Why recruit at Chaplin
With the help of partners in the hospitality and tourism industry, the Chaplin School’s dedicated career development team is able to provide a wide range of services to students and alumni.
FIU hospitality graduates the most Hispanic, Black and International students than any other university. With a diverse student body and an emphasis on global learning, Chaplin School students are equipped with a comprehensive set of skills and practical experiences that provide a solid foundation for a successful career.
Florida International University’s Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management is distinguished as one of the top hospitality programs in the United States and the world. It is ranked in the top 50 globally, #1 for its online program, #1 in the Southeast region of the U.S. and it is best in value.
Students are the center of the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management’s vision, which is to transform hospitality and tourism… one learner at a time, for a lifetime.
Students are taught by Chaplin School faculty members with strong academic credentials combined with excellent teaching skills and extensive executive-level industry experience to inspire them to become leaders in hospitality and tourism.
The curriculum at the Chaplin School prepares students to work in a variety of hospitality settings. With many majors to choose from, students can study the most relevant topics in the industry.
- Hospitality Management
- Beverage Management
- Spirits Management
- Event Management
- Hotel/Lodging Management
- Restaurant/Culinary Management
- Travel and Tourism Management
- Food Innovations Management
- Hospitality Leadership Management
- Entertainment Management
- Executive Hospitality Management
- Revenue Management
- Hospitality Real Estate Development
- Mega Events
- Global Sustainable Tourism
FIU Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management - Handshake
The FIU Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management Career Development Office has partnered with Handshake – a modern career development platform. Handshake is your one-stop shop to find smart, skilled candidates that are an ideal fit for today's environment.
Ways employers can get involved
With the help of partners in the hospitality and tourism industry, the Chaplin School's dedicated career services team is able to provide a wide range of services to students and alumni.
Hospitality Career Week
Hospitality Career Week provides career-driven activities, events and networking opportunities for our Chaplin students. Events vary from semester to semester but can include:
- Guest speaking in one of our hospitality courses
- Participating in a Career Panel
- Participating in mock interviews
- Conducting a workshop in an area of expertise
Career week takes place every February and September.
Interested in staying up to date on upcoming activities and events for employers? Contact Lourdes Torres.
If you are interested in participating/sponsoring any of these events, please e-mail Lourdes Torres.
Exposure as a lead sponsor includes:
- Chaplin Career Connections Newsletter, weekly and distributed to all current students and alumni
- Logo will also be included as a link to your official website, weekly Career Connections newsletter
- Logo featured on all school-wide digital signage and event printed materials as an official sponsor for Hospitality Career Week
- Logo featured on Chaplin School website as an Industry Partner
- A minimum of one weekly mention on the following school social media accounts: Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Logo featured on the digital entrance of FIU Biscayne Bay Campus/li>
- Resume Workshop
- Speed Mentoring
- Career Panel
- Hospitality Day Employer Luncheon
Official sponsorship includes:
- All items above
- Table for Hospitality Day – 3 representatives
- Special recognition as the Official Sponsor of Career Week in Chaplin School website, large size corporate logo with a direct link to your corporate website.
Sponsorship includes branding and recognition in all Career Week events
- Chaplin Career Connections newsletter – Weekly distribution to students and alumni
- Internal AV screens and system.
- Chaplin Connections Newsletter (Dean’s Newsletter)
- Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism website
- Official Career Week Sponsorship
As the official Career Week Sponsor, you will be the ONLY sponsor of all events of the week, including the ones listed above.
Make an impact
Partner with the career development program and hire Chaplin School students and graduates. For more information, contact the assistant director of employer relations, Lourdes Torres.
Lourdes Torres M.S.Ed.
Assistant Director of Employer Relations and Career Development
Assistant Director, Career Counseling & Marriott Tianjin China Program