About The Scholarship
Rakesh and Mei Sarna Scholarship Endowment will be used to advance the College’s academic mission by ensuring that each academic year, three seniors with demonstrated need, who are just a few credits away from graduation, are able to get the financial support needed to help them towards an on-time graduation.
Eligibility criteria for the scholarship are as follows:
- The scholarships will be awarded to students in the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management who are in, or are entering their senior year.
- Recipients must be an undergraduate student enrolled for a minimum of 3 credit hours per semester.
- Recipients must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above, and/or must be recommended by the Dean, Vice Dean, and/ or senior leadership in the school’s Office of Student Affairs at the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management.
- Recipients will demonstrate financial need based on federal financial aid standards, as determined by the University’s financial aid office.
- Recipients may be U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or international students.