynamic hospitality industry and make a meaningful contribution to its growth and development.
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI): Student and alumni engagement on-and-off-campus, class gifts, and alumni giving.
- Increase the enrollment of the Chaplin School to broaden access to quality education, reach a diverse student population, and sustain the institution's financial stability and growth.
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI): Student full time enrollment.
- Increase the affinity of all stakeholders (students, alumni, staff, industry, community) to cultivate a strong sense of loyalty and connection among alumni, students, staff, and the broader community, fostering lifelong engagement and support for the institution's mission and goals.
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI): Rankings, reputation, giving and strategic partnerships.