Make the connection between academic experience and the desired career path with guidance from the Chaplin School’s dedicated career advisors. The career development program offers dedicated appointments with an advisor, access to industry partners and career opportunities, as well as networking opportunities and resume & interview workshops.
- 900+Companies visited campus
- 1100+Events hosted on campus & virtually
- 55+MIT positions filled by students
- 1800+Hospitality related postings on Handshake (2019-2020)
Hiring partners have made an annual commitment to hiring students as interns or as full-time employees.
- Royal Caribbean International
- Marriott Vacations Worldwide
- Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits
- Groot Hospitality
- The Walt Disney Company
- Loews Hotel
- Compass Group
- Mandarin Oriental (The Hotel Group)
- Baptist Health South Florida
- Accor Hotels
- Four Seasons
- FontaineBleau Miami Beach
- Enterprise Holdings
- InterContinental Hotels Group
- Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants
Panthers Hiring Panthers
Alumni are invited to make an impact by partnering with the Career Development Office to hire Chaplin School students and graduates.
Make an impact by:
- Speaking at a Chaplin event or classroom
- Becoming the subject of a student interview
- Participating in the mock interview program to conduct in-person and virtual interviews.
- Sponsoring a program or student activity on-campus or off-campus
To learn more please contact the Assistant Director of Employer Relations & Career development, Lourdes Gomez and Director of Alumni Relations Unit, Candice Imam.
Real World Talks Podcast
Handshake is a modern career development platform that will be your one-stop shop for launching your career and keeping it on track. Login to Handshake using your FIU email.
Want instant feedback on your resume? VMock is a 24-7 online resume review tool, that leverages data science, machine learning, and natural language processing to provide instant personalized feedback. When you upload your resume, the platform assesses components such as action verbs, format, and how well the 5 core competencies (analytical, communication, leadership, teamwork and initiative) are reflected in your document.
Employment by industry sectors
- 16%Restaurant management and operations
- 13%Food and beverage
- 11% Event planning & management
- 14% Non-hospitality company
- 28%Other hospitality areas such as cruise operations, travel and tourism, hotel resort, casinos, and theme parks