Food Innovations & Entrepreneurship
The Food Innovation and Entrepreneurship major combines the hospitality core curriculum with a science-based focus on Food and Beverage, Culinary Arts, and Food Science disciplines. It combines food science with organizational management, food safety, and quality assurance, together with courses on food business management and entrepreneurship. Career opportunities include Director of Research & Development, Food Product Development Manager, Food Safety Team Leader, and Food Innovation and Research Scientist.
See the Food Innovations & Entrepreneurship track sheet.
Program at a glance
- Ranked the #8 program in the US by QS World University Rankings
- We have the most graduates earning the highest starting salaries compared to any other Florida State University hospitality program
- State of the Art Facilities
- Opportunity to take part in the South Beach Wine & Food Festival SOBEWFF®
- A national, star-studded, five-day destination event showcasing the talents of the world’s most renowned wine and spirits producers, chefs, and culinary personalities.
- In-state: $6,566 per year ($205.58 per credit)
- Out-of-state: $18,964 per year ($617.87 per credit)
- Online options
- Paying for school
Food Innovation & Entrepreneurship careers
- Director of Research & Development
- Food Product Development Manager
- Product Specialist
- Food Safety Team Leader
- Food Innovation and Research Scientist
- Food Entrepreneur